Best Steak Recipe

BearBryant

Soak the steaks for minimum 8 hours in some dark, well-flavored beer (usually Shiner Bock, Guiness, or Warsteiner)....combine that with Worcestershire sauce and Adam's steak seasoning......start the grill (charcoal grill only, no gas, lol) and once the coals are good and ready, throw some sweet onions on the coals for a bit of extra flavor, and start grilling......also like mine medium rare, and man are they good!!! :thumbsup:

Guest CNOrtega

I do my steaks in a skillet. It's actually a pretty easy recipe and everyone who's ever tasted it loved it.

1. Take your steaks (I tend to use ribeyes) and paly them down on a cutting board.

2. Stab plenty of holes in it with a fork.

3. Salt it, pepper it, and sprinkle it down with Emeril's Essence.

4. Butter it liberally

5. Flip it over and repeat steps 2-4

6. Cook to desired doneness (if that's a word), sprinkling with salt, pepper, and Essence on each side towards the end.

It's also important to let it sit for a minute or two before you cut it to let the juices get back in, otherwise you'll have a dry steak, and nobody likes that.

Put steaks in a zip-lock bag, pour about 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar over each steak and let sit for about 20 minutes. Season to taste and lightly sprinkle crushed red pepper on each side. The Apple Cider Vinegar breaks down the meat to the point that you will be able to cut it with a fork and the pepper just adds a little zip! Cook to medium rare!

PS...Make sure it is apple cider vinegar, not white vinegar.....You cannot taste the apple cider vinegar but white vinegar will leave a vinegar taste!!

For seasoning I prefer the Texjoy brand steak seasoning with a little garlic pepper..

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

Rib Eye Steaks marinated in Wish Bone Italian Dressing overnight . . . grilled medium rare --- hard to beat! :w00t:

I cook mine the same way. Well sort of, I am more of a well done kinda guy. Do you use the Zesty Italian or the regular?

Originally posted by K9Rebel

Rib Eye Steaks marinated in Wish Bone Italian Dressing overnight . . . grilled medium rare --- hard to beat! :w00t:

I cook mine the same way. Well sort of, I am more of a well done kinda guy. Do you use the Zesty Italian or the regular?

Zesty Italian works great. For a cheaper way to have some "poor boy" steak get a package of pork chops and set em in a large bowl and dump a bottle of Zesty Italian and half a bottle of Worcester sauce over the chops and let them set for several hours or over night. throw em on the grill and add a little BBQ sauce and some garlic powder, Lowry's season salt and pepper. :thumbsup: For a great smell while you are grilling chunk a couple of dashes of garlic powder on the hot coals and catch a wiff. :tongue:

I get steaks when I go to the store, but may not be planning to grill right away. Here's what I do......

If I got two steaks, I'd put them in a freezer back. Then add KC Masterpiece Steakhouse marinade, then add 1 can of Coke. The Coke helps tenderize the meat. When I'm ready to grill, thaw out and grill away.

Originally posted by K9Rebel

I generally use regular Wishbone Italian, the cheap brands work about as well too. It's the best marinade for steaks I have found! :w00t:

I haven't perfected my steak grilling yet

But I usually season with Montreal, sea salt, and cavendars, and then let is marinate in worchestire sauce for about an hour and cook to medium.

makes my mouthwater thinking about it. now that im 21, i'll have to experiment with the different beers.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jasonattsu

Soak the steaks for minimum 8 hours in some dark, well-flavored beer (usually Shiner Bock, Guiness, or Warsteiner)....combine that with Worcestershire sauce and Adam's steak seasoning......start the grill (charcoal grill only, no gas, lol) and once the coals are good and ready, throw some sweet onions on the coals for a bit of extra flavor, and start grilling......also like mine medium rare, and man are they good!!! :thumbsup:

i tried the beer marinade tonight. it was actually pretty good. it had a little of a twang though, but was good

Originally posted by coachb
Originally posted by jasonattsu

i tried the beer marinade tonight. it was actually pretty good. it had a little of a twang though, but was good

That's good to hear, what type of beer did you use??? you know, since I have just started my vacation, I think today would be a GOOD day for me to grill some steaks.....I just happen to have plenty of Shiner Bock available, and my mouth is watering just thinking about it......

• 2 weeks later...

this is a fail proof way. if you seriously want a good steak here it goes.

1. poke tons of holes in steak with fork

2. spread tenderizer

3. pour soy sauce generously

4. McCormick steak seasoning

5. chop onions and put on top of steak

6. cover with aluminum foil and let sit

7. grill onions and all