New Coaches

JunkyardDawg

Originally posted by Seams7

Haha this is all so funny-if you only knew! Understand that to make an educated decision you must have both sides information. By some of your remarks, it is very apparent there is a lack of knowledge of how college softball programs work. Clearly no one has spoken with a LU player. Speak to any player, just pick one, the stories are the same. Coach Terry did have players to work with. Stephanie Ray (Harmony product-All State, All East Texas, All District), Amber Taylor (Dangerfield product-All East Texas, All District), Sarah Ricks (Pine Tree product -All State, All East Texas, All District), Samantha Brummell (Pittsburg product -All District, All East Texas). The Athletic Director (Dr. Duane Trogdon) is very competent man. He coached several national teams throughout his career and knows what it takes to win. But like they say numbers don't lie. Coach Terry's record at LU was 5-33 (2006), 13-27 (2005) Students don't get athletic scholarships, they simply play because they have a strong desire and love for the game just like ETBU and UT-Tyler players. However, look at how Tom Wait turned the soccer team around in one year. It can be done. By the way Quackerjack I do have my certification, I've been coaching for years, and I have had to deal with parents and players. Bottom line...LeTourneau asked him to resign and you will soon find out why. I just hope your team can rely on its talented players and not the coaching staff. I do wish Carthage girls the best.

This is all I have...time will tell all.

I doubt very seriously that you are or ever have been a coach. The childish manner in which you attack someone (on a public message board) is the methods of an immature teenager who probably got benched or dismissed from a team because of their attitude...I know exactly what went on at LU (from the inside out)...The facts are this: coach Terry is a very knowlegable and able coach who will (if left alone) develop the talent that Carthage always has and take them far...Any high school team should consider themselves fortunate to have a coach with his experience.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you are outnumbered on here Seams7. So, you are a coach? I have to wonder why a coach from a supposedly different school would show such concern for our program here in Carthage....... You can't stand Coach Terry obviously, but you wish "for the best for the Carthage girls" with every post you make on this thread.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..not a parent...a former LU player....a coach you say...hmmmmm?

You sound more like a disgruntled former assistant coach/wanna be head coach more with each post. No coach with real experience or class would be on here bashing one of their peers in the manner you are.

We don't need your concerns about our coach or well wishes for our girls. Go peddle your meanness somewhere else, we're not buying. If you truly wished our girls (NOT your girls) "all the best this season"...you wouldn't be trying to cause problems for their program.

ok.. i have to speak... coach winston whiddon is one of the finest gentlemen and coaches i have ever known. i agree with chsspirit. this is not a rebuilding process but simply a continuation process of what, in my opinion, was re-built by coach whiddon. i dont know coach terry, and i wish him and the girls from carthage well, but NEVER, and i mean NEVER demean what coach winston whiddon did for carthage softball. I can say this because i coached against him, sometimes my team won, most teams his did, regardless of classification. so, before any of you question my knowledge, i can say i have hands-on, first hand knowledge and information, any questions ? u2u me

Originally posted by catchdeball

ok.. i have to speak... coach winston whiddon is one of the finest gentlemen and coaches i have ever known. i agree with chsspirit. this is not a rebuilding process but simply a continuation process of what, in my opinion, was re-built by coach whiddon. i dont know coach terry, and i wish him and the girls from carthage well, but NEVER, and i mean NEVER demean what coach winston whiddon did for carthage softball. I can say this because i coached against him, sometimes my team won, most teams his did, regardless of classification. so, before any of you question my knowledge, i can say i have hands-on, first hand knowledge and information, any questions ? u2u me

Don't think anybody was inferring that Coach Whiddon was not a great coach and had done a fantastic job of keeping Carthage very competitive through the years. I totaly agree, and have also coached against him, and as you say, he usually came out on top. The tradition of winning softball is definitely already in place and Coach Terry should be able to keep it rolling. Good luck to the Lady Dogs this year! Especially since I no longer have to play them!!LOLOL

Originally posted by blesseddaily

Don't think anybody was inferring that Coach Whiddon was not a great coach and had done a fantastic job of keeping Carthage very competitive through the years. I totaly agree, and have also coached against him, and as you say, he usually came out on top. The tradition of winning softball is definitely already in place and Coach Terry should be able to keep it rolling. Good luck to the Lady Dogs this year! Especially since I no longer have to play them!!LOLOL

I think that people, including in Carthage, do not give him enough credit for the job he has done. That is the point that we both are making.

How would you like to be in Crawfords shoes from Whitehouse? A team full of select ball players. A talented bunch of freshmen, and 4 pitchers, a senior who pitched mostly JV ball, a junior who quit pitching last year, and 2 tournament tested freshmen. Now out of this bunch of pitchers who do you think will get the job?

Originally posted by chsspiritguard04
Originally posted by luvsoftball4ever
Originally posted by katie75633

We hav a new coach in Carthage...Coach Terry. He came from Letourneau University in Longview

Yes, I heard Carthage had a new coach this year. I have also heard that he has turned the softball program around and they will be a tough team to beat. They say he has put in alot of hard work and the players like and respect him.:thumbsup:

Turned it around???? Hopefully you are not from Carthage.. Coach Wiston BUILT that program... That program is successful because of him and the parents who donate A LOT of time to that orgainization.

I know enough about the Carthage program. I am sure u never played for Coach Whiddon. You can't even spell his name right. Coach Whiddon just had talented players. He didn't do much for the program at all. The parents did more than he did. U need to get your facts straight. Ask around!!!:mad:

Luvsoftbalbb4ever-

You're not making much sense. On your posts on other threads you say you've "heard Carthage has a new coach" and then you ask if "Carthage has a JV" like you aren't from here. Kinda weird from someone who "knows enough about the Carthage program." Then you post statements cheering our player Brittany Parker like you do know her. Now, you are bashing our former successful coach who started the softball program in this town. It's funny that you chose to post negative things about our old softball coach. On another forum, you made the statement, "who cares about graduates let's talk about this year's players. Why the concern about previous teams all the sudden?

Either you do or your don't know our program and players so please make up your mind.

And, when you do, please keep your posts positive or attach your real name to it. All of us from Carthage are sick and tired of seeing our coaches, administrators and athletes bashed by people hiding behind an anonymous name on smoaky.

We hav a new coach in Carthage...Coach Terry. He came from Letourneau University in Longview

Yes, I heard Carthage had a new coach this year. I have also heard that he has turned the softball program around and they will be a tough team to beat. They say he has put in alot of hard work and the players like and respect him.:thumbsup:

Turned it around???? Hopefully you are not from Carthage.. Coach Wiston BUILT that program... That program is successful because of him and the parents who donate A LOT of time to that orgainization.

I know enough about the Carthage program. I am sure u never played for Coach Whiddon. You can't even spell his name right. Coach Whiddon just had talented players. He didn't do much for the program at all. The parents did more than he did. U need to get your facts straight. Ask around!!!:mad:

My father is in the program... My sister played for the program... And excuse me for missing a "N" in the name. I know more than you "give" credit for.

Ask any one of the females that played for him for 2000-2004.... They will tell you the same... The parents became more involved over the last several years...

I agree with you Coach Whiddon started and BUILT the program! The problems in Carthage are too many parents not letting a coach do their job! The parents have helped with a lot, but when it came to making the line up they all had their own line up! We will see how Coach Terry can handle all the parent involvement.

Originally posted by Quackerjack

You sound more like a disgruntled former assistant coach/wanna be head coach more with each post. No coach with real experience or class would be on here bashing one of their peers in the manner you are.

I do hope that you are not talking about the assistant coach that Carthage has had the last several years that did a whole lot for that program. Is it really true she left the program?????

It would be nice for you to have the correct facts before you talk about some one!

My father is in the program... My sister played for the program... And excuse me for missing a "N" in the name. I know more than you "give" credit for.

Ask any one of the females that played for him for 2000-2004.... They will tell you the same... The parents became more involved over the last several years...

Any of the girls that played during that time period can tell you that Coach Whiddon did a great job and he didn't have to listen to the #### he had to listen to the last 2 years. You people in Carthage are only concerned about what is best for your child and not the team!

Quackerjack you might need to research your new coach!

"this is the same guy that coached at Gary several years back...he was the basketball coach and he divided the community while he was there....Carthage is in for a rough road ahead with Terry...Just ask the folks in Gary." anyone can tell you about that!

Blah Blah blah!! Everyone has something to say about Coach Terry. Great, OK? If the Gary stuff is as true as the LeTourneau stuff ***Sarcasm***, then why are people keeping something so stupid going. How about we all shut up and let Coach Terry do his job. Then, maybe the real focus would be about SOFTBALL and not about how good or bad a coach was in his PAST! Let it play out on the field.

Originally posted by sbcrazy

Any of the girls that played during that time period can tell you that Coach Whiddon did a great job and he didn't have to listen to the #### he had to listen to the last 2 years. You people in Carthage are only concerned about what is best for your child and not the team!

Quackerjack you might need to research your new coach!

"this is the same guy that coached at Gary several years back...he was the basketball coach and he divided the community while he was there....Carthage is in for a rough road ahead with Terry...Just ask the folks in Gary." anyone can tell you about that!

Very true. It is easy for people to coach from the other side of the fence.

You tell em' Coach! Have a great Season! I'm hoping we do!