Spanish Star Spangled Banner?

bigdawg16

Originally posted by imyahuckleberryman

How does an illegal person have the right to free speech? Go to Mexico and do what they are doing here and see how much free speech they'll give you there dubya. You'll be hollering "no mas senor".

I think they key world your are missing is "certain INAILIABLE rights". Those arent restricted to american citizens, they are universal. If your for trying to differentiate bewteen legal and illegal immigrants thats fine, but it by no means takes away their GOD given right to SAY whatever they want and be free from prosecution.

Breaking a law does not nullify something is nobodys right to take away from you.

Originally posted by OBTS

If you look at it from the perspective of Jesus...wasn't he killed for exercising his God given right to say whatever he wanted to say? We are headed for a sticky wicket when we mix government and religion!

A civil government cannot rely on "the Golden Rule" as it's only law. We have a God-Given right to protect ourselves from those who would persecute us. Our pourous border is a joke, and it's time to deal with that.

I'm all for amnesty for those who have a job already. But America cannot be different than other nations--we have to enforce our immigration laws and procedures. A peron does not have Constitutional rights until that person is a citizen.

Well put. They are here illegally. The only right they have is the right to leave.

Rights, laws, inanailiable or otherwise are only such as long as people as a whole feel the need to enforce and allow them. Look back at WWII, what happened to many Asians after December 7? We rounded these "American" citizens up and put them in camps. Think things like this could not happen again? If they are here illegally, they have no rights, just because I want a better life for my family does not give me the right to break the law. Period.

If the day has come that I as an American citizen do not have any more rights and priviledges in my own country, than anyone else who can just get here, illegally, then I have no country. That ain't so. Now when enough people feel that way and are tired of this nonsense, well mercy on those who tread there. The American people are pretty tolerant, pretty easy going, and will bend, twist, and take a lot, but when enough is enough, well history speaks for itself.