Alba-Golden vs Quitman

truthhurts

Originally posted by jackuup8

its just by the way they have been playing... and the weakness of the dist... Quitman and Winnsboro are the only solid ones to me right now, and grand saline played a great game with Mabank I think and it ended in a tie... But i believe Alba could slip up on GS... Especially at the Skill position Alba has the better players than GS... To me right now them and GS are gonna battle it out for 3rd...

Who have they played???...Nobody. GS would beat teams like cumby and cross roads by 50+. Also the GS tailback is much better than the kid from grace who put up 200+ yards at AG, and has a better O-Line. Now, I see alba beating como if they can make it through the next three weeks healthy. i think they finish 3-7 which is an improvement, but to say at this point that they'll be in the playoffs come mid-november :wacko::wacko:.... but who knows, i guess we'll find out next month.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen them both play this year... there running back is by far better. the Qb is better in my opinion it could go either way, and their main receiver is better than any GS receiver... so the skill players are better... THE LINE DEFINTELY GOES TO GS... albas line is horrible but are getting better every week.

I am divided on this one. I would like to see AG win but would also like to see Quitman win this game and their other 3 to set up a very meaningful game the last week of the season between them and Winnsboro in Winnsboro.

Going out on a limb and say just maybe, AG pulls the upset.

Good luck to both teams.

All I am saying or better yet, typing, is Quitman really that good this year or have they really not played a very strong schedule. Not saying that they are not good because I have not seen them play, just wondering. Do not mean to stir the pot.

The old saying is true: " on any given Friday night anything can happen and usually does."

Who knows even Winnsboro could be upset by GS Friday night? After all, it is FRIDAY THE 13TH.

Good luck to both teams.

To answer your question BigRedFan:

Quitman is much better than the previous year.....not so sure its a talent curve as much as it is a pride thing this year. (i.e. same kids different attitude)

I simply chalk a win on Alba because I have friends that read the board from their......its just friendly trash talk....

I believe that Winnsboro may be under-rated in Region 2.....but definitely could not hang with the likes of Tatum, Jefferson, New Boston, or even Hooks and Paul Pewitt.

Lastly to compare Winnsboro to the likes of 2001 is crazy.....that team in 2A would have easily won state......I remember the stomping I received from them that year. 60 to 3 with Gary Jones and Adam Agguire running rampid on us. (To top that off I broke my wrist)

i dont think the gap has really closed all that much redraider85. i mean quitman is beating schools like mineola and cooper by the likes 30+, while alba struggles with grace, and rivercrest. This quitman team is much better than last year, judging only by the scores being put up each week.

I'm taking Quitman by about as much as they want, Alba will get a few touchdowns if Ryan Young can get loose.

this years team is much better... the had 6 or 7 starters on each side of the ball back... and almost all of those kids were sophomores last year and are just juniors now... so they are just more experienced, and the talent was there it was just not developed yet last year...

Originally posted by thewall

Quitman is much better than the previous year.....not so sure its a talent curve as much as it is a pride thing this year. (i.e. same kids different attitude)

I simply chalk a win on Alba because I have friends that read the board from their......its just friendly trash talk....

I believe that Winnsboro may be under-rated in Region 2.....but definitely could not hang with the likes of Tatum, Jefferson, New Boston, or even Hooks and Paul Pewitt.

Lastly to compare Winnsboro to the likes of 2001 is crazy.....that team in 2A would have easily won state......I remember the stomping I received from them that year. 60 to 3 with Gary Jones and Adam Agguire running rampid on us. (To top that off I broke my wrist)

As far as Winnsboro easily winning state in 2A, CELINA might have had something to say about that.

Didn't Quitman get a great running back transfer last year who was hurt in mid-season last year and is now back and healthy??

Quitman 45 - AG 14 AG has decent skill position players but the o-line and d-line are weak spots. To build good interior line play is going to take time. Still if they can get to 3 wins this year that has to be considered a positive after what they've done in the past few years.

I remember that team well also. What they could have done the next year if Roderick Carter could have played with what they had coming back. Do you remember Taylor Huffman and others on the team. Taylor's sisters were and are good athletes. What has happened to the Jones brothers?

I did not mean to imply that this years team was as good, just trying to say that this years' team has some talent which has been lacking in years past.

Originally posted by Incredi-Bull

Quitman 45 - AG 14 AG has decent skill position players but the o-line and d-line are weak spots. To build good interior line play is going to take time. Still if they can get to 3 wins this year that has to be considered a positive after what they've done in the past few years.

Bull...don't you mean that the 2 wins they already have are to be considered a positive after what they've done the past few years?

2002,2003,2004,2005- 0-40

2006- 2-3

I consider it a positive.

Originally posted by BigRedFan

I remember that team well also. What they could have done the next year if Roderick Carter could have played with what they had coming back. Do you remember Taylor Huffman and others on the team. Taylor's sisters were and are good athletes. What has happened to the Jones brothers?

I did not mean to imply that this years team was as good, just trying to say that this years' team has some talent which has been lacking in years past.

im pretty sure that every team could say that...

Originally posted by RedRaider85

Bull...don't you mean that the 2 wins they already have are to be considered a positive after what they've done the past few years?

2006- 2-3

Sure, there is a major positive in winning a few ball games.

But.........

District games are pretty much all that count, everybody is 0-0 starting friday. If you want to talk about getting in the playoffs, which i've heard more than once on this post, then district games are where major improvements must made. If AG is within a few touchdowns when the 4th quarter rolls around against teams like quitman or grand saline.....this would be more of a positive than beating cross roads or cumby......

Originally posted by rosenblatt3
Originally posted by RedRaider85

2006- 2-3

Sure, there is a major positive in winning a few ball games.

But.........

District games are pretty much all that count, everybody is 0-0 starting friday. If you want to talk about getting in the playoffs, which i've heard more than once on this post, then district games are where major improvements must made. If AG is within a few touchdowns when the 4th quarter rolls around against teams like quitman or grand saline.....this would be more of a positive than beating cross roads or cumby......

Re-read the comment, Rosie. And don't change the rules in the middle of the season. i.e. dont say that the non-district games don't count. I guarantee it counts to that community and to those kids down there working their butts off to improve. AG didn't come into this season expecting to win district or even a district game. They wanted to win A GAME. The comment RedRaider made was that it is a positive from last year, or the 3 before it. Then you want to find a way take away or belittle something that is defintely a postive. Whether its' Cumby, Cross Roads or Sand Flat Middle School....the kids have improved and they have two wins. That might not mean much to a Quitman or a Grand Saline or a Winnsboro but it means alot to a team that is labeled and ridiculed on this forum.