best kicker

Boen was the manager, and was watching others trying to kick PAT's and told Coach Griffin that he could do better than anyone trying. He has played soccer at several levles and is very good, he began last year, and this summer went to the Baylor kicking camp. He has worked hard on leg strength and technic, as has hit several 50's in practice. The 42 yarder would have went through from 50 easily. He will excell at the D1 level .....even if he chooses OU.

After watching the Lufkin and Longview game I would have to say that Lufkin's Kicker is pretty good. I think that everyone of his kickoffs went deep into the inzone. I do not remember Longview bringing any out because by the time the ball was caught in the inzone the entire Lufkin team was already down there. He has a heck of a leg!!!!

Originally posted by metalmaniac18

Paul Meztner from whitehouse is no weakling, he has been able to kick at least 40 yds since he was a sophmore, and know that he is a senior he has been kicking even farther

An interesting aside is that Metzner has chased down several bad snaps and STILL made a decent punt. ;)

Originally posted by Medman7

After watching the Lufkin and Longview game I would have to say that Lufkin's Kicker is pretty good. I think that everyone of his kickoffs went deep into the inzone. I do not remember Longview bringing any out because by the time the ball was caught in the inzone the entire Lufkin team was already down there. He has a heck of a leg!!!!

I was standing on the sideline during this game and your are right about one thing, the Lufkin kicker can bang it. This kid is not only a good kicker he is huge. He did leave one kick short and Longview brought it up field only to fumble and Lufkin scored quickly...

I saw the Lufkin kid and he's great. I not going to say he's not the best. I have had college coaches tell me Will Middlebrooks of Liberty-Eylau is the best punter they've seen this year. He's great on kickoffs, too. I understand it means nothing, but in pregame I've seen him kick field goals from 63 yards. I say that just to point out how strong a leg he has. He's only attempted two field goals this year, a 42-yarder was blocked and he made a 40-yarder

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by pyrosmutti

Boen from Jefferson has been in the same situation as the Gilmer kicker...sometimes kicking the ball 20-30 times a game. That includes kickoffs, XPs, FGs, and punts. Hes only punted in probly three games. He's got to be the best Jefferson's ever had!

Don't forget Rocky Mauldin. In his day, the pre-soccer style era, there was no one better around.

Statistically, Jaime Fernandez in Lufkin is among the all-time state leaders---and he usually kicks it through the end zone, and that's a tremendous weapon.

Middlebrooks at LE does it all...

Longview's Zach Decker has a tremendous leg---and drilled a 46-yard field goal against Tyler Lee...

However, he seems to actually have more trouble with his shorter kicks...so he needs to work on consistency, but he has a cannon for a leg.

Smoaky

Sergio Garza from Carlisle kicked 4 field goals in the first half against Mt Enterprise two weeks ago. 32, 36,37. and 41 yards. Not a problem. Haven't seen him kick one out of the end zone yet, but he can get it to the goal line, and that is not bad for Class A ball. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by leopard

Last week L-E's Will Middlebrooks had punts of 58 and 52 yards. HIs season average is now 45.9. If there's a better punter I'd love to see him. In 2 district games he's 10 for 10 on PATs and 9 of 10 kickoffs through the end zone.

who's recruiting him?

Originally posted by BRAD
Originally posted by leopard

Last week L-E's Will Middlebrooks had punts of 58 and 52 yards. HIs season average is now 45.9. If there's a better punter I'd love to see him. In 2 district games he's 10 for 10 on PATs and 9 of 10 kickoffs through the end zone.

who's recruiting him?

Middlebrooks has been recruited by Texas A&M to play baseball. He was one of the big reasons why LE won the state championship in baseball last year. He's a good pitcher and an excellent shortstop and he was the best offensive player on the baseball team in my opinion.

I'm dissappointed that he won't be punting for some team next year. He is that good as a punter. Better than Jacob Skinner who now punts for Arkansas. Everytime Middlebrooks punts the opposing side of the field gasps. Plus he is the kicker and he has a leg for that as well. Needs to work on his accuracy though. He's also the QB. An all around GREAT athlete.