Define conviction

Camusmind

I go to Highland Park United Methodist Church--a church that boasts many of Dallas' rich and powerful on its membership rolls (i.e. Jerry Jones, Angie Harmon, shoot even George W. Bush is still a member at HPUMC).

I was suprised today to hear a sermon dealing with corporate responsibility where the pastor directly called out certain companies accused of unsavory business ethics. It was odd to think that not only did the congregation include stock holders of these companies, but also CEO's.

I can truly say I was impressed with the pastor's conviction.

:thumbsup:

even if one disagrees with his sermon...you have to be thankful that there's a preacher out there that will say what he feels GOD is telling him to say...and not worry about how the audience will feel about it

I don't see where it's that big of a deal. Preachers say things every week about bad things that people do. Even knowing that those people he is is speaking about are in the congregation. Drug addicts, thiefs, liars, etc.

If a member of his church accused another member of his church of a poor ethical decision based only on what they had heard from yet another member of the church....

What would his response be?

To consult the accuser to be more careful not to spread rumors?

I would say that if he has evidence of illegal activitiy he should take it to the authorities....

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...uteronomy%2017:

All ministers should speak the word of God. If it offends some in the congregation it's not the preacher stepping on their toes, it's God who is doing the stepping.