WE WANT ROMO!!!!

I belive the Cowboys should really give Romo the next start. Bledsoe was making dumb decision late in the game, Yea you can blame the offensive line but you cant blame them for thorwing a INT on the 10 yard line with good protection. I mean Dallas has nothing else to lose not starting Romo...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does it seem like the Cowboys really haven't tried to "groom a quarterback" since Aikman retired? They seem to have no trouble finding talented young guys, but then there is no plan to bring them slowly into the system. Case in point, Romo had yet to throw a single NFL regular season pass heading into this year. I dont get it sometimes, I know great quarterbacks dont come along often, but sometimes you can develop a really good one if the system is in place. Just my oppinion though......

Thank you Drew Bledsoe, he just won me $200.

I made a bet with a co-worker of mine that T.O wouldn't score against Philly and that they would lose by atleast 10.

Please let him play next week.

Who do they play next week? I might want to place another bet.

Is it me or Roy Williams can't cover to save his life. He's great in run support but terrible at covering

Oh yea, Drew: One more week, One more week, One more Week!!!!

So concerned about Bledsoe, but yet no one writes that the "D" got tore up for over 340 yards passing. Maybe, that is why you lost and not because he holds onto the football too long. Everyone "real" fan knows that is the story on him.

Bring on Romo, who kicked butt against 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by fballfan72

Is it just me or does it seem like the Cowboys really haven't tried to "groom a quarterback" since Aikman retired? They seem to have no trouble finding talented young guys, but then there is no plan to bring them slowly into the system. Case in point, Romo had yet to throw a single NFL regular season pass heading into this year. I dont get it sometimes, I know great quarterbacks dont come along often, but sometimes you can develop a really good one if the system is in place. Just my oppinion though......

I agree it seems like every other team has been able to develop a young QB... the pats with Brady...the steelers with big ben...cowboys seem to have too much of "win now" additude and need to seriously consider their future plans at QB

I don't really like Bledsoe, but I'm not ready to see Romo yet. If the Cowboys want to be a threat this year they are going to have to do it with Bledsoe. Putting in Romo now would be playing for next year and although this loss hurts, it does not end the season. The line was the real problem today. The constant pressure takes it toll over a game, but that last INT was inexcussable. The line has been solid up until today so I think they will be better prepared when the Eagles come to Texas.

Originally posted by Blitz

So concerned about Bledsoe, but yet no one writes that the "D" got tore up for over 340 yards passing. Maybe, that is why you lost and not because he holds onto the football too long. Everyone "real" fan knows that is the story on him.

Bring on Romo, who kicked butt against 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Philly had great field position most of the day because of Bledsoe but I agree with you. The D didnt step up.

The Defense never got a rest because after every philly score bledsoe and Co. couldnt get a first down and would have to punt. after so many three and outs the defense had to be really worn out both physically and mentally. Even when the D would step up and stop the eagles the offense didnt capatilize and that has to wear on the defense eventually.

Originally posted by jd63238

Romo could do no worse, so give him a chance. Bledsoe is pathetic! If Parcells cannot figure this one out then we have a serious problem in Dallas.

Dallas.....we have a problem. :thumbdown:

So all of you wanting Romo..are you ready to give this season up? Yes Bledsoe looked like #### today, but he bounces back..he proved that after Jax game. He STILL is the best chance for the Cowboys to make the play-offs. If you put Romo in now, your playing for the future and giving up on this season

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

So all of you wanting Romo..are you ready to give this season up? Yes Bledsoe looked like #### today, but he bounces back..he proved that after Jax game. He STILL is the best chance for the Cowboys to make the play-offs. If you put Romo in now, your playing for the future and giving up on this season

Your assuming Romo cant win.

I agree, it's time for the Cowboys to replace Bledsoe because they can't protect him in the pocket and he isn't a scrambler. Romo has better legs, but I don't believe he is the long term solution either. Romo might be a better choice because he is more mobile but who knows how he would perform week in and week out.

I really believe the Cowboys need to put QB at the top of their draft list priority and draft a 1st round prospect and develop him. How many years have they wasted since Aikman retired getting by with retread NFL veteran QBs instead of drafting a top flight QB?

Originally posted by strawberry66
Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

Your assuming Romo cant win.

Yep I am assuming a guy who has NEVER taken a meaningful snap in the NFL is not going to step in and start winning right away.