Can New Boston Win State

NBhardhitta757

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by blesseddaily

No.....besides all the great teams they would have to beat in East tx they also have the number one team in 2A (last weeks polls) Crawford to beat in this region to get to the state championship game.

Crawford and Newton are both DII bound, NB wont see them in the playoffs. The biggest worries to New Boston during the playoffs are Tatum and Jefferson...should a miracle happen and they get by both of these teams...they have to meet up with Marlin(likey 3rd round competitor for which ever team makes it from districts 17-20), then there is Ealry, and Lexington on the other side of the bracket to play for a state title. In all likely hood, it'll be down to Tatum/Jefferson/Marlin to represent our side of the bracket in the finals. I just dont see NB overcoming Jefferson, much less Tatum and Marlin.

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by leopard

New Boston has not played up to its ability yet. Not in any game.

Neither has Tatum, not even against Center in the 52-0 win. We still played a little sluggish early on.

New Boston lacks tradition to win it all. Very seldom do you see teams that have very weak or poor playoff success take it the distance and win it all. Could happen, but highly unlikely. It helps to have tradition in the playoffs...kids that know how to win when it's not so easy.

New Boston might not even make it out of their district!! My predictions: 1. Pewitt 2. D'Field 3. Hooks 4. tie NB and Hughes Springs

Maybe next year lions, but good luck!!

Originally posted by NBhardhitta757

In my personal opinion I think they can, there real good they just had a bad night last friday they couldn't get nothing going on the ground, but in my own words I think they should pass alot more until there opponents show them that they can stop that because where I was standing from they cant, they have a solid passing game, and if they keep there opponents off balance then that will allow them to run the ball more effectively, because if a team do there home work they will key in on the main keys and stop the run everyone knows NB likes to run so there not to worried about the pass, so whenever they start to pass they will be unstopable. And thats a promise. Keeps the other team off balance.

you are kidding, right?

Originally posted by Bulldog4-life
Originally posted by TexasGolfCoach

New Boston lacks tradition to win it all. It helps to have tradition in the playoffs.

yep hit the nail on the end with that one

Hutto didn't have the tradition when it knocked out Cuero and others on the way to the state finals last year. All it had was a huge offensive line.

Originally posted by TexasGolfCoach

New Boston lacks tradition to win it all. Very seldom do you see teams that have very weak or poor playoff success take it the distance and win it all. Could happen, but highly unlikely. It helps to have tradition in the playoffs...kids that know how to win when it's not so easy.

New Boston might not even make it out of their district!! My predictions: 1. Pewitt 2. D'Field 3. Hooks 4. tie NB and Hughes Springs

Maybe next year lions, but good luck!!

I'm not saying they are going to win a state championship, but barring a huge meltdown, they will make the playoffs. They have more talent than anyone in the district this year.