What team will be the biggest suprise in 2006 in football.

Meangeen

ETF, you are right my Nephew started as a Soph. last year and he said there are alot of young guys that should start this year also, there is also some very good talent coming up in the next few years. I really hope Bullard wins a few games ( against anyone but Van LOL) you must at least admire the kids that did play last year my understanding is they never gave up and they did play Van all 4Q's.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Outroute

EF will not be a factor in 19-2a they do not have enough tallest to be even close.

OUTROUTE

please tell us how you know that EF does not have the talent to be a factor.

Originally posted by CC_WARDVIEW

Copperas Cove will be a sleeper!

I wouldn't call them a "sleeper." They were a very good football team at the 5A level (Div. II regional finalists). To overlook them would be foolish. ;)

If Sabine makes the playoffs, which is possible, I think the whole town is gonna go into shock...mainly b/c its been a long time since they last made it. I honestly think they there gonna open up a few eyes this year especially the type of district they have...

Originally posted by Rhino2K4
Originally posted by CC_WARDVIEW

Copperas Cove will be a sleeper!

I wouldn't call them a "sleeper." They were a very good football team at the 5A level (Div. II regional finalists). To overlook them would be foolish. ;)

Coppers Cove has been my pick for State Championship from the beginning....will come down to them and/or Texarkana, depending on how the chips fall

What about Rusk? With 8 returning starters on defense, 4 out of 5 returning starters on the o-line, and the powerful Sturns returning with the help of Lewis who was nothing short of a blessing in the backfield with Sturns...and something that many dont know he will also have the help of some fresh and talented recievers including track star Bobby Mcduff, and believe me this boy can catch

Carthage Should be a good team this year, but on the team you have Individuals, who play to make themselves look good & could care less about the person next to them, thats one thing thats gonna hurt carthage this year is their team, p.s. ill let u know when their is actually a team = team working together not as an individual/ Take it from a 2008 starter this year I know!!!!

Originally posted by clisle

Longview

Noone expects us to do anything, which I consider a big plus for us. We win the district title(again) and go at least 3 deep.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't the Lobos lose all their studs and didn't everyone else in the district get stronger? I think the Lobos can make the playoffs if Lee and John Tyler struggle.

Originally posted by daisy6

What about Rusk? With 8 returning starters on defense, 4 out of 5 returning starters on the o-line, and the powerful Sturns returning with the help of Lewis who was nothing short of a blessing in the backfield with Sturns...and something that many dont know he will also have the help of some fresh and talented recievers including track star Bobby Mcduff, and believe me this boy can catch

Yea we do have a chance to be pretty darn salty this year...that backfield is dangerous period with Sturns in it. Giving it to Lewis...and even Manny Griffin could really open it up.

And yes...getting it off to McDuff could be out the gate...he missed last season cause of a car accident (bad case of whip lash).

OL and DL is where it is going to be impressive for Rusk... especially if Attaway plays some more DT (in my own opinion).

Good Luck in 06' boys!

• 3 weeks later...