Never thought I'd see the day, when...

Smoaky

Never thought I'd see the day when....

Atlanta refuses to schedule softer, so they can get things rolling again!!! Too tough of a schedule year after year.....they get beat up physically and on the scoreboard.....lose their confidence for the rest of the year and struggle through their district schedule (which happens to be a killer too!!) Too many athletes at Atlanta HS for the Rabbs not to be contending for a state championship every year! GET IT ROLLING RABBS!!!!

Smoaky,I was just thinking about a post entitled 'Is it just me?' when i read this one but this season is starting out real strange in East Texas.

Maybe it will settle down when we get into district.

listening to the Bobcats play the Tigers Friday night, I was shaking my head at the end of the first half 9Tigers 21-Bobcats 7)then at the end of the game I was shaking my head again. (Bobcats 35-Tigers 21)

TexasGolfCoach,

I actually admire the coaches who play good and sometimes better people.

I don't remember anyone complaining about Atlanta's non-district schedule when they won it all in 2003.

Did you?

I'm not taking a pot-shot at you, just curious.

Did you ever think the schedule isn't always who you want to play---but sometimes those who refuse to play you?

Smoaky

Good point Smoaky!! Thanks for the insight. I know Atlanta always has a tough time getting people with the same or less talent to play them. But, is it still admirable to schedule that way purely out of necessity?

All I'm saying is that it would be nice (if possible) to play Daingerfield, Pewitt, Hooks, and Queen City instead of Hallsville, Kilgore, Mt. Pleasant, and Texas High. Maybe I'm dreaming.......

the atlanta 2003 team and the teams since were completely different. curtis burns didn't start playing running back until like 5 games into the season in 03. after that, the rabbs rolled. speculation if you try to say they would've won with him in there. i know this, they're 6-16 since the championship and even rabfan said the kids get tired of looking across the line every week seeing the teams/players they are facing.

Rabbit fans: sit back and take a chill pill. You now know how it feels to be on the other end for awhile. Yes, it is hard but things go in cycles and it will get better.

Question: What do the sub varsity teams look like? Is the future bright for the Rabbits?

Originally posted by BigRedFan

Rabbit fans: sit back and take a chill pill. You now know how it feels to be on the other end for awhile. Yes, it is hard but things go in cycles and it will get better.

Question: What do the sub varsity teams look like? Is the future bright for the Rabbits?

jv has lost their four best players... three to varsity, one moved. 9th grade isn't very strong and the 7th and 8th grade is a waste of time in atlanta

Originally posted by 4everbandgeek

When a 3-A (huntington) would load its predistrict schedule with 1-A's and get slaughtered

LOL you haven't followed Huntington much over the years have you?

I never thought I'd see the day that Groveton would drop to Class A and not make the playoffs (last season).