Kilgore Football

8yrslater

The Bulldogs will be competitive. Has Vallery ever not had a team that competed for the district championship?

He and his staff seem to get the most of Kilgore's talent every season. They have a mindset now of winning. It builds on itself through hard work and belief in themselves. I would be very surprised to see Kilgore finish out of the playoffs.

Getting far in region 2 is another thing. Not just for Kilgore but for any team to come out of district. Can you believe this region?

let's see..... off the top of my head region II has.....

Texas High, Highland Park, Round Rock, Waco, Marshall, Kilgore, Hallsville, Ennis.... all are in the top 15-20 of almost every poll I've seen.

If I had to put them in order......

1. Round Rock

2. Texas High

3. Highland Park

Gets real scetchy after that.....IMO

Texas High

Highland Park

Waco

Ennis

Corsicana

I'm sure I left out a top ten team but it's just the toughest region in the state. It has been the last few years. Old 17-4a was fortunate to be in Region 3 the last few seasons! Basically, if we could get by LaMarque we had a good chance at State. In big school there was no comparison between Region 2 and Region 3. Sorry Mavs. The facts are what they are.

I think there are about 5 teams that could vie for the three playoff spots.

I think Jacksonville is being overlooked.

I think Nacogdoches is prime for a run at a playoff spot.

I think Hallsville is better than last year.

I think Marshall has some great players that need time to "football mature". I think they will finish the season strong building towards next season. Alot of Marshall's players are young. But alot of the players played in spots last season. So it's not like some think that they are playing with a group of kids with no varsity experience. There will be some first time varsity players but not many.

I think Kilgore is somewhat being overlooked by some. They have an all-everything lineman already committed to Texas and not one but two great backs. They had alot more underclassmen that played well last season that aren't being accounted for by some. They have Vallery and staff. Love him or hate him, he and his staff are at the top of their game.

I think probably Nacogdoches and Jacksonville are the darkhorses to make the playoffs.

I think Kilgore has to be the favorites.

I think Hallsville has to be favored to compete strongly for a district championship.

I think Marshall may slip in late in the season.

I think Whitehouse will finish (5-7)

I think Henderson will finish (5-7)

I think Pine Tree will finish 8.

I think there are 5 teams with little to seperate them.

I think this will be another highly entertaining season in 12-4a.

I can hardly wait.

Originally posted by Catmaniac

I THINK I like my writing style:coolio:

I was THINKING the same thing. Good call on the district, should be some good games. Hoping WHS can get in there though.

I was under the idea that HP lost a bunch to graduation?

Kilgore is one of those teams that you really don't know what's going to happen until the season. Of course they'll be decent, but the coaches there have, in the past, pulled talent out of kids who really didn't have any.

I'm a homer for Kilgore, but I honestly think that when district play is over the order of teams from top to bottom will be nothing like they have been the past few years. This year, in my opinion, will be like 2004 in which one really good team will be sitting at home in 4th place (Like Hallsville did that year).