Alba-Golden vs Quitman

truthhurts

looks like the only one getting ridiculed is me.......seems like every time i give MY OPINION on things, everyone jumps down my throat, because i dont sugar-coat everthing or im not totally on the AG bandwagon. Gimme a break people...... Its all "AG should get in the playoffs this year or their gonna beat GS or Quitman", then when i come in and say it will be a positive if they can simply play close to these teams, you jump in and get P-O'ed. Telling me they didnt even plan to win a district game, they just wanted ONE WIN all year.

I'm just calling it how i see it, or going from what i hear. Thats how i form my opinion on things, and i have never said the kids are working their tails off to improve......but if AG plays close to Quitman, your prolly gonna say how they're ten times better than last year.. but if Quitman wins by 50 then its gonna be..."well, they never really expected to win this game anyway". If i'm not right after this season, then i'll say, hey, looks like i was wrong all along about this team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rosenblatt3

looks like the only one getting ridiculed is me.......seems like every time i give MY OPINION on things, everyone jumps down my throat, because i dont sugar-coat everthing or im not totally on the AG bandwagon. Gimme a break people...... Its all "AG should get in the playoffs this year or their gonna beat GS or Quitman", then when i come in and say it will be a positive if they can simply play close to these teams, you jump in and get P-O'ed. Telling me they didnt even plan to win a districtt game, they just wanted ONE WIN all year.

I'm just calling it how i see it, or going from what i hear. Thats how i form my opinion on things, and i have never said the kids are working their tails off to improve......but if AG plays close to Quitman, your prolly gonna say how they're ten times better than last year.. but if Quitman wins by 50 then its gonna be..."well, they never really expected to win this game anyway". If i'm not right after this season, then i'll say, hey, looks like i was wrong all along about this team.

I quoted myself and brought back an old thread from August were I said Alba-Golden would win 4 games it was not sugar coating anything just an educated guess. You posted one on a thread about the same time were you didn't give them a chance to win a game much less a district game. Now they have won two games and should win one district game if not two and you are still hell bent on not giving them there do or god forbid if you were to write that frye has done a great job so far with a team that has not won a game in **4 YEARS** this is the problem that everyone is having with you, you have a grudge for some reason and it comes across smelling like a skunk.

i dont think the gap has really closed all that much (between alba and quitman)--

But.........District games are pretty much all that count--

that stuff may fit right in at a place like Lee, not at Alba--

i'm not sure if frye is really a good fit for AG--

its gonna be the same every year..... they will play close until district, but after that everything is gonna be "just like last year".

Robenblatt, quotes like these are why people jump on your case. If you are going to sit here and ridicule the team that everyone here supports, expect a few comebacks. Don't be suprised and start whining " Everybody is picking on me." Did you not expect your OPINION to get fans riled up. Many who have kids involved in program. You are entitled to put whatever you want on here, just like everyone else, but the majority of us dont care to hear "how you see it." So, you go ahead "not sugar coating" things but we'll just keep "juminp down your throat."

if you dont care how i see things, then why do you seem to get so riled up every time i post something...... and yes i do expect people to respond to what i say, and i've also had alot of stuff deleted off of here....because of this "grudge" i seem to have against coach frye.

And i'm not gonna write on here that i think frye has done a good job because i DONT think he has done a good job. if he had done a good job, then you would already have your 4 wins.... i.e. you dont keep feeding your tailback, who hasnt been stopped all night, when the game is tied late in the fourth.....instead you throw pass after pass and end up giving the ball back with enough time for the other team (rivercrest) to score the game-winner.

sorry for the whining everyone :rofl::yay::rofl:

if you dont care how i see things, then why do you seem to get so riled up every time i post something...... and yes i do expect people to respond to what i say, and i've also had alot of stuff deleted off of here....because of this "grudge" i seem to have against coach frye.

And i'm not gonna write on here that i think frye has done a good job because i DONT think he has done a good job. if he had done a good job, then you would already have your 4 wins.... i.e. you dont keep feeding your tailback, who hasnt been stopped all night, when the game is tied late in the fourth.....instead you throw pass after pass and end up giving the ball back with enough time for the other team (rivercrest) to score the game-winner.

""""I THINK THAT SAYS IT ALL FOLKS""""

Rosenblatt3, If you don't like the man for what ever reason then just say so be a man about it, but don't get on here and act all educated and unbiased about a football team that is trying to turn itself around. Just say it's personal, so everyone on here will know your writings about Alba-Golden are poisoned. We all Know it anyway. Be a Man.

Originally posted by RedRaider85
Originally posted by Incredi-Bull

Quitman 45 - AG 14 AG has decent skill position players but the o-line and d-line are weak spots. To build good interior line play is going to take time. Still if they can get to 3 wins this year that has to be considered a positive after what they've done in the past few years.

Bull...don't you mean that the 2 wins they already have are to be considered a positive after what they've done the past few years?

2002,2003,2004,2005- 0-40

2006- 2-3

Actually, Raider, I mean that since they're already at 2 wins in their pre-district schedule, it would be kind of a disappointment to lose out and not get to at least 3. If they were 0-fer right now then 2 would be great.

poor poor rosie...

i'm going to ask what redraider asked...do you believe that a-g was better off the past 4 years then they are now?

*if you answer no...then you are contradicting yourself b/c you said above that frye hasnt done a good job.

( and dont use the excuse about how frye has better talent then phillips did b.c thats bull. the only reason QB Frye, Logan, Young, A.J., Bolden, Fraizer, Perchman, Hill, and Reeves are playing for A-G is because of frye.)

*if you answer yes...then you have no idea about what you are talking about...the record speaks for itself *0-40.*

frye took the blame for the lost against rivercrest...he made that clear to the players and to the fans. he made a mistake...and i for one will forgive any coach that stands up and admits and takes the blame for a lost. i havent seen that at alba in...well....ever.

i think the problem everyone is having with you it that you offer criticism, but it doesnt make any sense. for example, EVERYONE knows a-g has made some improvments...except for you. you seem to refuse to give a-g any ounce of credit. another example, a while back you posted "they'll win a few pre-season games and then everything will be "just like last year", that statement is so...pardon my choice of words...stupid! first off, the only reason there has been repetition at A-G is because they had the same coach for 7 years. and secondly, a-g hasnt won a pre-season game since 2002, so it couldnt possibly be "just like last year"

you dont give credit where credit is due...even if it is in the slightest form, and thats what is making people mad.

and for someone that has baseball 24/7 as their logo...you sure do spend alot of time complaing about A-G football....hmmm....doesnt make any sense to me.

Originally posted by 111

If the previous coach had the same kids as frye would his results be the same?

very good question 111....

and i would have to say no.

and here is my reason...

in 2001 coach phillips had better talent then frye does now.

he had haisten, simmions, bareara, sewell, knowles, parsons, walton, ballard, boyd, hathcock, neveraz, kerry, pope, eli (cant think of his last name) lineman) and jones. and they won...i believe( and please correct me if i'm wrong) 1 game?? maybe it was 2. with a team as talented as that...A-G should have gone to the playoffs.

AGP, thank you for your honest opinion. You obviously have been around thru it all....The Streak and also some talented teams.

If Phillips couldn't do it with talent, he just wasn't the right coach. And that in no way is a slam to Phillips. He is a good man.

Here's the thing about Rosenblatt.....he remains loyal to Phillips. Bottom line!! He cannot and will not support Frye and the new Alba-Golden football program based on his loyalty to a guy that simply got replaced. Football coaches get replaced all the time. It's part of sport. But why hate Frye for that? He has no anomosity towards the old coach. He applied for an OPEN POSITION. Be mad at Stewart and your buddies on the school board that you remain friends with...thats who replaced Phillips.

If the previous coach was still here, he would not have these kids, as good a guy as Phillips was and still is, it was time for a change. There is a lot of animosity and concern from lots of folks about this year in general, Coach Frye will prove himself one way or the other, lets see, but most of all give him and his ideas a chance.

Originally posted by 111

If the previous coach was still here, he would not have these kids, as good a guy as Phillips was and still is, it was time for a change. There is a lot of animosity and concern from lots of folks about this year in general, Coach Frye will prove himself one way or the other, lets see, but most of all give him and his ideas a chance.

Amen, Trip! But, rosenblatt can't let it go. His alliance won't let him.

Let me say this...Frye was a finalist in several 4A and 5A HC jobs. He chose to come here for several reasons.....the other jobs were a long drive from Tyler where his kids are from. His kids had roots here and he thought about his family. He took this job because it was close enough to home and to help rebuild a dying....no, dead program. If you think what he did was not daring.....ask this question. "If he continues to take the program in the same direction it was in, will his resume look good 3 years from now if he wants a 5A or 4A HC job?" And the answer is a definite NO. So he gambled, BIG TIME. Now if he can turn it around even enough to show vast improvement, he will pad his resume enough to not be just a finalist but the #1 man in a bigger school. Only time will tell which one will happen. But I see an upward trend. AND....this years team is loaded with juniors.

In my book, he is in the process of proving himself.

And rosenblatt, I am not talking playoffs and district championships like you think. I am simply referring to him improving the program.

alright everyone......so far i've given my opinion on things going on at AG this year, but i havent really considered how it affects people (mainly the athletes)... i know this is only a point-less message board, however what we say does get noticed by the athletes. I don't mean to offend them, but i'm sure i have so i'm just gonna stop worrying about this Alba-Golden situation... all they need to do is play football, and if they compete to the best of their ability then thats enough positive for me.. My life doesnt change one bit whether they go 2-10 or beat winnsboro and win district, i just enjoy stirring the pot alittle i guess......i'll just sit back and observe how it all progresses in the future. Glorysoftball might be right in some sense that there seems to be a grudge between me and frye, because everything i post about him is negative..... i mean i'm going to stand behind what i've said until i feel i've been proven wrong. Apparently he's doing something right so far to get the kids motivated.... I have no idea what happens in practice, all i know is what i see and observe ..... but Glory and others know facts about frye that i obviously dont have a clue about.

So, to the athletes, just compete for your school and the positives will be there in the end. hopefully every program at AG will be more improved after the year is over, because the kids deserve it.

And what i'm saying really doesnt mean jack, but i wanted to say it. so everyone who has taken notice to my comments and been offended, you can take this comment however you like .....

i'm out :smileybanger:

Originally posted by AGPanthers
Originally posted by 111

and here is my reason...

he had haisten, simmions, bareara, sewell, knowles, parsons, walton, ballard, boyd, hathcock, neveraz, kerry, pope, eli (cant think of his last name) lineman) and jones. and they won...i believe( and please correct me if i'm wrong) 1 game?? maybe it was 2. with a team as talented as that...A-G should have gone to the playoffs.

The offensive line was still terrible that year which makes any "talent" useless......

Originally posted by thewall
Originally posted by 111

and here is my reason...

The offensive line was still terrible that year which makes any "talent" useless......

the reason the offensive line was terrible was because they were being taught the wrong techiques. they didnt have coaches that knew how to build a line...

and too say that "any talent" is "useless"...is incorrect. as we all know ryan young has been doing amazing and scoring touchdowns every game...and the line is horrible. QB austin frye has been doing a solid job as quarterback....and the line is horrible. rethink your words wall. because that talent...is winning football games...

the problem with the line this year is that there isnt enough size. which wasnt the case in 2001. AG had some big strong boys...that were being coached horribly. this year the line has been improving every game...they arent big enough...but the techiques they are using is helping them do what they can. will the line hold up against quitmans or winnsboro...prob. not...but they are improving!

Rosie,

That may be your best post ever. Your opinion is exactly that...your opinion, however it may be. Not everyone is going to agree with it. And I think the buzz saw that condemns you every now and then is defending the kids. So thanks for your comments.

I take your comment as a truce although you stand by your opinion. Well said.

Originally posted by 111

and here is my reason...

the reason the offensive line was terrible was because they were being taught the wrong techiques. they didnt have coaches that knew how to build a line...

and too say that "any talent" is "useless"...is incorrect. as we all know ryan young has been doing amazing and scoring touchdowns every game...and the line is horrible. QB austin frye has been doing a solid job as quarterback....and the line is horrible. rethink your words wall. because that talent...is winning football games...

the problem with the line this year is that there isnt enough size. which wasnt the case in 2001. AG had some big strong boys...that were being coached horribly. this year the line has been improving every game...they arent big enough...but the techiques they are using is helping them do what they can. will the line hold up against quitmans or winnsboro...prob. not...but they are improving!

Here in lies the problem with Alba.......As stated above the kids want to blame the coaching for all the losses. The fans want to blame Phillips for everything and that this Frye guy is amazing.

Newsflash Alba.......heart prevails over any coaching....No matter who the coach is. If these so called "talented athletes" (all you named I know) are so good then why the losing season? Was the team not mature enough to play to their full ability without a coach holding there hand?

To often coaches receive the short end of the stick for having a lack of "coachable players."

Plays are ran the same on every team in the state........A sweep in Alba looks just like a sweep in Quitman. I wonder why some teams can execute and some can't.

AGPanthers.........when and if Alba ever beats a decent 2A team then you have the right to dispute the argument of where talent plays a role on a football team......

alright everyone......so far i've given my opinion on things going on at AG this year, but i havent really considered how it affects people (mainly the athletes)... i know this is only a point-less message board, however what we say does get noticed by the athletes. I don't mean to offend them, but i'm sure i have so i'm just gonna stop worrying about this Alba-Golden situation... all they need to do is play football, and if they compete to the best of their ability then thats enough positive for me.. My life doesnt change one bit whether they go 2-10 or beat winnsboro and win district, i just enjoy stirring the pot alittle i guess......i'll just sit back and observe how it all progresses in the future. Glorysoftball might be right in some sense that there seems to be a grudge between me and frye, because everything i post about him is negative..... i mean i'm going to stand behind what i've said until i feel i've been proven wrong. Apparently he's doing something right so far to get the kids motivated.... I have no idea what happens in practice, all i know is what i see and observe ..... but Glory and others know facts about frye that i obviously dont have a clue about.

So, to the athletes, just compete for your school and the positives will be there in the end. hopefully every program at AG will be more improved after the year is over, because the kids deserve it.

And what i'm saying really doesnt mean jack, but i wanted to say it. so everyone who has taken notice to my comments and been offended, you can take this comment however you like .....

i'm out :smileybanger:

I can respect that Rosenblatt3.

P.S. Good luck in Baseball.

Here in lies the problem with Alba.......As stated above the kids want to blame the coaching for all the losses. The fans want to blame Phillips for everything and that this Frye guy is amazing.

Newsflash Alba.......heart prevails over any coaching....No matter who the coach is. If these so called "talented athletes" (all you named I know) are so good then why the losing season? Was the team not mature enough to play to their full ability without a coach holding there hand?

To often coaches receive the short end of the stick for having a lack of "coachable players."

Plays are ran the same on every team in the state........A sweep in Alba looks just like a sweep in Quitman. I wonder why some teams can execute and some can't.

AGPanthers.........when and if Alba ever beats a decent 2A team then you have the right to dispute the argument of where talent plays a role on a football team......

"UNBELIEVABLE"

After all that has been written.:hmmm:

Glory is tired and needs a vacation.:wacko:

Wall,

So you are saying that a team really doesn't need good coaching to prevail. They can just go out there and take a district championship with talent and heart. I guess these kids can just teach themselves to block, tackle, stay conditioned and they can effectively put themselves in a position which will most benefit the team. This is what I inferred from your post, and if that's what you meant, that is the most ignorant statement about football I have ever heard. Maybe kids can make it on heart and talent alone when they are in junior high, when all the kids and their opponents are pretty much on a level field of football knowledge and technique. In varsity level sports it is going to be the team with the most effectively used talent that will win. Newsflash for you Wall, the kids that graduated in 2002 won a district championship in 8th grade, and the 2003-04 team won a district championship on the junior varsity level, and I would say that it was done with talent and heart. Also, a sweep in Quitman might consist of the running back carrying the ball correctly with good footwork, this kid is probably also in great football condition, and the guard pulling for him is also using great technique and is suprememly conditioned, and he makes his block with the right angle. Last year, that was not what the sweep looked like in Alba, not even close, but you should know that wall, seeing as you know the kids and program so well. The kids from Alba in the past have had poor techniques, terrible conditing, and the play calling was comical. Maybe you weren't seeing the same sweep as I was. But like you said, heart prevails over coaching. So I guess this whole program has had 10+ years of football players with no heart, that is a very bold statement.

Originally posted by 111

and here is my reason...

first off...i have the right to dispute ANYTHING i please on here

second off...are you accusing A-G players of having no heart? to put in bluntly...you dont know what you are talking about. i have seen boys out there on that field never give up...4 years of losing and never gave up. if that's not heart...what is it then wall...since you apparently know alllll about AG.

thirdly...I, IN PERSON, have sat and listen to a A-G faculty member tell students that it is THERE fault for the record and losing streak.

fourth...you dont want me to place all the blame on the coaches....YOU dont place blame on all the students.

fifth...your quotations around "talented athletes" must mean you did not believe any of those players were talented. Even though coy sewell went on to play for TJC, Clay Simmions went on to play at Austin College, Devon Hawthrone went on to play semi-pro, Hathcock moved to Mesquite North High School and was a starter for their varsity football team. NONE OF THESE KIDS HAD TALENT???

sixth...that same team i talked about...had skills...and those skills took them as far as winning district in Jr. High and JV...but when they got up into varsity...against the same teams they had played and BEAT in JV...they failed miserably...every....single....game. did their talent magically disappear? did they just stop playing ball when they got on varsity? No...they stopped being able to compete b/c talent will only get you so far. you have to have someone their to help you along the way....tell you what you are doing wrong, show you how to do it right...or as you put it..."holding their hand" i thought thats what coaches were for? to teach and show players how to play football....and how to play it well