Marshall (2-1) Vs. Jacksonville (3-0)

Mavchamp

This game says a world about both teams. They are many of us "arm-chair prognosticators" picks to finish 1 & 2 in the 12-4A. I think the winner of this match-up has the early inside track to the district championship.

Just posted on a different thread, so I copied it over here too:

Marshall has played Longview and some LA schools. They played the Lobos very close, but Lgv had some key people out and it was so early in the season that they both had bugs to work out I'm sure.

J'ville has taken care of business while taking out Corsicana and Palestine, two very good teams along the way.

Should be a real good game, played in the Tomato Bowl in J'ville so everything stacks up to a real close contest.

I'm saying Marshall in a close one. And the Mavs going 7-0 in distrtict. As for the Indians, 5-2 with a loss to Marshall and one to either Kilgore, Nacogdoches or Hallsville.

Marshall is good even though they lost most of their starters from last year. Jax is improved on both sides of the ball since last year.

If Jax can't throw the ball better, they will lose UNLESS they can replace their passing non-production with incredible special teams plays like they did against Palestine. i wouldn't count on that, though. Jax must have Jazz Scott as a factor more this week than against Palestine so Marshall won't just focus on Boyd-Anderson. Plus, the O-Line must be prepared for the same kind (if not more) of speed they saw in Palestine.

Marshall's speed on both offense and defense takes this one.

Jacksonville can stop the run up the gut but can't stay with the speed to the outside.

Marshall on the other hand has the speed to contain Anderson and to put pressure on Jazz (?)

Although I've been a big Jacksonville proponent all season, I'm gonna have to go with the Mavericks in this one.

Mavs by 14. :thumbsup:

(These are two of the best three in the district. The Marshall/Hallsville game will be for the district championship)

This is going to be a great game.. great district opener.

IMO, whoever wins this game will take district.

I know, it's probably not right saying the first district game will be played as district championship, BUT.

if you think about it.. there are only about 2-3 teams in this district that could even beat one of these teams.

Which ever team in this game makes the other team one deminsional will win this game.

Mavs by 17.

I also agree that this could be for the district title. It is going to be an outstanding game as both teams have proven they are for real this year. No doubt home field advantage plays a huge role in this game as the Tomato Bowl is as tough a place to win as anywhere in the state. It will be a close game through the 1st half with Jacksonville possibly ahead but I feel the Mavs offensive speed will eventually break the game open....31-17.