Everyone PLEASE Read

OutOfTownBuckeye

Originally posted by Slikk1803

That is a total shame to American Football. --------end of story !!!!

Not just football...it is an embarrasing statement about sports in general. Sports can teach so many "life lessons"; it is a shame that this opportunity was missed for the kids at both schools. In my opinion, the winning coach deserves the criticism. No huddle offense? Give me a break!

i think that it is ok to go for a record ONLY if it should happen during the normal course of the game. and what i mean is if a qb throws for 10 tds, i think its ok it the opposing team has run for, say 7. you dont do it to embarrass another team. the saddest part is the fact that the running back is probably taking alot of guff for this, and it wasnt his fault. some records arent worth persuing. and this was probably one of them.

Football is the ultimate "team game" so when players are playing in a game where the outcome is no longer in doubt just for the sake of statistics it is a shame. I would hold the coach resposible. There are life lessons to be learned on how to win AND lose with class and dignity. To promote one players' stats over the rest of his team is disrespectful to not only the opponent but to the younger players who practice hard during the week and could be getting some well deserved playing time.

this may have been the stupidest thing that coach may have done...yea he may have been trying to help out the kid but there is no way that he looked into what would happen because of it

personally, i think the only reason a record should be broken is if it is needed for the team to win...if the game was 63-60 or even within two touchdowns i can understand it...but being ahead by that much and still doing it is just plain stupid

out2prove---I love the signature tag you have on the bottom of your posts---

PLAY FOR THE NAME ON THE FRONT OF YOUR JERSEY, NOT THE NAME ON THE BACK....

If every player (and his daddy or uncle or whoever) understood that, then high school football really would teach ALL of the individuals what it means to be a SELFLESS member who works for the good of the TEAM...and THAT'S the life lesson those kids ought to learn.

Originally posted by max89

just gonna point out 5 8 160 bench 350 squat 500 and of course over 1000 yards in 2 games this kids a hoss

thats exactly what i was going to say! theres got to be a decent D1 team out there somewhere that needs a sparkplug on their team! that kids got to be build like a brick wall!

i've seen much worse scores posted in texas over the last several years.

Originally posted by rabfan

my gosh, we've been ragging on d'field for hammering redwater by more than that. lol

and i dont think that d'field was in the right. remember their qb was still out thru the end of the 3rd qtr. let me ask you this everyone, what if the kid from w.va got hurt because of the other team starting to feel humiliated? you are already losing by 60 points, what is the harm in taking a cheap shot? to me, that is the other point that no one has brought up.

I didn't mean to confuse you. We would have been bringing the wood to that team on every play while that was happening. Behind the play, after the play, during the play. Tit for tat (that means give them a taste of their own medicine of poor sportsmanship, darkside). That may not be the politically correct thing to say, but that's what would have happened, and in my opinion, justifiably so.

Originally posted by warhawk1432

dont fool yourself about traylor. in the playoffs in 04 he sent in his first string to run up the score on tatum just so gilmer could say they score 60 on tatum...the game has less than 2 min. left gilmer had 53 point to Tatum's 35..... So has coach traylor changed his tune since then or his he looking for all the pub. he can get for his team?

That is not a fair comparison. I don't call that running up the score at all. I have witnessed games myself where a team has come from 21 points down with less than two minutes to play. What Traylor did, was try and insure the win. Don't call it running up the score, if there is even a remote possibility the other team could come back,,, and they could have against Tatum. Remember,, they had the studs to score pretty dad gum quickly.

Hunts team were a bunch of sore sports. If any one of them would have had that opportunity they would have taken it. The score wasnt that bad. Does anyone remember the Bullard Tatum game last year? The score was just a few points away from that. I think it would be cool to hold a highschool record and if I could I would definately go for it. I garuntee(sp?) that the person who held the previous record was not playing in a close game.

The Plano-JT game was two playoff teams and yes that can happen. But you do not have to go out in the spread. You can put your third guy in and have plays run up the middle. You do not have to back your players off. I do not believe in that either. But you can control it. Obviously this team was not going to come back. It is a game and life lessons are learned. Respect for others is one. If that were my son I would have gone and gotten him off the field myself. He did it with intent and that is wrong. All of you that say different if in life if someone does something to you or your family and they have proven themselves and do not stop you will want to do something to them