'Talladega Nights': Christian bashing in high gear

RETIREDFAN1

The prayer scenes aren't bad one goes like "Dear baby Jesus layin in your Manger watchin little einstein and learning about shapes and colors. Bless Powerade too since theres a part in my contract that says i have to say something about them in all of my prayers..."

Ya the end mess ups were hilarious " I like to think of Jesus as a Ferocious Badger." lol

I was pretty disappointed in 'Talladega Nights' and more disappointed I spent good money to see it. I thought it was not one of Will Farrell's better efforts. I thought it pushed the envelope in a lot of areas: Christianity, homosexality, disrespect for elders and profanity. It was a non-thought provoking, empty minded typical Hollywood effort. Other than that, it was alright.

Originally posted by chsspiritguard04

I was so disgusted that i left in the middle of the movie. BY FAR HIS WORST EVER!

"Well that’s strikes two and three right there”

This movie is great, and don't worry, it's not poking fun at your heritage (if your from TX), it’s poking fun at the NASCAR states (SC, AL, GA, NC…the Deep South) and growing up in South Carolina 2 miles from a major NASCAR track I can honestly say that I was being stereotyped and made fun of in this movie. It was however done in a tasteful, true, and FUNNY way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that what we, the people who did not like the movie, are saying is being taken out of context. It had nothing to do with being offended because we thought it was disrespecting our heritage or our religion (for me, neither were disrespected, the latter being impossible to disrespect). It had funny moments, but it was just not very funny over all. Once again, it has nothing to do with being offended, we just did not think the movie was very funny.

OK OK--Good bad or indifferent doesn't matter.

The point of the original poster is related to Hollywood's double standard.

They get in Mel Gibson's business because he's a Christian, yet others like Will Ferrel can go into an unfettered rage on a religion and suffer no ill consequences. Where is the outrage? Why the double standard?