Looks like another war

Twentytwo

possibly on the way. With North Korea lauching missles it will be a interesting to see how this is approached.

Was the missle actually shot at Japan? I keep seeing that it was a "test" but whats the difference in a test missle hitting us or Japan, or anyone and a non test missle?

Also does NK have any allies? South Korea hates them. Japan will probably attack before America, and obviously anytime America smells blood, they go for the kill.

Guest Sideliner

You really believe the U.S. response that they were duds and misfired..I got some swamp land to sell ya............

Blow them away and never look back...

Launching missles after we told them not to and on top of it, on the 4th of July.

An assualt on NK would be very unamious and worthwhile kicking a madman out of power.

Guest CNOrtega

I support the disarmament of North Korea 100%. To see action taken would definitely restore my faith in America. Japan's military isn't really much, and that's by design. South Korea's military as well as our own presence in the area already can respond quickly if need be. I am very interested to see what China does in this situation.

I saw on CNN, Dan Rather was just over there, and what he said about North Korea was just weird---basically straight out of the book 1984 where everyone is programmed to do/say certain things---just creepy stuff----he also said that the put on a few military performances that lacked the prescence of aircraft, heavy artillery, etc which made his suppose that although they might have missile capabilities, a "dogfight" would not be something they are ready for.....

I would not consider China an ally of North Korea. Not in the role they were in in the 1950's, at least. They are more of an economic ally than a political one, anymore. That's changing too because the north couldn't afford a bucket of water now-a-days.

Originally posted by rabbitts&canes

definitely don't want china taking nk side against us in the deal. their military is much more modern than a lot of people think.

But not nearly modern enough to really hurt us.......Most of China's air squadron's still rely heavily on 1950's, 60's, and 70's MiG designs, but newer designs are in the works based on Russian technology with some of China's own technology incorporated........China is still a land-based military, with millions of ground troops at their disposal, and that is where the real threat of China lies, not in their technology, but their sheer manpower....As for their navy, China has been experimenting with nuclear submarines, one of which actually evaded our sensors for 3 months while on maneuvers before being detected....and China is also slowly upgrading its surface fleet with missile-capable frigates of Russian design and manufacture.......However, give China another 10 years with their booming economy to upgrade their military, and then I would safely say that they would most likely defeat the US in a drawn out major conflict, but as for right now, the US is still the most dominant and highly technological military force in the world..........

Originally posted by Five0pd310

I would not consider China an ally of North Korea. Not in the role they were in in the 1950's, at least. They are more of an economic ally than a political one, anymore. That's changing too because the north couldn't afford a bucket of water now-a-days.

China is the closest thing North Korea has to a "friend" in that hemisphere. They are both communist countries and not that unlike each other politically, although NK doesn't have the military or economic resources to back up their sabre rattling. Most of what NK has militarily came from China, especially their aging MIG aircraft. NK reminds me of a little bully running out and making noise and then running back hoping his big brother will be there to protect him because he has bitten off more than he can chew again. :whistle:

Originally posted by Seminole44

So if the opportunity presented itself, is there anyone on SDC that would object to the U.S. attacking NK???

Sem you should probably turn this into a new topic with a poll attached to it.......

Originally posted by jasonattsu

China is still a land-based military, with millions of ground troops at their disposal, and that is where the real threat of China lies, not in their technology, but their sheer manpower....

That's why we need to cherish and protect our Second Amendment rights. :thumbsup:

So if the opportunity presented itself, is there anyone on SDC that would object to the U.S. attacking NK???

South Korea would Object since their country would be destroyed. The North could overrun the South before we could get even close to stopping them. Our force in the South is small and we would just be a speed bump unless we went nuclear. If we start something we would need ALOT of forces in place because they have a ton of folks right over the DMZ. We would have to completely retake the country and remember they all look a like! lol If we go Nuclear China gets involved. If Japan strikes them China gets involved (deep hatred there) Not a lot of win win there in my opinion.

Originally posted by sports r us

South Korea would Object since their country would be destroyed. The North could overrun the South before we could get even close to stopping them. Our force in the South is small and we would just be a speed bump unless we went nuclear. If we start something we would need ALOT of forces in place because they have a ton of folks right over the DMZ. We would have to completely retake the country and remember they all look a like! lol If we go Nuclear China gets involved. If Japan strikes them China gets involved (deep hatred there) Not a lot of win win there in my opinion.

Even so something needs to be done. Guy is firing missles trying to demand things his way and, he doesn't even have a pot to wizz in.

What does North Korea truly have that the Chinese would take interest in? If China backed the sanctions or even send troops to deal with the situation this would be an open and shut case.