Left, Media Attacking Tony Snow

KirtFalcon

Liberals wouldn't be satisfied unless President Bush named Helen Thomas or Eleanor Clift to be White House Spokesman! - KF

Newsmax.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:44 a.m. EDT

It didn't take long for Bush administration critics to start beating up on newly announced White House press secretary Tony Snow.

Over at CNN, Jack Cafferty welcomed the former "Fox News Sunday" host to his new job yesterday by referring to his old employer as "the 'F'-word network."

"Tony Snow, who also happens to be an anchor over there at the "F" word network, is likely to take the job as White House press secretary," reported Cafferty. "President Bush can do worse -- not a bad guy. But it might be too late."

Over at MSNBC, Keith Olbermann didn't sound very impressed either.

"And as to the forecast for Snow at the White House," Olbermann told his audience last night, "in the words of one Washington wag about the press secretary heir apparent, 'The administration appears to have vetted him as well as it did Bernie Keric.'"

Olbermann was referring - not to skeletons in Snow's closet - but to the fact that columns he'd written critical of the White House would be "thrown back in his face."

The New York Times took the same tack in its report announcing Snow's move the White House, noting: "Democrats were already circulating, via e-mail messages, a link to a blog affiliated with the Center for American Progress, which features a list of Mr. Snow's critical comments about the president in his columns."

But perhaps the harshest assessment came from the influential left wing blog, the Daily Kos, where a poster complained:

"Tony Snow has officially taken the job as Press Spokesman-Official Liar at the White House . . . Make no mistake about this, Snow will NOT be a big change for this sad sack outfit in the White House . . .

"While he's not Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Ingraham, O'Reilly or some of the other right wing kooks," the Daily Koser explained, "he still worked for Faux news, the official propaganda arm of the RNC and the White House."

Judging from the reaction, it sounds like Tony Snow has made all the right enemies.

Although he works at CNN, Jack Cafferty is far from being a liberal. You could tell during the Alito and Roberts hearings, when he bashed the Democrats for about five minutes about how they made Alito's wife cry. All he really does at CNN is comment on the news in a humorous manner, he was obviously joking when he talked about Tony Snow and Fox News.

In fact, these quotes really didn't bash Tony Snow as a necessarily bad choice and none of the opinions had anything against Snow as a person or a journalist. They were merely using this as another excuse for bashing the Bush administration, which to me has gotten out of hand in the national media.

Nearly every TV analyst I've seen on every network has said Snow was an excellent choice. However, some did have concerns about his personal opinions which often do not agree with the Bush policies.

Originally posted by Observer

Like Tony Snow has been 100% pro bush...

You guys that talk so much and research so little...

I wish i was as knowledgeable as you, I could read one article from any news source and find out that Snow had previous white house experience, and that he hasnt always been 100% pro bush.

Im glad you pity us enough to share your abundance of knowledge.