Derek Jeter, SS
David Ortiz, 1B
Alex Rodriguez, 3B
Vladimir Guerrero, LF
Ivan Rodriguez, C
Vernon Wells, CF
Mark Loretta, 2B
Kenny Rogers, P

*first Tigers starting battery since 1966 (Denny McLain and Bill Freehan)

NATIONAL LEAGUE
Alfonso Soriano, LF
Carlos Beltran, CF
Albert Pujols, 1B
Jason Bay, RF
Edgar Renteria, SS
David Wright, 3B
Chase Utley, 2B
Paul Lo Duca, C
Brad Penny, P

Guest CNOrtega
Originally posted by LJLPOP10

I wish they would allow a DH in every all-star game. No one wants to see a pitcher up there batting.

Which is exactly why I haven't watched National League game from start to finish since 1998.

I enjoy watching the pitcher bat...:ermm:

The NL has a better starter in Penny, and both lineups have a lot of power. The AL bullpen is excellent, but the NL has a very deep bench. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the teams are pretty evenly matched. NL by 2.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

No one wants to see a pitcher up there batting.

What do you mean no one ??? :ermm:

You didn't ask me, so don't you mean, "I don't want to see a pitcher up there batting" ??? :D

Did you like "seeing" Dontrelle Willis hit a grand slam the other day ??

I despise the designated hitter with all my purist heart !!

Totally agree with Cheapy, let the game be played the way it is supposed to.

The pitcher who can handle the bat is much more of a asset to his team.

Steve Carlton, Warren Spahn and Bob Gibson are among the many pitchers who could handle a bat.

Let the game be played like it was meant to be played !!

Force pitchers to work on their hitting skills in the off-season & Spring Training ... if they fail, they have to live with the fact that they are letting their team down.

What is especially exciting about a one-dimensional Baseball player (designated hitter) ???

Nothing is especially exciting about a full-time DH. However, there is even less exciting about seeing a pitcher make a fool of himself in the all-star game. I actually like the game played both ways, but I do not want to see a pitcher at the plate in an all-star game.

I'm going to predict another tie! :coocoo: No, really, I think the AL wins by about 4-5 runs.

If a pitcher comes up and successfully sacrifices the runner into scoring position he is doing his job and not looking like a fool !!

That is what they are trying to do.

As far as of having the homefield advantage for the World Series goes, history shows us that the home team has won 55% of the games in series history.

What a great hit by Michael Young to give the AL the lead in the top of the ninth. He just did what he always does.....two outs, two strikes, two runners in scoring position and he hits it up the middle to give the AL a 3-2 lead.

Michael Young wins it for the AL with a 2 out 2 strike 2 run triple and the congradulatory "hero" interview at the end of the game goes to.........Troy Glaus?

The media can praise Glaus all they want, the baseball people give Young the MVP. Congrats Michael. Good game.

Originally posted by Five0pd310

and the congradulatory "hero" interview at the end of the game goes to.........Troy Glaus?

Well, at least FOX didn't get the David Wright slobberfest they were chomping at the bits for . . . :whistle:

myasmvp0711068xw.jpg

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

The Roberto Clemente tribute was very well done.

It was indeed :)

All and all, a very good night for the annual mid-summer celebration of the world's greatest sport :thumbsup:

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

Oh gosh, Berry..........don't start this early in the morning.

It doesnt mean that Baseball isnt good, just not the best. I still like it....a little.:tongue: