Best Player in East Texas?

DarkSide5

I gotta be a homer and go with Shivers from Whouse, he is an impact player no matter what position or what sport. He excels on offense and defense in football. Is the basketball team's leading scorer, and could excel at most any sport if he wanted . He is also the most humble and coachable kid that any coach could ever ask for.

Originally posted by DarkSide5
Originally posted by Ondablock32

Im saying Jermie Calhoun from van.. did you see that run friday!! and hes only a junior

Broke just about 11 tackles in one run!! lol

it was 8 tackles get it right GOSH!!!! lol i do agree with you on that pick tho...that kid is impressive

Originally posted by hornedtrojan

Chris Davis of Troup...Very impressive

runs hard yes but too slow in my opinion to be on this list, although yes his yards are fabulous on paper...he gets the ball about 40 times a game....give Creer or Calhoun the ball that much in a game an turn em' loose (i would include Sturns but he already gets the ball that much tho)

Could be a homer and go with Curtis Brown of Gilmer. And make no mistake, he is an outstanding player and one of the best I've seen. And after watching GJ Kinne for a whole season, it would be hard to argue with him, either. He will play for Baylor.

But, I saw Ryan Mallet this year, and I think he would have to be the #1 player in ET. He has got all the tools to play on Sunday. Curtis Brown might also, but I think one day ten years from now we might be saying, "I saw Ryan Mallet play high school football."

Mallet 07, Calhoun '08

C. Brown is the best athlete in this area since DeBryan Blanton left Forney, but i don't think he has the upside of mallet! Calhoun is the best rb in the state, including the seniors. I have seen Calhoun, Mallet, the gilmer bunch, creer and sturns in person.

Guest TtownEagle803

Theres a bunch that should get recognized

5A - WR Dez Bryant-Lufkin, RB Hunter-JT

4A - QB Ryan Mallett-Texas High, QB Snead-Marshall

3A - WR/DB Curtis Brown-Gilmer, QB GJ Kinne-Gilmer, RB Justin Johnson-Gilmer, RB Calhoun-Van, QB Gilbert Moye-Diboll, QB Justin Sturns-Rusk

2A - RB Lennon Creer-Tatum, WR/DB/KR/PR Darnius Moore-Tatum, RB Chris Davis-Troup, Alex Bowman-Lone Oak

1A- TJ Adams-Beckville

But if I had to pick a top 3....

1. Ryan Mallett

2. Curtis Brown

3. Lennon Creer