V for Vendetta

Colligula

Great movie! Im a sucker for super hero movies, but it doesnt get any better than a super hero who is sick of the Government trying to scare everyone into submission.

If you like the direction our country is going (being controlled by fear mongoring zealots), or if you are willing to sacrafice your civil rights in the name of false security. Then this is not the movie for you.

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

This is among three movies on my current "to see" list .......... the other two being:

[*]Game 6

[*]Thank You For Smoking

I've heard Thank You for Smoking is very good....as for V for Vendetta, it was ok, but i just couldnt take the guy seriously with that stupid mask....

• 4 weeks later...

it was a good movie...but i have to agree with redman...it did drag a little bit...

did i see someone posted that this movie was brilliant?...it was extremely entertaining...but brilliant?...that's reserved for the life-changing movies like shawshank redemption...or movies that at least challenge you intellectually

Originally posted by tbone44

did i see someone posted that this movie was brilliant?...it was extremely entertaining...but brilliant?...that's reserved for the life-changing movies like shawshank redemption...or movies that at least challenge you intellectually

It depends on how you look at the movie. If you look at it from the aspect of the action, then yes, it is entertaining. However, if you pay attention to the plot, then it is brilliant.

trust me...i pay attention to plot...i'm not someone who is easily tricked into thinking a movie is great just because of action...anyone can make an cliche action movie...but you guys make some good points...i disagree and wouldn't classify it as a "brilliant" movie...but i can see how someone would think so now

I'm sure the "graphic novels" are much more involved with plot and story.

The movie did a good job of conveying the big picture.

The story seems like an adaptation of 1984; a loose relation, but a relation none the less.