Zidane

cat1214

I read an article in the paper that suggested Italy lose the Cup if this was a "racial" slur comment that caused him to head-butt the Italian.

For someone that good and that experienced (his last World Cup), the comment had to be one that didn't just "cross the line", but obliterated it!!!!

Zidane deserved the golden ball because he was the best player in the tournament without a doubt. The fact he still won the award when voting didn't end till midnight after the game says a lot. I don't care what anyone says, Zinadine Zidane's will be always be among the best

i agree with everything you said Gabe. Except for the fact that Zidane was the best player of the tournament. What did he do the first 3 games? Just kind of blended in if you ask me. I do admit that when the 2nd round began he was amazing. But he was not the most consistently good player game in and game out in the tournament, or even the French team at that. Ribery played outstanding every game for France and contributed more throughout the tournament than any French player. I know Zidane had the goals, but if Henry or anyone else would've taken them they would have those goals. I was there and I personally experienced it.

• 3 months later...