Grand Saline, Quitman softball district

jackuup8

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches are maybe 10%-20% of the success of a HS team. The team goes nowhere without good players. It is more likely a coach hurts a team if they have any great impact, but I think most coaches do well enough to keep teams competitive. The difference is the leadership provided by key players on the team that will get a team far. If the coach allows that leadership to develope, then their team will be successful.

Originally posted by crossfire1407

Paul Trent has more success in 3 years than most of these coaches have had in their entire career.....Coach Trent is the best Coach in this district that Weber isnt good enough to carry his lineup card....not really Dissing Weber but cmon just look at the halls of Grand Saline and take a look at how many playoff appearances and Regional Tournaments they have been to....so Weber has gotten his but still not a Coach Trent no way no how.

It appears to me on your post you did say 3 years. Coach Weber has had a good run and can he continue? That will have to be decided on the field. Over the years maybe Grand Saline has more Bling, Bling but not over the last 3 years.

Well I know for a fact that Coach Trent and the Grand Saline Lady Indians have only missed Playoffs once in the last 14 years. He has been to the State finals twice and I think he will go back again. Coach Trent is one of the best coaches around. He knows what he is doing and he knows his girls... Good Luck to Coach Trent and the Lady Indians

Coach Webber has had 2 good years and I see him improving in his coaching ability every year. Now he has lost his all state pitcher and couple of other really good players. We will see how good a coach he is in the next couple of months. Lets see if he can evaluate his freshman and put a strong team on the field. I personaly know a couple of the freshman coming up and they are very talented. I hope the bulldogs have another great year.

Coach Trent has had a lot of talent come his way to help him with his success. Trent is really good at evaluating talent and putting his best nine on the field (Although some parents may disagree). Very seldom is his team not ready on game day. Now, Coach Trent has lost his all state pitcher and outstanding offensive player as well and an all state third baseman/leadoff hitter. He has 3 seniors returning that have been really good. But I don't think he is going to have the talent that Quitman is going to have. It will be an interesting year in this district. I can't wait.

I think its going to be a good race between Quitman, Edgewood and Grand Saline. GS may have lost their pitcher and 3rd base...but they have 2 good pitchers ready for this year. And they have a lot of talent coming up with the freshman as well.

Last year Quitman won district and Grand Saline finished 2nd, both went out at the third round. They split games in district play.

2005 Quitman finished third in district but went all the way to Regional finals. Grand Saline finished 2nd went to the third round. Grand Saline won both times during the season.

2004 Quitman did not make to the playoffs. Grand Saline won but went out 2nd round.

Since Quitman has been in this district they have only been to the play-offs twice. I'm not sure but I think 2005 was the first year they ever went to the play-offs

That would be correct Fastpitchfan. 2005 was the first year for Quitman to make it to the playoffs and they almost made it all the way to state but were beat out by the 2005 State Champions Elysian Fields by 1 point (a 1-0 score). 2006 they were once again put out of the playoffs by Elysian Fields. This should be an interesting season for Quitman.

Well to help you on that Grand Saline has a much better record over quitman........ and the only reason they went further than GS in 2005 is cuz GS meet up with Elysian Fields a round earlier...... and actually Jackuup8 GS went futher and have had a better record and the only reason they went to playoffs was because of jenny and as for the new pitcher in quitman Gs teed off on her in Wills Point so hope they have more weapons than that

AG beat Rains/Emory both times and lost to Gladewater 5-3 they play Ore City Monday. Their team is made up mostly of underclassmen but they might surprise some teams. Some players to watch is:

Sophs: Courtney Johnson (she has a very strong bat)

Jrs: Lori Hastings and Amanda Windle

I have heard some very good things about these girls.

I think new team, new coach go get them Lady Panthers