What do you think is the biggest story this week in East Texas high school football (9/24-9/30)

Smoaky

I am a homer but with what Winnsboro is doing this season it is definetly a change from last year. Jake Hawkins is force to be reckoned with when he steps on the field. He is Winnsboro's kicker, quarterback, and field goal kicker. Every kick off but one Friday night went out of the end zone and he kicked a 43 yard field goal that would have been good from alot further out. Pinnell has them playing the best ball I have seen in a long time. Might be worth checking into, Smoaky.

In my mind, Marshall at Jacksonville is about as big as it gets in all of East Texas this week. This is a crucial matchup which could very well end up deciding the District 12-4A champion. At the very least, it has a huge impact on the district.

Without a doubt Frankston. Yes I know their strength of schedule has been discussed ad nauseum around here, but what would you expect them to schedule based on their record for the last two years? I would have done exactly what Coach Rhea has done.

They could easily win their district and advance a round or two in the playoffs.

Quite a turn around from their recent record.

Smoaky what about the Gannaway kid, not sure of the spelling, rb for the Dekalb Bears, had 374 yds, in 3 qtrs. of play against St Augustine, plus I hear as a Jr. he put up in the 150's against the Celina state team. 6'2" 205lb. I think he is committed to SMU. I think Dekalb has been running under the radar alittle bit, but I think it would be good to spotlight this kid, I hear he is the real deal!