Highland Park movie?

max89

Tim

Williams, a Dallas-based documentary maker, put together a DVD about Highland Park's state championship season. He's put together interviews, behind the scenes practices shots, even some old video of team members in middle school games. It's high professional level and SI is running ads after reviewing it.

for more info

Tim Williams

Thunderbolt Films, Inc.

214-969-5751

[email protected]

submitted david mcnabb

http://www.dallasblog.com/david-mcnabbs-high-school-spor/

and faithful smoaky reader

I'm not sure if it'll sale much.

Usually when you have a sports movie, there has to be some type of hinderance like poverty, bad neighborhood, heart of a team, just something that makes you want to watch a movie.

Like Friday Night Lights, it was the story about a team who barely did not make the playoffs, lost an all-star player and had heir dream crushed and yet they still provided a way for next year's team.

Remember the Titans- Intergration was the big issue set in the 1960's of Alexandria, Virginia.

I just don't see how a rich school, in an affluent community with a lot of advances in education, best availablity to physical trainers and so forth be interesting. If anything, it should of been an expectance for that team to a championship...

However just not the way they came out and knocked not just the door but the whole house down.

I didn't see those any of those type signs at the Marshall-HP game.

BUT.....I've seen those signs at other HP games.

I saw them play Garland once and they had a sign that said: OUR MAIDS LIVE IN GARLAND.

When they played Kilgore back a few years ago I saw one that said: OUR HOUSES DON'T HAVE WHEELS.

But I've seen some good ones in response.

CASH CAN'T BUY CLASS

and my personal favorite.....

WE WIPE WITH SCOTS

But I didn't see any of that when we played them in the state championship game. Of couse....I've tried to block that day from my mind and just remember that we were state runner ups.

Win one championship and get a movie made about it..lol Probably as cheesey as the Celina one. With all due respect to both those programs and kids..your accomplishments were great..but really..outside your community and a few other folks who really cares?

I thought the Celina movie was very good, but that's just me.

Also, HP does a great job of winning with less talent than most teams they play, although definitely had some talent on last year's team. Those kids are just disciplined and don't make mistakes and get after you till the last whistle.

I agree with orange80 on this.... HP has a winning tradition with less superstar talent than other teams they play. Those kids are well coached and well disciplined than the other teams they play and minimize their mistakes.

Originally posted by Middle

I try not to be sour about HP but I would expect them to be well coached and diciplined when their entire team is able to attend camps and have trainers out the wazoo.

Don't think I'd be dissin a high school that turned out the #1 graduates of the US Naval Academy and West Point in the SAME year. A lot of great leaders have come thru those doors of HP.

Originally posted by raider24

Is it true that Highland Park had a sign at the Marshall championship game that said: "CASH vs. TRASH" ???

If so, I hope their arrogance is destroyed quickly this season.

i know last year they were calling the HP/T High game the cash vs trash game. don't know about marshall.