Grand Saline, Quitman softball district

jackuup8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

youll learn quickly in this dist for softball it takes more than 1 player... Alba Golden had 2 D1 softball players on their team for 4 years and they only went to the playoffs once and that was when those girls were freshman... Those two girls play for Louisiana Tech and Sam Houston State...

• 2 weeks later...

AG!!! YEah they lost 3 or 4 main players.. 2nd short pitcher and somewhere else.. they have not chance.. quitman lost mainly pitcher catcher and short.. but from what i seen they have backup unlike AG!! GS ... lost pitcher.. yeah that hurts them and heard their catcher wasn't even playing this year.. that could really hurt them!!

But for the new comers....WINNSBORO!! yeah they have a really good pitcher and they have came into a new distict so i think the battle will be between quitman and WINNSBORO!!!;)

• 1 month later...

Winnsboro will be lucky to get third in softball... Edgewood will beat them twice, Quitman will beat them twice (just like they have been for the past 4 years)... Yea so you have a pitcher Winnsboro, Alba had one for 4 years and had no defense look where that got em... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE!!!

jackuup8, as usual when your're talking about Winnsboro/Quitman you make up most of it. Winnsboro and Quitman played one regular season non-district game in 2005 and Quitman won 3-2. That was the first game they played against each other since the late 90's and they did not play in 2006. Update your info!

haha update your info they have been playing 2 times a year since 2004 season... Quitman winning all the games. Im not for Quitman in every situation, but Coach Webber is a respected coach and it doesnt matter who he has on the field they are ready for every opponent every game. I give WInnsboro their due all the time, go to football posts and Girls Basketball posts i give it to them. So go read posts

Originally posted by HsSb

jackuup8, as usual when your're talking about Winnsboro/Quitman you make up most of it. Winnsboro and Quitman played one regular season non-district game in 2005 and Quitman won 3-2. That was the first game they played against each other since the late 90's and they did not play in 2006. Update your info!

Please enlighten me on some of the things I have made up and if you can prove me wrong I would be more than happy to take a back a statement... Most of the statements made by me on Quitman/Winnsboro are predictions which are based on opinions, which techinically are made up. I have never seen a prediction that wasnt made up have you?

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure whos said the Grand Saline Catcher wasn't playing but I am the Catcher my name is Cheyenne Snow and there has never been a time when I said I wasn't going to play HS ball maybe I wasn't sure about if I wanted to play in College..... but I am Catching this year and its going to be a good year!!!!!

and our first baseman is still playing shes a senior this year we well have 3 seniors (Catcher, left field, 1st) we lost our pitcher... and our 3rd base... we have 2 pitchers and a lot of good competitive freshman that are stepping up it'll be a good year if we stick together we are missing nikki a lot though

Originally posted by darktower

Quitman will win this district due to the outstanding Coaching of the softball guru himself-Shane Webber

Knowing Coach Webber as I do I can not believe that he could be considered a GURU. He just rode the coat tails of good talent and the tutoring of his mentor baseball coach Todd Shackelford. Who so graciously took him under his wing the first couple of years he was in Quitman. Quitman will have to play above their heads to win district with the likes of Edgewood, Grand Saline, Winnsboro in the same district. All those coaches are tons better coaches than Webber. He is just a squirrel trying to get a nut

Paul Trent has more success in 3 years than most of these coaches have had in their entire career.....Coach Trent is the best Coach in this district that Weber isnt good enough to carry his lineup card....not really Dissing Weber but cmon just look at the halls of Grand Saline and take a look at how many playoff appearances and Regional Tournaments they have been to....so Weber has gotten his but still not a Coach Trent no way no how.