Alto Vs Oakwood

Realdeal07

If Alto's coaches don't play their second string the whole game against Oakwood, then they don't have very much character in my opinion. Cause it will be a pretty close game till the kickoff no matter what players are out on the field.

Here goes...."sniff...sniff" used my deoderant yesterday...hope someone posts after me....children...children...children....let's be "civil" here...Alto did not run up the score...remember they fumbled 3-4 times could have been much worse....As to Character??...Who does not have character?...players?...coaches?...administration?...who?....I thought from the recap of the game that Alto was considerate of the Hunnington group....I have seen Alto beat them (Hunnington) unmercifully back in the 80's...when Hunnington first started playing football....On Oakwood....not the same team they use to have say 6-7 yrs ago....But they DO NOT QUIT PLAYING......From reading the line score when they played Grace Prep.....they had some unfortunate fumbles and interceptions....Alto will play......They have to get ready for Gooserboy's Sandies....

Sounds like gooserboy is building up those Sandies to put up one heck of a fight against those Jackets. It should be a VERY GOOD GAME and will most likely be the THE district game for them. Alto's 2nd string has diffinately seen a lot of field time and have done their share of scoring for the team. With the kind of field time they have seen it should only build them up to play a much stronger buckup role.

Oakwood will most likely play as hard as they can. It is hard to be one of the smaller 1-A teams playing against one of the bigger 1-A teams. Best of luck to them at the game.

I must say that I think this game will have a very wide point spread in Alto's favor.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

High School Football Fan!!!!:zorro:

It is hard for a kid not to run hard or catch the ball. The coach may not be trying to score but it happens. I have been at schools where we just tried to work on things that we needed to work on. Stuff we couldnt do in practice and scored. Coach Garner is a good man and I dont believe he would run the score up. Lets just hope Oakwood comes away with out injury and can finish the season.

Coach Garner in the past has got his first teamers through the first half and usually one series in the third best I remember when he was in Centerville. That was back in 2002 and 2003 when the tigers had speed. You have to work on certain things and allow the starters to play for at least a half I would think just to keep them consistant. He wouldn't intentionally run up the score but it's going to be hard not to put up 50 by the half. The second string or sub-varsity can also score. It may be 80-0. You can also do things to help the situation if both teams agree. We have called games before where the clock didn't stop running in the second half. That was also when Coach Garner was in Centerville.

Originally posted by Ripper

If Alto's coaches don't play their second string the whole game against Oakwood, then they don't have very much character in my opinion. Cause it will be a pretty close game till the kickoff no matter what players are out on the field.

I disagree completely! Alto has a big game next week. There first string needs some reps 2nite not to mention, they have practiced hard all week and they deserve to get to play football. It would be better to just let the clock run or something like that but don't punish the 1 string for scoring points. I understand the Head Coach has been allowing the clock to run and has some of 1st and 2nd string playing in different positions.

Sounds like the "gooserboy86" is a hater of a very talented team and maybe a little scared for his group of boys to meet with the Jackets on the 20th. I agree with Bamaboy, TBone05, and ShakeTiller. Coach Gardner is a very respected coach that is passionate for the game, has special regards towards his opponents, and a genuine love for his team! What school could ask for anything more?! Gotta love it!

Originally posted by Ripper

what planet are you from?