The Best Defense in 3A

DC_5QB

yes, we all saw the scrimmage. In that scrimmage there were some different personal that now play the other side of the ball. I can assure you that Van's starting D is all under a 4.9.. a 4.9 is not really that fast anymore with the way these kids work in off-season year round. Many big O lineman now a days can crack the 5.0 mark in the 40..

Originally posted by PHS8807

well speed doesnt make a D regardless. Its having kids that want to fly to the ball and kill someone when they get there.

Isn't it my understanding PHS that all of Palestine's D must run a 4.7 or better to even be considered for defense????? Just heard about it and wanted to see if you knew for sure......

Originally posted by OhNutz

#1 Carthage

#2 Whitesboro

#3 Liberty Eylau

#4 Rains

Better stick Palestine in there.. They have played some good offensive teams. I personally know of 3 TDs the Offense gave up. I believe I am accurate in saying that their starting defense has only allowed 20 pts in 3 games. (Hallsville, Kaufman, Henderson)

Bobcat,

I looked it up and I belive PHS has had 46 points scored on them in 3 games. 27 from Hallsville, 13 from Kaufman, 6 from Henderson....still not bad though. Minus game one it looks really good for best defense. Maybe they are getting better every week! I'll keep my eye on them.

What I said was 20 pts against their starting defense.

Their offense has given up 3 touchdowns (2 on interceptions and 1 on a fumble return)

Their offense has been prone to turnovers and has put their defense in a bad spot several times.

Their 2nd team defense has allowed some end of game points also I think.

Point being, they have a salty defense and it is better than the "points allowed' shows.