Bullard beats Rusk??

OLB2831

Originally posted by LazyGolfer

no Bullard does NOT think that..they kno that they have a long way to go and yes we understand that it was jus a scrimmage and it will be a different setting come Westwood but u cant get mad at Bullard for celebrating two wins over Winnsboro and Rusk

Once again, you really can't win a scrimmage

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ricky_Bobby
Originally posted by LazyGolfer

no Bullard does NOT think that..they kno that they have a long way to go and yes we understand that it was jus a scrimmage and it will be a different setting come Westwood but u cant get mad at Bullard for celebrating two wins over Winnsboro and Rusk after coming out of a 0-10 season... we will all see what Bullard is made of Bullard for celebrating two wins over Winnsboro and Rusk

Once again, you really can't win a scrimmage

there were 2 live qtrs, yes you can win...simply by putting more points on the board than the other team in 24 min. and thats what Bullard did

haha...yeah...i didnt go to the game and if i hadnt known any better i wouldve thought state football had come and was played tonight if i didnt know any better...yes, Bullard has improved...yepity dee, but what else could you have done? shut down the program? Kudos on the 2 scrimmage "wins", but it dont matter till district comes around anyways

I guess some people are just happy bullard is somehow improving. I can't see what the future holds for bullards season so we all just have to wait and see. Im not saying bullard will win all games, but from what I saw in the scrimmage(not tonights last one) bullard has improved in many ways, in the air,on the ground,defense and the lines.

Now now lazygolfer,theres no need for a low blow. I blew my knee out 1st game of my freshman year at bullard and had to have knee surgery.And was out for like...6 weeks. and then tryed to play again and I couldnt at the time because it was too soon and I was a sidelined for 2 games and then I just droped it and became a manager for the team.

Being a sideliner isnt always a bad thing,its a bunch of students who werent better than they starters but still have the guts and hearts to get suited up and support there team no matter what the outcome is.

Atleast we haven't had to hear a bunch of threads talking about how Bullard has greatly improved and are ready to win the district this year.

Scrimmages aren't counted as wins. If you look in any paper or check out stats, everyone will notice that EVERY team is still 0-0 and everyone will be that way until atleast August 31st.

I'd be willing to bet that if this was during any part of the actual season, Rusk would roll over Bullard. And I don't have any problem with Bullard either. I have several friends from there, even dated a Bullard girl, and have been to several basketball and baseball games the last 2 years. I just know that Rusk has talent and, well, Bullard has enough to field a team.

Anyone who gets fired up over a scrimmage is sad...a scrimmage in Rusk when I played was always a practice? It means nothing...In the regulation scrimmage...Rusk beat Bullard 4 or 5 to 1. Then in the live 2 quarters Bullard 3...Rusk 1. Rusk happened to be working on their passing game in the live scrimmage...Sturns ran the ball how many times during that??? Once...and scored once...wow...shut him down huh?

Saying Bullard beat Rusk in football is retarded...but if I was coming off a 0-10 season...I'd jump at the chance to say I beat someone too...

Too bad we dont have an actual meeting this year...

Here are a few facts from the scrimmage: In the cotrolled part of the scrimmage, 1st 15 plays Rusk scored once, Bullard did not score but did get one first down. 2nd 15 plays Rusk scored again, Bullard did not score. In the Remainder of the controlled part, Rusk scored a couple more times, Bullard scored once. In the 2 quarter portion, Rusk scored 1 and Bullard scored 3. Justin Sturns carried the ball only 10 times for 140 yards, 1 TD. Horrace Lewis carried 12 times for 118 yds. Rusk completed 10 passes for 150 yards. The above 32 plays accounted for 413 total yards not to mention the other 4 backs that carried the ball for Rusk. You decide how you think the scrimmage went.............................

Originally posted by EducatedFan

Here are a few facts from the scrimmage: In the cotrolled part of the scrimmage, 1st 15 plays Rusk scored once, Bullard did not score but did get one first down. 2nd 15 plays Rusk scored again, Bullard did not score. In the Remainder of the controlled part, Rusk scored a couple more times, Bullard scored once. In the 2 quarter portion, Rusk scored 1 and Bullard scored 3. Justin Sturns carried the ball only 10 times for 140 yards, 1 TD. Horrace Lewis carried 12 times for 118 yds. Rusk completed 10 passes for 150 yards. The above 32 plays accounted for 413 total yards not to mention the other 4 backs that carried the ball for Rusk. You decide how you think the scrimmage went.............................

nice estimates there i like that but normally losing teams dont have that many yards...hmm something doesn't add up

Guest TtownEagle803

Dear Lord, Sweet Jesus, give it a rest. Be happy that you looked good and that another 0-10 season doesnt look like its in the near future but to throw a party like you guys are, c'mon now. You outscored the #7 ranked team in 3A(in a scrimmage), which was trying to throw in a few more plays than Sturns left, Sturns right, and Sturns up the middle. They we're trying something new, not to mention the fact that there isnt any emotions or feelings tied up in this scrimmage as opposed to being in a real game. I'm happy for Bullard, I really am. But yall Bullard fans sound like your ready to travel out to Gilmer or make a trip down here to Tatum to reak havoc or something. Calm down just a tad bit, I can understand you being happy, but theres a few more stepping stones before you're a big dog. Like winning a game, not a scrimmage. In a real game Rusk woulda put some points on the board, it was a scrimmage.

I was at the scrimmage to get a look at both teams. My take on it was that by the time the they started playing the 2 live quaters Bullard looked a step faster. I don't know if it was because they were more fired up or just in better shape than Rusk. I know it was not because they are faster than Rusk. Rusk has alot of speed. I came away from the scrimmage that Rusk is still Rusk (there good) and Bullard has gotten alot better. Good luck to both teams.

Finally, an adult perspective!!

I left before the "live" part and came away with basically the same thing. Rusk is good, but vulnerable in areas. Sturns is a really good runner and it did not surprise me to see them try to work the passing game into the scrimmage. It's a glorified practice.

Bullard is definitely improved and it will be interesting to see how that translates into the real games.

I agree with threejs about the passing game. It looked like Rusk was really trying to work on that alot. I think they passed more in that scrimmage than they have in any game they played in since Sturns has been the QB.

The Eagle offense is not the problem, Sturns and co. will score plenty of points this year.

Defense is the issue for Rusk. I saw a lot of bad tackling last night against Bullard. Secondary play didn't look good either, we got burned several times. The Eagles have some improvement to do on defense and better do it in a hurry. Mabank and Van will have more on offense than Bullard!

Going to go see what Westwood has tonight in their scrimmage with Alto and Corrigan, that should be fun to watch.

Originally posted by GTownDesperado

Then you weren't paying attention if you don't think Sturns and Lewis ran for that many yards.... They both had runs of at least 60 yards....

during the 2 live qtrs???...if you knew who i was you would know that i was obviously paying attention

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by OLB2831
Originally posted by GTownDesperado

Then you weren't paying attention if you don't think Sturns and Lewis ran for that many yards.... They both had runs of at least 60 yards....

during the 2 live qtrs???...if you knew who i was you would know that i was obviously paying attention

I'm guessing you're one of Bullard's outside linebackers. Just a hunch.

Originally posted by TtownEagle803

Dear Lord, Sweet Jesus, give it a rest. Be happy that you looked good and that another 0-10 season doesnt look like its in the near future but to throw a party like you guys are, c'mon now. You outscored the #7 ranked team in 3A(in a scrimmage), which was trying to throw in a few more plays than Sturns left, Sturns right, and Sturns up the middle. They we're trying something new, not to mention the fact that there isnt any emotions or feelings tied up in this scrimmage as opposed to being in a real game. I'm happy for Bullard, I really am. But yall Bullard fans sound like your ready to travel out to Gilmer or make a trip down here to Tatum to reak havoc or something. Calm down just a tad bit, I can understand you being happy, but theres a few more stepping stones before you're a big dog. Like winning a game, not a scrimmage. In a real game Rusk woulda put some points on the board, it was a scrimmage.

if no emotions were tied up in this game then why was that almost every play was delayed because of Rusk trying to fight someone? o yea because they were frustrated because they were getting beat by a team coming off of an 0-10 season and is ranked like 130th in state