WE WANT ROMO!!!!

Originally posted by strawberry66
Originally posted by RAMbone

Some of you people need to realize that Romo is no more mobile than Bledsoe. He also played alot against players who got cut after preseason. Romo has potential but needs to get in the games when the boys are winning pretty handily. That is how you groom a QB. You don't just throw them out there. Romo would have been sacked just as many times as Bledsoe did today. The Eagles Defense just did what alot of teams will start doing against the Cowboys on a weekly basis. Maybe the cowboys need to go to shotgun to let Bledsoe have a better advantage. Romo isn't the answer just yet. Maybe next season if he gets SOME work this year.

Romo ran a 4.9 in his combine. Not bad and probably faster now. I garuntee Drew can not run a 4.9.

Funny thing is Drew Bledsoe ran a 4.7 at his combine

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until Parcells quits try'n to revive the dead, and do what your suppose to do, use your fresh hungry talent, instead of these try'n to take their last shot at it quy's, we will all remain frustrated, and personally, I don't think it will ever happen with Parcells. Again Parcells is a has been, and should hang it up. You wanna get me fired up, go after Gruden!

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller
Originally posted by strawberry66
Originally posted by RAMbone

Some of you people need to realize that Romo is no more mobile than Bledsoe. He also played alot against players who got cut after preseason. Romo has potential but needs to get in the games when the boys are winning pretty handily. That is how you groom a QB. You don't just throw them out there. Romo would have been sacked just as many times as Bledsoe did today. The Eagles Defense just did what alot of teams will start doing against the Cowboys on a weekly basis. Maybe the cowboys need to go to shotgun to let Bledsoe have a better advantage. Romo isn't the answer just yet. Maybe next season if he gets SOME work this year.

Romo ran a 4.9 in his combine. Not bad and probably faster now. I garuntee Drew can not run a 4.9.

Funny thing is Drew Bledsoe ran a 4.7 at his combine

and that was in 1970 what?

Drew Bledsoe didnt lose this game all by himself,but i place the majority of the blame on his shoulders i agree its time to go to romo they did that in New England with a very low draft pick name Tom Brady not to say Romo is that good but he is mobile and philly just gave the blueprint to 31 others teams in the league how to beat dallas also dallas needs to do a better job of getting the ball to T.O. on slants so he can take the ball and run after the catch.O-line horrible,And i was disgusted by Roy Williams game

After calming down and actually THINKING about what happened, I cannot blame this loss on Bledsoe.

He didn't stand a chance with that pressure in his face all afternoon. The Cowboys had great success running the football, but abandoned the run in the 4th quarter.

Several 5 wide sets were called throughout the game, with the defense keying on Bledsoe all the way.

1. 5 Turnovers. Nuff said.

2. Bonehead decisions (are ya'll sure that wasn't Danny White playing QB for Dallas?) I believe somebody may have had their bell rung on head-first TD run/slide.

3. O-line couldn't play "red-rover-red-rover let a girl scout come over" and keep them off Bledsoe.

I don't understand why "Big Bill" continues to say Drew can "make all the throws", he may have been able to years ago, but he can't now. I understand the pressure and the line not doing it's job, but I'm getting sick of watching him throw the ball off his back foot to the other team. The second interception was on him and him alone, no pressure, Owens beat the defense and Bledsoe could not get him the ball. That was the biggest play of this game.

I'm finished with Drew Bledsoe...swallow your pride and make the change, Bill. No one can convince me that Bledsoe gives this team it's best chance to win. I give this team a better chance to win watching from home.

I feel better now getting that off of my chest. Thank you to Smoaky for creating something like this for Monday (or in my case Tues.) Morning QB's can show their worth (or lack there of).

Guest texpal22
Originally posted by ramsn03

Poor Roy had a tough week his Sooners get beat then the Cowboys lose.

i'm glad his Sooners got beat

Two things I want to bring up:

1- Parcells is just as much to blame as Bledsoe is. You've never seen Parcells give Bledsoe "the stare" that is so dreaded, and you've never heard him criticize Bledsoe for things that he does wrong (Which have been more frequent this season so far).... Parcells has been horrible at play-calling in big situations (Need I bring up the 4th and 1 pass play with only 1 eligible man going out for a pass Sunday?)....

2- Parcells is crippling this teams future.... What are we going to do in 2 years when Bledsoe and Parcells are both gone? We'll have not a single QB with meaningful game experience because Parcells won't play him.... Parcells should either get on board with what's best for THIS TEAM and not for himself.... Bledsoe is not a Super Bowl winning QB, so I don't see the harm in letting this team go with Romo.... Trent Dilfer managed the games well enough for Baltimore to win a Super Bowl, and even then they beat a team with another average QB in Kerry Collins.... Had anyone heard of Kurt Warner before they went to the Super Bowl? Brad Johnson won one.... Hmm, seems to me that you can get there with a relatively new QB, and NONE of those other guys but Warner had the supporting cast that Romo would have.... JJ, Barber, T.O., Glenn, Witten, Crayton, Fasano....

IN OTHER WORDS, JUST GIVE TONY THE DAMN BALL!!!

Originally posted by GTownDesperado

Two things I want to bring up:

1- Parcells is just as much to blame as Bledsoe is. You've never seen Parcells give Bledsoe "the stare" that is so dreaded, and you've never heard him criticize Bledsoe for things that he does wrong (Which have been more frequent this season so far).... Parcells has been horrible at play-calling in big situations (Need I bring up the 4th and 1 pass play with only 1 eligible man going out for a pass Sunday?)....

2- Parcells is crippling this teams future.... What are we going to do in 2 years when Bledsoe and Parcells are both gone? We'll have not a single QB with meaningful game experience because Parcells won't play him.... Parcells should either get on board with what's best for THIS TEAM and not for himself.... Bledsoe is not a Super Bowl winning QB, so I don't see the harm in letting this team go with Romo.... Trent Dilfer managed the games well enough for Baltimore to win a Super Bowl, and even then they beat a team with another average QB in Kerry Collins.... Had anyone heard of Kurt Warner before they went to the Super Bowl? Brad Johnson won one.... Hmm, seems to me that you can get there with a relatively new QB, and NONE of those other guys but Warner had the supporting cast that Romo would have.... JJ, Barber, T.O., Glenn, Witten, Crayton, Fasano....

IN OTHER WORDS, JUST GIVE TONY THE DAMN BALL!!!

First off if you've never seen Bledsoe get the Parcells stare your not paying enough attention because he gets it plenty. I can remember and instance specifically in training camp where he called Bledsoe out in front of everyone. Just because your not seeing it does not mean it does not happen.

Out of all of the QBs you mentioned you don't think Bledsoe can manage the game as good as they did? Aside from their Superbowl Year Kerry Collins and Trent Dilfer weren't exactly lauded for their ball security. Matter of fact Kerry Collins not protecting the ball is what cost the Giants in their Superbowl. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer also had all world defense's to help them out.

I'm not saying eventually it won't be time to go to Romo. However, if you guys that are calling for him now think that he is going to come in and protect the ball and manage the game better, you are sadly mistaken. If anything he will be more prone to turnovers than Bledsoe. I mean the guy has been compared to the Brett Farve Style of Gunslinging. You think he is not going to turn the ball over doing that? Look at his first pass to Hurd.

And to say that BP is crippling the Cowboys future is a little extreme. He has brought in a boatload of young talent since he came to Dallas. And lets not forget some of his time was wasted on trying to groom the Q factor who decided drugs were more important than Football. That was suppose to be the QB of the future...

Originally posted by EastTexaninHawaii

And oh by the way being mobile doesn't mean you can avoid pressure the most mobile QB in the league got sacked 7 times last week.....:hmmm:

But he was sacked running away from pressure. Not standing in cement.

if blesoe screws up and loses 2 straight division games then he needs to be benched. letting romo play if they lose this week really cant hurt, give the guy a chance to develope before they play anymore divisional games. i have to balieve that romo with some game experience will give us a better chance than bledsoe does. just pamper him like the steelers did to big ben. look how that turned out.

Originally posted by Canesfan1

if blesoe screws up and loses 2 straight division games then he needs to be benched. letting romo play if they lose this week really cant hurt, give the guy a chance to develope before they play anymore divisional games. i have to balieve that romo with some game experience will give us a better chance than bledsoe does. just pamper him like the steelers did to big ben. look how that turned out.

the difference is that the Steelers had a better OL, a more consistent running game, Yes I know Jones is leading league in yards per game but just like last sunday he was hit behind the line 10 times. Their run game is a feast or famine deal right now. Also Pitt had a better Defense when Big Ben first started. Dallas's D right now has shown it can stop bad teams, and it has shown agianst good teams that it can stop them some of the time, but the defense IMO has yet to show it can make the game changing type of stop needed in big games.

Also Ben was a first round pick..Romo was not, and I KNOW people will point to Tom Brady, but that does not happen much. I like how John Clayton put it on ESPN Radio when asked about Romo...He was undrafted for a reason.

I have no problem with Romo getting a shot at being the future, but if he starts this year for any other reason than Drew being injured it means the season is over.

He is not going to come in and manage the game better, or protect the ball better. He will have as many if not more turnovers.

And as stated before being more mobile than Drew does not make him a scrambler, I think that aspect of his game has become VASTLY overrated.

if the line is so bad then having bledsoe back there during the playoffs against teams like the bears, eagles, panthers and falcons gives us no shot. we found out against phili and jax that when he gets pressure in his face he is going to screw up. we have no shot at the superbowl with him at quarterback with the defences that the NFC brings to the table. we at least need to see if romo has the capability of a starting quarter back, or can be the quarterback of the future. if he is then great, but if he is not and we wait till next year to find out we just got set back atleast 2 more years. if we try him out now and he fails we have a chance to draft a good quarterback to develope next season instead of drafting one in '08, we would be a year behind. even if romo screws up horribly this year you can still put bledsoe back in and salvage the season. we can make the playoffs with bledsoe i have no doubt about that. but there is no chance we will advance with him at quarterback.

I agree and Parcells knows that...And Canes, name me one QB that doesn't screw up when he gets pressure? Come on man why not put it on the offensive line to do there job better. I don't know that this team can make a Superbowl with the inconsistency they show as a team not just Drew's. But, I do know that he has led a team to the promised land once in his career. I know it was a long time ago but at least he knows what it takes. If two things can get better then we will be just fine going with Bledsoe, and these are the same things mentioned before the season began. 1) The O-Line has to keep him upright more often than not. 2) Drew has make ball security a number 1 priority. If they can do those things at an above average clip they should have a good shot a doing something.

I keep hearing Dallas might be a play-off team, but there is no way they make the SB...How do we know? Lets look at the top teams in the NFC

Chicago..Yes they won but man Grossman looked like crud, I still think while they are the best team in the NFC, they are by no means perfect.

New Orleans: They are looking more and more like Dallas the first year under Parcells...They find a way to win, but I still would not say they are dominant

Carolina Steve Smith makes them a different team, but he is a hamstring away from being gone again

St.Louis: IMO the darkhorse team to watch, they have played well and just had a tough one against Seattle

Seattle keeps winning, but still is not hitting on all cylindars

Philly: big win agianst Dallas then lose to Saints, Defense is good IF they get pressure, if not the secondary can be exposed. McNabb has started off amazing, but if they cant keep Westbrook healthy it will be harder

Giants: a Hot/Cold team can they find the ability to play top notch week in and week out

Atlanta: Started hot, but injuries and lack of passing game is killing them

Now of those teams, which one TRULY scares you? Chicago might be that team, but a rookie QB had alot of success agianst them...Every other team has a GLARING issue that could hurt them

My point in all this is that Dallas is no worse, or no better they have moments when the offense cant be stopped, and they have moments they look terrible..one thing as bad as Bledsoe as supposedly been they are 5th in the NFL in scoringand their lowest output was 17. IMO the defense is just as much or more of a concern for the Boys, because look how the Bears were able to force the TO's that led to the comeback win. Dallas has yet to show they can slow down a good offensefor an ENTIRE game.

BUT..The Boys have just as much a shot as the other teams in the topsy turvy NFC and THAT is why IMO Bledsoe should be the guy until he is hurt or they are out of it.

He HAS won big games in the past, but he has to have the protection and until the Philly game the O-line had done a decent job.