Westwood (4-1) @ Palestine (4-1)

wildcatphs

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banging:duh palestinehas this game locked up..wy you ask....lets recap who these two teams have played...westwood: 3 #### #### teams and crocket which they only beat by 1 point then they lost to rusk who had a hi caliber player and you saw what happened they ran home with their tales between their legs....Palestine: Hallsville...comback win...kauffmen...blowout win....henderson....blowout win....JVille....they beat themselves seeing as in how the d only allowed 6 points.....Rusk....win....now for my comments. palestine beat some good 4 A teams who are said to have good playoff chances and should have beat jville who should also have a good plyoff run.....westwood beat uhhh...what were their names again..doesnt matter. im not sayin westwood isnt a good team im sayin they cant hold ptowns jock is all..u gotta be an idiot not to have palestine to win....by 5 TDs...im sure their defense is to good to allow as many as they did last year.:)

I'm not saying who will win, because any given friday anything can happen, but I wouldn't make huge claims.....look at the Jacksonville/Whitehouse game. I've been at the WW games...the teams they've played had some talent, and the games were hard fought. I'm proud of them. I am not going to down one team over the other.......I'm just excited for the game, hope everything goes well, no injuries to either side, and good luck to everyone!

P.S. I KNEW someone was going to say WW had a weaker schedule since both teams had the exact same record going into the game. It seems like some people can't give WW credit for doing well this year.....there has to be some EXCUSE why they have the same record as Palestine. They both are doing well this year....yay!!!!

Agreed.......If Palestine underestimates Westwood this year they will lose for sure........This is the best team Westwood has fielded in a long time and pretty much ever since I can remember anything about high school football.......Palestine should have more team speed, especially on defense, but Westwood does have some talented skill players......If Palestine actually comes out to play like they mean it, instead of thinking this will be a cake-walk, then Palestine will win........But we'll see.........

Like I said before, I would have loved Westwood going 9-1 with their one loss to the Wildcats, and then go on to win the 3A Division II championship. They dropped a heartbreaker to Rusk, no shame in that. Did Westwood have a weaker schedule than Palestine? I think so but it is not like they played Huntington 5 times in non-district. Three of their five opponents were in the playoffs last year. I think Palestine will win this week, but I still think Westwood makes the playoffs.

I am just excited to see that this game is actually going to be competitive this year. I'm pulling for the Wildcats, but I know everyone on that side of town knows they better not under estimate the WW Panthers come friday night, or WW will have bragging rights and possibly a district championship for an entire year. 643out

I would love nothing more than for WW to beat Palestine just so that side of town would shut up for a year. Most years, Palestine SHOULD beat WW and any other 3A school since they almost double the enrollments of the others, but this year WW is a totally different team and they have the athletes in the positions to match up with Palestine. I say WW pulls one out in another high scoring close one.........38-34.

Originally posted by jtrain

:banging:duh palestinehas this game locked up..wy you ask....lets recap who these two teams have played...westwood: 3 #### #### teams and crocket which they only beat by 1 point then they lost to rusk who had a hi caliber player and you saw what happened they ran home with their tales between their legs....Palestine: Hallsville...comback win...kauffmen...blowout win....henderson....blowout win....JVille....they beat themselves seeing as in how the d only allowed 6 points.....Rusk....win....now for my comments. palestine beat some good 4 A teams who are said to have good playoff chances and should have beat jville who should also have a good plyoff run.....westwood beat uhhh...what were their names again..doesnt matter. im not sayin westwood isnt a good team im sayin they cant hold ptowns jock is all..u gotta be an idiot not to have palestine to win....by 5 TDs...im sure their defense is to good to allow as many as they did last year.:)

ok palestine beat henderson are u serious westwood would blow them out just like every other team has done and the jville game would have been close to ww also imo kauffmen come on be serious ww by 6

First of all, i live in palestine and all i here every year is how westwood is gonna beat palestine. Never happens. This side of town doesnt brag. its the wood that does the talkin. i think it will be a good game but the way the palestine D has been playing i believe palestine will get the win by 3 or four touchdowns. i would like more though

Originally posted by 643

I am just excited to see that this game is actually going to be competitive this year. I'm pulling for the Wildcats, but I know everyone on that side of town knows they better not under estimate the WW Panthers come friday night, or WW will have bragging rights and possibly a district championship for an entire year. 643out

There you go...elequently stated.

I feel that Palestine will win, and I'll continue thinking that until WW beats Palestine. I love that both Palestine schools are doing so well, but Palestine is in a slightly different class than WW. I hope it's a good game, but I think Palestine will pull it out comfortably.

Originally posted by PHS8807

First of all, i live in palestine and all i here every year is how westwood is gonna beat palestine. Never happens. This side of town doesnt brag. its the wood that does the talkin.

That said, I think all of that talking is doing nothing more than motivating the Palestine players to take care of business and NOT overlook this game. Without all of the talk, there's the chance that Palestine blows off WW and looks ahead to Groesbeck and Madisonville...not anymore.

First of all, i live in palestine and all i here every year is how westwood is gonna beat palestine. Never happens. This side of town doesnt brag. its the wood that does the talkin. i think it will be a good game but the way the palestine D has been playing i believe palestine will get the win by 3 or four touchdowns. i would like more though

DOESN"T TALK????? You have definitely lost your mind!!! All they do is talk and yes they do have 400 more students to choose from. You all talk like yall have spanked WW for years and years. They have only played 3 or 4 years. The scheduled they have played has been against some good football teams. Playoff teams. The game will be a close one.

There is definitely talent on both teams. Birdow, winfield, beckworth,smith,and others on D. Offensively great players as well with tremendous team speed. The difference this year is WW has team speed and strength on both sides of the ball as well. The Rusk Ptown game was a totally different game plan for Rusk than it was against WW. J-ville, pretty much an unpredictable game every year. Just like every other rivalry game you cannot judge by past victory or loss records. Both teams will play their BEST and put forth the best efforts in this game. The team with the least amount of mistakes wins this one.

Originally posted by twosportumpire

I love that both Palestine schools are doing so well, but Palestine is in a slightly different class than WW.

what does that mean the people from Palestine are smarter, richer, better,... ect..then the Westwood people

:hmmm:

:ugh: Not even going to comment on this stupid quote:thumbdown:

Um......Palestine and WW are in the SAME TOWN! They are basically the same people, it just depends on where they bought or rented their house. And I agree, that was a silly quote. I'm pretty sure when they stated "class" they were talking about talent and not really class. --- And as long as they are thinking that, then the chance for overlooking WW will happen.

That being said, I'd really like for WW to win this one this year. No offense to my friends and family from PHS :)

Originally posted by ex-eagle45

The team with the least amount of mistakes wins this one.

I sure hope that Westwood's defense hears that one.....since they have allowed 20 points or more to every one of their opponents this year. (Unless I am forgetting someone......)

Originally posted by jasonattsu

The team with the least amount of mistakes wins this one.

I sure hope that Westwood's defense hears that one.....since they have allowed 20 points or more to every one of their opponents this year. (Unless I am forgetting someone......)

Yep you forgot one, Chapel Hill on scored 13 on the Panthers!!!

Only reason I knew is by looking at PantherWildcat85's signature at the end of his post. HAHA!!

I think it is going to be a really good game. Both teams have really good athletes on both sides of the ball. Might come down to least amount of mistakes (turnovers, special teams, etc.)

Good luck to my buddies over at PHS. 643out

Palestine should have this easy....not to say that it will not be competitive. Palestine has more dept than WW and that has played a factor in the last few years. It should be interesting though with Palestine's tough defense and WW's explosive offense. By the way, you can't say that it is only westood fans talking trash on a thread were their is already a post doging the teams that westwood has played. Trash is going both ways.....just like it should between any two teams.

!st of all to the guy who replied to my last post..WW is not in any position to say they would blow some team out....since uhhh they havent had a winning season in what 2 centuries. ok WW WILL allow ptown to score alot since they have let every team they played score 20 or more points on them...CH is an exception they ####..this is from a former CH player who moved to where i am...Palestine has the bragging rights so no one from WW can say a word...oh yeah...WW cant really say anything b/c they never win up until now. yetfor some reason they still do...you know...they even trashed our field not once ....*gasps* but twice.the juveniles....did we hurt ya'lls feelings that bad last year for you guys to do it again....if anyone really thinx WW will win by 1 let alone multiple touchdowns after losing to a team that wasnt even as good as this one last year you are crazy. for the love of god you guys almost lost to bullard...BULLARD!!! who the hell almost loses to bullard and calls themself a good team...lemme guess off game right...yeah...sure...if WW's D couldnt stop sterns...how will they handle the quickness of K Swan, or Jacobi Jackson, or the hands of Larry Jackson, or the peed of montrell Johnson, or the quickness of Kevin Jackson, or the quickness of PT. And how will their Offense handle the raw speed of the defense...when that one is answered logically i will give way to the chance of p town getting beat....same margin i said b4

Its peanut butter jelly time!!!:dancingbanana:

I'm a little puzzled, ( :coocoo: ) is the poll at the top asking who you want to win or who you think will win? The reason I ask is because 19 people have picked WW.

If Palestine plays their best game and WW plays their best... Palestine wins by 3 Td's at least. Look for this game to be close at first, WW may even lead at the half. Then the points start to come. Palestine's D is good, but give up the long pass and since the Panters have three good recievers I say they account for 2 Td's, throw one in on the ground by either their QB or RB and they have 21 pts. so... 42-21 Palestine

DOESN"T TALK????? You have definitely lost your mind!!! All they do is talk and yes they do have 400 more students to choose from. You all talk like yall have spanked WW for years and years. They have only played 3 or 4 years. The scheduled they have played has been against some good football teams. Playoff teams. The game will be a close one.

yes we have only played them 3 or 4 times. every time they win by more than the last year, and i bet if you had your radio stations tuned in then you would have heard the many westwood fans calling in talking nothing but smack. Palestine only talks on the scoreboard. WHERE IT COUNTS

What is the all time record of the series between the two (waste of taxpayer money having two ISDs in a town of 18,000, with 5 more ISDs in the county of 54,000 and only 40,000 non-institutionalized residents) Palestine ISDs? I know that the rivalry has only been recently renewed when Palestine moved down to 3A but I know it goes back a bit further than 3-4 years.

That being said from what I've read/heard about the two teams, along with Palestine being my alma mater, I have to go with Palestine winning by at least two TDs.