Best h.s. punter/kicker you've ever seen..

FlowJack

Guest TtownEagle803

Billy Don Walker was tough for Tatum in the mid 90s, watched him kick several through goal posts on kickoffs. Martin Vasquez would suprise you too. 5'5 135 lbs soaking wet and he booted several out of the back of the endzone, i think his longest FG was 43 yards but he had the leg to kick 'em further. The line just couldnt quite hold in order for him to get the deep bombs off.

I can't remember the kids name, but he punted for Mt. Vernon five or so years ago. He was the coaches son, and was a very good quarterback as well. Someone help me out here with his name. All I know is against the Buckeyes, he kicked two punts over 60 yards one year. From what I understand, he was pretty consistent all year long.

AnOldBuckeye, you're talking about Ricky Joe Meeks. He's a good friend of mine. He went to go play ball at TCU (I think) and then he transferred to NSU two years ago. He SHOULD be our starting qb next year. Great arm and a great eye. Good friend too. I would have said him too.

Also, the kicker that SFA has or had two years ago. That guy could bomb 'em. I swear that in warm-up he was kicking them with ease from 50+.

Originally posted by FlowJack

Guess I might as well get in the mix. Steve Stutsman of D'field could boom 'um.

Money in the bank.

Ask Richardson, Nac, and the University of Virginia. Beat all three with 50+ yd kicks with 0:00 on the clock.

No doubt he was the greatest clutch kicker in Texas HS history.

A kid for Garland Lakeview Centennial in '88 at Floyd Casey-Baylor against Marshall was booming them thru the uprights at 50 yds. easily (during warm-ups). Not a huge deal til you factor in the wind that was blowing straight into his face. It had the flag standing straight out from the flagpole.

He never really got a chance in the game tho.

I always wondered what happened with that kid.

Originally posted by golffingnut

Skipper Butler / Gladewater

Kudos to Skip.

Once in a playoff game his senior year, I saw him kickoff @ Old Bear Stadium and kick the ball over the outer fence into the street. He had a powerful leg. He was an outstanding athlete; as well. I had the pleasure to play with him in the late 60's on an American Legion baseball team. He had tremendous power.

Originally posted by luv-sports
Originally posted by golffingnut

Skipper Butler / Gladewater

Kudos to Skip.

Once in a playoff game his senior year, I saw him kickoff @ Old Bear Stadium and kick the ball over the outer fence into the street. He had a powerful leg. He was an outstanding athlete; as well. I had the pleasure to play with him in the late 60's on an American Legion baseball team. He had tremendous power.

Funny story, I was rather young when Skipper played for the Bears. My dad and I had gone to get hot dogs at halftime. At old Bear stadium the concession stand was at the end of the end zone. He kicked off for the 2nd half and put one right in my hands. I lost my hot dog, my coke, but hung on to the football. Later he made it up to me and bought me a ring out of the bubblegum machine at the bowling lanes. Like I said I was really young, but he was my first crush. Great guy to put up with a little girl following him around. Fortunately his family and mine were friends.

Originally posted by FlowJack

Guess I might as well get in the mix. Steve Stutsman of D'field could boom 'um.

Hall lost his kicking foot as a child in a farming accident. He could still boot it like the former Saints' kicker, Tom Dempsey. Hall was playing for Dalhart around the time Dempsey kicked that 63 yarder v. the Lions. Hall went on to kick for the Red Raiders. A really nice guy and a great success story.

Best one i have seen ...

Eric Corley Garrison 93

Hit 3 50 yarders under heavy rush in practice. If we would have been any good that year he would have got more opportunities lol . Plus he was one of the first in E Texas to kick barefoot and soccer style. Could boom em in the end zone most times.

I have 2 of them...

Josh Scobee- Served on Longview's 1998 State Team (it was sad day at the Astrodome vs. Katy). Currently the star FG kicker for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Rudi Galvan- Came up for us huge to tie the state championship game and sent it into overtime. It was very windy and it snuck it in there.

Although mostly remembered as a running back, Henderson's Joe Wylie was also a great punter. Very consistent with a tremendous hang time, he usually forced the punt receiver into a fair catch situation. Of course he also kept the defense honest; fail to contain him or put everything into a attempted block and he would just tuck the ball and run.