best kicker

Jon Holt from Sulphur Springs has done a tremendous job this year. He has been a bright spot on a tough season. He punts and kicks. He is pretty good at lobbing the ball where he wants it. He won the MP game with a 21 yard field goal in a very pressure packed situation!!!!

Great trivia question for Liberty-Eylau fans. You could look back on this season in a few years and someone will ask who had the 69-yard punt for the Leopards against Wimberley? The obvious will be Will MIddlebrooks, but it was Josh Hendershot playing in his place after he was hurt.

Hendershot is a senior, too. That 69-yarder rolled a little, but he also had a strong wind at his back. We were teasing before that game started that Middlebrooks might get off an 80-yarder that night, but he never got to kick with the wind. He had a 35-yarder straight into the wind before he got hurt.

The guy that supposedly averages 60 yards. That would be a world record. I've checked the high school record book and nobody has ever come close to averaging 60 yards. My apology to Josh Hendershott, I was looking at a roster that said he was a senior and spelled his name with only one T.