Ghosts, paranormals, etc.

Five0pd310

I'd like to know what people think and if there are there any experiences or stories anyone would like to share?

I'm not talking about Loch Ness, Aliens, and other goofy stuff. Mainly just ghosts and what not.

There are too many unexplained FACTS out there and I often wonder what is the cause. Is it really just ghosts or are they spirits or some type of residual "replays" of past events that have been etched in our surroundings like records on a record player.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've got quite a few at one particular house we lived in.

It was a big 2-story, 4,000 square feet - I'll get to it later what it used to be... anyhoo, in the process of moving, hubby called from one of the bedrooms while I was at the other house to say that somebody was in the house, he kept hearing voices. Nobody was there.

I was in my office, which was in the house, and all of a sudden my ashtray literally disappears. I find it upstairs in a room we never went in for some stupid reason.

Me, the babysitter, and my assistant were all in the kitchen eating lunch, we heard somebody calling out for me, but using my middle name - there's only two people that do that, and one's deceased, my grandfather. I asked them, did you hear that. Yeah, they said. We hear it again. We walk down to my office, nobody's there. Talk about freaking out the hired help!

When you got to the top of the stairs was where my youngest son's bedroom was, he was newly born and as soon as you topped those stairs by his room, the hairs on your neck would spout up, and especially if you were in his room - always felt like somebody was right behind you. One night late when I was up with him and rocking him, felt like somebody was breathing on me, and I told them that he was just fine, and to get off my shoulder - if they wanted to watch, they needed to get in front of me, not blow on my neck. And it stopped.

Every once in a while you'd see something out of the corner of your eye, not a haze or anything like that, just something moved that caught your eye.

It got so bad, that when me and my husband left for a weekend or a day or so, the babysitter would have the kids downstairs and wouldn't go upstairs for anything. In fact, she wouldn't put the boys to bed or put their clothes up unless I went up there with her.

The house used to be part of an older church that he had moved in, and converted it to a house. We lost the original babysitter because she was so scared, got another one, who was the granddaughter of a fortune teller in Longview, named (I can't spell this out)... N*gg*r Red (that's what he went by) and she told me that there were two old women and an old man that haunted the house and kept a special eye on my youngest son, and that they were only in one part of the house. I said, yeah, okay, whatever - I knew they were there, but they never bothered me or the boys.

When we sold it and moved out, as I was packing up youngest son's stuff, it kept getting turned over... now how do you turn over big boxes? Hollered at them and told them to quit, that we were moving to so and so, if they wanted to come, that was fine, but to quit messing with the boxes and it stopped. I kid you not!

I thought it was kind of cool, actually. Didn't bother me at all.

Do I believe in ghosts? You betcha! And until you've had something like this happen to you, you don't believe, till it does happen.

I would say that yes "ghosts" do exist, whether it be a residual haunt or an intelligent haunt, and I would say that the phenomenon deserves more genuine study and a sincere effort by science to unravel what exactly it is that countless people have seen, heard, or felt.......Whether it is photos, EVP's, video footage, etc. there is something to this anomaly.......I myself have experienced what I truly believe is a haunted house, the location of this house is between Cisco and Rising Star, and I have always been the type of person who is skeptical of things unless I can see it, feel it, or hear it for myself........The house I speak of, I happened to experience all three of the above sensations, and also happened to get a few photos and video of "things" I can't really explain.........

I've never gotten video recordings of anything but I have recorded some EVP's on audio. There is definately something to it, what, I don't exactly know.

1) I don't believe they are ghosts. Ghosts are the souls of dead people that do not get to Heaven. The problem is, some of these voices and sightings are children. God is not going to ban children from Heaven. They are the innocents.

2) I think they are demons or angels. When God cast Satan from Heaven, He didn't send him to hell, He sent him to earth. Also, He didn't just cast Satan to earth, He casted 1/3 of the angels with him.

That's my thoughts. So yes, I am curious and like trying to find out things like this, but I am very careful about my intentions and keeping it seperate from my Christianity. Regardless of what these things are, I know they can be dangerous.

I find stuff like this very interesting and really enjoy hearing stories. Experiencing things like that though really freak me out.

Like one time me and some friends went to a cemetary really late one night because someone had told us that they usually saw a ball of light there that would appear from nowhere. Well, we went and was out there for about 45 minits without seeing anything so we decided to leave. Well a couple miles down the road everyone decides they want to go back because they really want to see it. We sat out there again for about 30 minits and again decided to leave. Well as we were pulling out someone started yelling that they saw something and told the driver to back up. As the driver was backing up the hairs on my neck started to stand up and I got chills and as the cemetary came back into view, sure enough, we saw a ball of light in the middle of the cemetary about 3 feet above the ground.

That was pretty freaky. Even if it was just a reflection or something.

Originally posted by Five0pd310

I've never gotten video recordings of anything but I have recorded some EVP's on audio. There is definately something to it, what, I don't exactly know.

1) I don't believe they are ghosts. Ghosts are the souls of dead people that do not get to Heaven. The problem is, some of these voices and sightings are children. God is not going to ban children from Heaven. They are the innocents.

Well some Christian Scholars believe that all the souls of the departed will not actually go into Heaven until the end. They get that from this

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Five-0, I commend you on starting a thread on Ghosts and the Paranormal. I have actually been thinking about creating a like thread on SDC for some time now, but I didn't want to give my fellow SDC'ers reason to doubt my sanity or reasoning abilities...:coocoo:...just kidding.

Let me examine your thoughts. I stress that this is not a religious discussion, but merely my point of view on this subject:

1)" I don't believe they are ghosts. Ghosts are the souls of dead people that do not get to Heaven. The problem is, some of these voices and sightings are children. God is not going to ban children from Heaven. They are the innocents."

I believe that "ghosts" (or whatever you choose to call them) are the souls of individuals whom have lived, then have passed on from this "earthly existense" to some sort of other "post-mortal" existence. These "intelligences" (because that is what they really are at this point. They remember and are aware of everything they have ever experienced or have been taught between birth and death; they just don't have a body anymore) are in a transitional state between earth life and whatever type of existence comes next. I don't necessarily believe in "heaven and hell." Actually, I don't think that "heaven" has anything to do with it. I just think that some of these intelligences , for whatever reason, choose to "dwell" in the exact same places (homes, buildings, ect..) where they spent a lot of their time while they were here in body, OR they choose to "dwell" in these places because they feel some sort of strong emotional bond to it. At any rate, they refuse to accept the fact that they are actually DEAD, and move on to the next stage of existence. Children ARE included in this category.

2) I think they are demons or angels. When God cast Satan from Heaven, He didn't send him to hell, He sent him to earth. Also, He didn't just cast Satan to earth, He casted 1/3 of the angels with him.

If you believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, ect..., the Satan and his 1/3rd part seems to make sense. I just don't believe that "ghosts" are demons or angels. If the person was bad as John Doe with a body, he will continue to be bad as John Doe the "ghost." His personality doesn't change just because he has died.

Again, the preceeding thoughts are based on personal opinion and belief. My mother had an experience with the paranormal when I was a kid living in California. I have what I THINK is a "ghost" or post-mortal intelligence on video I filmed when I lived in Longview. Other than that, I can't solidly back-up my sentiments on this matter. All I know is this; there is DEFINATELY another stage of existence after this life. I guarantee it!! If you don't believe me, volunteer your time to the Hospice organization or take care of somebody who is on their deathbed.

:thumbsup:

We live in a house that was built in 1918...It was a doctor's house (and in the kitchen floor, there's a trap door that was used to help with the underground railroad)...

Anyway, one time my uncle was here alone, working on something in the kitchen when he had to get up and go in another room for something...well, all the doors were locked and nobody was here but him yet when he got to the kitchen, the pen and pad of paper that he had been using was sitting on the floor the same way he had sat it on the table...Kinda eerie...Somethin happened about the door too but I can't remember what.

We hear people walking all the time. A really old house with hardwood floors..you know...they creak..It's one of the reasons I hate the dark.

Every now and then a car will pull up in front of our house at night..We can hear the motor and see headlights n everything..well, a car door or two always closes and someone walks up on the porch yet when we look outside, there's nobody there...no car or anything.

Yeah, you could say I believe too!

Originally posted by Rhino2K4

If you believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, ect..., the Satan and his 1/3rd part seems to make sense. I just don't believe that "ghosts" are demons or angels. If the person was bad as John Doe with a body, he will continue to be bad as John Doe the "ghost." His personality doesn't change just because he has died.

Not necessarily. One of my most favorite sayings on this topic is "The Devil's best trick was to convince the world that he does not exist." Remember, the Devil does not have to make you worship him, he only has to make you deny God. Satan has many weapons in his arsenal for deceit. If you want to hear voices, he can do that for you. If you want to believe in aliens, he can do that for you as well. If you don't think these sorts of things can turn people against God then all I have to do is point you towards the Heaven's Gate Cult. They believed that God was an alien trailing the Hale-Bopp comet so they all committed suicide in order to catch a ride. Who's to say that Satan didn't see this weakness in those people and play that to the hilt?

Of course all this hinges on whether you believe the Bible or not. If you don't believe in God then my argument really doesn't apply to you, but I was just trying to explain to you which angle I am looking at this from.

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

Well some Christian Scholars believe that all the souls of the departed will not actually go into Heaven until the end. They get that from this

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.

16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

I am aware of those passages and it makes me think, because Jesus told the criminal on the cross beside him, (Luke 23:43)"I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Maybe there are times that people are brought up immediately and others that are brought up when Christ returns. I don't have the anwer.

I have heard many stories, from credible people, of ghostly encounters. I have never experienced anything of that nature. I am not going to say that "ghosts" do not exist, but I do have doubts, and until I experience such proof, that doubt will remain.... I do however enjoy hearing/reading tales of the paranormal.

Great topic five0!!!!!:happy65:

The story of the rich man and Lazarus gives great detail as to what to expect in the afterlife.

That being said, if you are ever down this way, you should find Bragg Road and check out the Bragg lights. It is a great experience. Some things are just never going to be explained. :wacko:

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

The story of the rich man and Lazarus gives great detail as to what to expect in the afterlife.

That being said, if you are ever down this way, you should find Bragg Road and check out the Bragg lights. It is a great experience. Some things are just never going to be explained. :wacko:

Elaborate?? May be worth making the 45 minute drive to see!!!

As I began reading this...I began to get a feeling of someone watching me (as I still do now). It happens anytime I have ever begun to think about stuff such as this.

Actually it all started after I saw White Noise..And came home and started to search stuff on that EVP deal. Did it at school, but never got the feeling there. Did it at my father's house, but never got the feeling there either.

It's always right here when I'm sitting at my desk at my mom's house on this computer. I've searched on ghost type things several times in the past and this has always happened. Maybe its just in my mind or something. It just feels like someone is trying to keep me from learning anything about the subject or something to that affect. It also happens when I watch any of those like Ghost Hunter deals. Could be in my mind though just like I said earlier.

I know my parents and grandparents have had something strange like the things mentioned above to them, mostly in my grandparents house. And I know I have heard things drop in this house and things turn on when I know nobody else is in the house asides from me.

I remember one story my grandmother told me...It was right after her brother passed away (as this stupid feeling of being watched gets more intense). Her house is huge..and she was in her room (on the second level). Nobody was home with her at the time and the two lights down stairs were on. My grandmother then heard someone turn out the lights (and they did go out) so she called out to my uncle, her son, thinking it was him but noone answer. Soon she heard someone begin to walk up the stairs and then they suddenly stopped when they got closer to her. And she then knew it was her brother somehow. Things like that just scare me. And I'm going to get off this thread cause this feeling is just getting to strong and big time freakin me out. :yay:

When I was about 16 or 17 a friend and I stayed at my Grandparent's (Granny & PeePaw's) house in Tatum. My Grandad always told me that there was a ghost in their house by the name of Papaw Goude. I didn't take him serious but he never disclaimed it or said that he was joking for the rest of his life. Anyway, their house had a second floor that had been converted from an attic and I would not go up there as a child. NEVER!!! Since I was with a friend this particular night you know I couldn't let on that I thought this house was haunted or that I was scared so we stayed upstairs in the old attic. I remember hearing walking noises all night long accompanied with squeaks and moans. I kept telling myself, "It's an old house, they make noises, that's all it is." I was finally able to fall asleep and woke up the next morning without any further issues. However, when my friend woke up he asked me why I had been up walking around all night. I told him that I never got up (I know this for a fact because I was too afraid to even pull the sheets down below my neck). He told me that he saw a man standing at the end of the bed during the night watching us. Keep in mind that I never told him the house was "haunted" or anything like that. Add to that, my grandad had MD and lacked the strength in his legs to walk upstairs. My friend was adamant that it was a man and thought it had been me until he realized that the man he saw was fully clothed and I had only been wearing a pair of shorts when I went to bed and I was still wearing those same shorts. My bag of clothes was downstairs in the living room.

I never thought much about ghosts for a long time (as a matter of choice) until recently. I have recorded my own EVP's and some of them are shocking all the way to the bone. Some examples of my recordings are, "Get 'em away!", "Erica, Erica", "(unintelligable) then "Hard to get here", "Thomas is good" (after reading a headstone under the name of Thomas), "Get up....TOMMY!" (directly before reading a headstone under the name Tommy Darden), "

The first three were all recorded in a jail, and the rest were in cemetaries.

Yes, I believe there's something there. No, I don't know what it is. I don't know yet if I'm willing to find out what it is. There's too much to try to explain and no resources to try. Maybe we'll know ourselves someday. Only time and our own demise will tell.

There is no friggin way i am going to do a EVP . The TAPS show on the Sci-Fi channel is pretty cool. They had one evp where this old man said " i miss adam " the name of his grandson who just happened to live in the house where his grandparents had lived. I wouldn't be able to sleep:no:

Originally posted by bigdawg16

There is no friggin way i am going to do a EVP . The TAPS show on the Sci-Fi channel is pretty cool. They had one evp where this old man said " i miss adam " the name of his grandson who just happened to live in the house where his grandparents had lived. I wouldn't be able to sleep:no:

You can guarentee that I would never do it in a place where I had to sleep. No doubt about that. That's just crazy.

Originally posted by Five0pd310

I never thought much about ghosts for a long time (as a matter of choice) until recently. I have recorded my own EVP's and some of them are shocking all the way to the bone. Some examples of my recordings are, "Get 'em away!", "Erica, Erica", "(unintelligable) then "Hard to get here", "Thomas is good" (after reading a headstone under the name of Thomas), "Get up....TOMMY!" (directly before reading a headstone under the name Tommy Darden), "

The first three were all recorded in a jail, and the rest were in cemetaries.

Have you ever had a message come to you in a wrong way? Like they were mad at you for recording them or something to that affect?

Originally posted by SAPACK1

Elaborate?? May be worth making the 45 minute drive to see!!!

It's in Hardin County. You drive down Bragg Road late at night and park. These mysterious green looking lights appear. You'd love it.

Originally posted by LoboFan07

Have you ever had a message come to you in a wrong way? Like they were mad at you for recording them or something to that affect?

Nope. The closest one to being angry sounding was, "Get 'em away." All of them will make the hairs on your neck stand up, but this one especially.