How do you get into boxing?

BallaHolic30

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely not.

If you have to be taken up into boxing by a coach who is certified, get a boxing book that has a personal picture by you to prevent juicing your record and a second photo in which I forget what happens.

Check with the folks in Troup. Lucky Vascocu was the man in East Texas for boxing prior to his passing. There are a number of names mentioned in the articles that they may be able to give you some info.

http://www.tricountyleader.com/news/2006/0...t_Page/002.html

http://www.tylerpaper.com/site/news.cfm?ne...74749&rfi=6

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4319217

Originally posted by Twentytwo

You should try amateur wrestling.

That would be really fun too. i am a really laid back person and never get the chance to get fired up. I like stuff that gets my adrenaline going so it sounds like a lot of fun. Where could i get into that kind of stuff. Without moving to some yankee school:thumbdown:

kilgore texas, ken jones is the coach. East Texas Boxing Club 903-643-7337. Youll work harder than any high school football, basketball workout around. After about 1 - 2 months of workin out 2 days a week u will go to ur first tourney ( if ur ready ) he charges nothing at all. The only payment is 35$ to be a registered fighter for texas.. after that payment all tourneys and equipment are supported by ken.

Originally posted by texastech10

kilgore texas, ken jones is the coach. East Texas Boxing Club 903-643-7337. Youll work harder than any high school football, basketball workout around. After about 1 - 2 months of workin out 2 days a week u will go to ur first tourney ( if ur ready ) he charges nothing at all. The only payment is 35$ to be a registered fighter for texas.. after that payment all tourneys and equipment are supported by ken.

Is it like a class or just a one on one session. Do you box by age, or just weight class?

its really neither lol, ken is an old school guy, he kinda reminds me of mickey on rocky. he built a shed next to his house and made a ring himself, he has 3 bags and a speed bag, me or u could walk in there today and he wouldnt care who we are he would just give us gloves and tell us to start hitting a bag... he makes no phone calls or nothing he just lets kids come in there and hit bags. throughout the night he walks around and help u, after going for a few weeks he will throw u in the ring with another guy around ur size to spar with, he does all this for FREE. once u have been awhile and decide to box competively u pay the 35 bucks and he will take u a tourney. give him a call though, best thing i ever went through, it made me very mentally and physically tough, and its fun... just call him and he'll explain everything

• 2 weeks later...