Something funny or amusing!

AnOldBuckeye

Was coaching at a 2A school in south east texas and we had a couple of kids that had moved in from Beaumont. They were brothers, one a junior and the other a sophomore........both were playing on the JV. Both were excellent Golden Glove boxers..... Leroy the oldest was the bigger brother and pretty tough, Alan was the younger tough as a boot as well....

Leroy started at rover and Alan actually was his backup. We got into a runaway game where we were ahead 30+ points at the middle of the third quarter. It gave us a great opportunity for us to get those subs some playing time. We turned to Alan and said "get in there at rover " Alan was so excited to get into the game that he sprinted out onto the field and got almost to the other side to tell Leroy he was in for him. All of sudden he realized who he was going in for and returned to the sideline. Our defensive coach said "Alan what are you doing.... get in there for Leroy....don't you want to play?" Alan replied, "Yeah I want to play but what if Leroy doesn't want me coming in for him?"

He knew a fight was going to happen after the game and he was going to be on the wrong end of it !!

Thanks to all you guys for the stories. It's nice to have a little humor now and then. Some of the stuff ya'll are tellin' is hilarious. Some of the things that are the most humorous, are simply life stories. Human beings are pretty funny forsure.

I remembered at a game several years back, when during a measurement, the chain gang was jogging onto the field, and one of the refs was in the way, and just tried to jump over the chain. He obviously didn't jump very high, and the chain bounced just high enough to catch one of the cleats on the bottom of his shoe. You can guess what happened,, the first thing to hit the ground was the back of his shoulders. He was a little shook up,, but was a trooper and kept going. The crowd laughed at first,, til it hit them that he might be really hurt. He did get a good round of applause.

Ya'll keep the stories coming.

A few years back our j.v. was playing in Troup. There was a big, big, big referee must of weighed over 375 lbs. and was only about 5'5". We sat and watched him. The WHOLE game he never left within 5 yards of the 50 yard line. He was the head guy and I guess that was his excuse,lol but we all new he just was too darn fat to move. It was awfully funny to see him way down there when the teams were on the goal line,lol !!! Sandiedad

Originally posted by Sandiedad

A few years back our j.v. was playing in Troup. There was a big, big, big referee must of weighed over 375 lbs. and was only about 5'5". We sat and watched him. The WHOLE game he never left within 5 yards of the 50 yard line. He was the head guy and I guess that was his excuse,lol but we all new he just was too darn fat to move. It was awfully funny to see him way down there when the teams were on the goal line,lol !!! Sandiedad

Sounds like he needed one of those little ,,, what are they called???,,,, segways??? The little two wheel gyroscopic things. I guess he had his "comfort zone" out there. LOL

Originally posted by AnOldBuckeye
Originally posted by golffingnut
Originally posted by AnOldBuckeye

Most occurances on a football field, are either exciting, dull, awe inspiring, crazy, or plain ole unexplainable. But I'm sure all of us have witnessed something funny, or amusing on the field as well. Tell us something you personally have witnessed on the field, that was either funny, or amusing. And no fishermans stories. LOL

Since I brought it up, I'll go ahead and start. Back somewhere around 1959, or 1960 I was at a Buckeye game at the old (Henry) McClelland Field in Gilmer. I don't even remember who Gilmer was playing,,, after all I was only 10 or 11 years old. ;) You have to understand,, this was the time when contact lens were starting to gain popularity. We had a quarterback by the name of Kenneth Fielden, at least I'm about 80% sure he was playing quarterback at the time.

He happened to be wearing contacts during the game. Now this wasn't the modern kind of soft flexible contacts, but was the old stiff kind. During the game, after a play had been run, he went to one of the officials, and told him he had lost one of his contacts. They stopped the game,,, and had every player, and coach, on both teams, out there on their hands and knees looking for his lost contact. Even the officials were helping. It was a very bizarre site for sure,, .

Now,, believe it or not, one of the players saw it laying there in the grass, reflecting the lights from the stadium. They gave it to Jerry, and he went to the sidelines,, rinsed it off, and put the thing back in, and the game went on.

I can't tell you if we won the game or not,,, but I just know I won't ever forget the sight of all those guys out there down on their knees searching for a contact lens. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen happen on a football field.

That's funny, but in the late 70's same thing happened at Old Bear Stadium in Gladwater, the only difference was the kid lost his artificial eye.

Ouch,,, I assume they did find it right?

Yes, they did.

Not football, but when I was in 7th grade I ran the hurdles in track. Well in our very 1st track meet they had me on the inside lane, so I already started behind the rest, and on my very 1st hurdle, I tripped on my landing and started rolling. I was so embarrased and mad that I just got up and started running as hard as I could. I ended up finishing 2nd in my heat and 4th or 5th overall.

Me and a friend I graduated with were talking about that the other day and got a pretty good laugh.

If you have never been to the Sabine Cardinals stadium, this is worth the drive (if you're close by). Look at the scoreboard. Perched atop is the Cardinal. Look closely at it's expression and look at the whole score board again. It looks more like a crow trying to strain out a BIG ONE on top of the scoreboard. Last game I went to, we laughed for 3 quarters about it. Can't wait to go back and take a camera this time.

Originally posted by BigRedNuffSaid

If you have never been to the Sabine Cardinals stadium, this is worth the drive (if you're close by). Look at the scoreboard. Perched atop is the Cardinal. Look closely at it's expression and look at the whole score board again. It looks more like a crow trying to strain out a BIG ONE on top of the scoreboard. Last game I went to, we laughed for 3 quarters about it. Can't wait to go back and take a camera this time.

lol ive seen it :whome:

In the early 80's our high school baseball team had a player that had a "tendency" to get injured and had a flair to be dramatic. Usually after he would strike out he would bang the barrel of his bat off of the front of his helmet in anger. Well, he struck out once playing Longview and proceeded to bang his bat against the front of his helmet. The only problem this time was that he had already tossed his helmet aside in anger. Needless to say he was on the bench dazed and confused!

At one of Whitehouse's game at Rose Stadium one of Whitehouse recievers was warming up. The quater threw it and it close to the sidelines and he ran straight into one of the big box fans that they have out there.

Also at the Lake Highlands Robert E. Lee game Lake Highlands ran out to brake the big sign in half. Well the top wasn't all the way broken and one of the trainers was running out with the team and he tried to jump up and break it. He hit but it didn't break it and it slowed him down and right behind came one of their players running full speed and lit the kid up. :whome:

Originally posted by BigRedNuffSaid

I missed it yesterday. I'll look for it tonight.