Favorite to win Region II and III???

eagleview

Region II

Girls:

Team: 1. Eustace, 2.Wills Point, 3. Ferris 4. Kaufman

Individual: 1. Catherine Loden (White Oak), 2. Meredith Blocker (Mineola), 3. Candace Ramos (Kaufman), Rachel Aubert (Wills Point)

Boys:

Team: 1. Pleasant Grove, Atlanta, Eustace, Wills Point, Princeton. (This will be a good race for first 3 spots)

Individual: 1. Will Barry (P.G.), 2. Kurt Lindsey (W.O.) 3. Jeff Chandler (Spring Hill)

Here are a couple of other names on the boys side who might factor in the individual medals; Mitchell Driver of Princeton and Marcos Rodriguez of Mineola.

From what I can find on Region III, Lufkin Hudson will be strong in both the boys and girls team competition.

This is all 3A; Sulphur Springs North Hopkins in 2A and McLeod in 1A are usually regional contenders.

Anybody out there following the other classes closely?

Originally posted by coachmom07

Region II

Girls:

Team: 1. Eustace, 2.Wills Point, 3. Ferris 4. Kaufman

Individual: 1. Catherine Loden (White Oak), 2. Meredith Blocker (Mineola), 3. Candace Ramos (Kaufman), Rachel Aubert (Wills Point)

Boys:

Team: 1. Pleasant Grove, Atlanta, Eustace, Wills Point, Princeton. (This will be a good race for first 3 spots)

Individual: 1. Will Barry (P.G.), 2. Kurt Lindsey (W.O.) 3. Jeff Chandler (Spring Hill)

I see it almost identically on the girls side other than i see Tanita Durnell of Eustace in the top 3. she is injured and doesnt return till monday. But she is and will be always strong.

On the guys side on the other hand. Team wise

1. WillsPoint 2. Eustace 3.Pleasant Grove/Princeton 4/5 Atlanta

Eustace would be my number 1 pick. But probably not due to the loss of 2 outstanding runners. One to injury and the other to stupidity. And the individual race looks to be tough. Cant wait to make the trip to arlington to watch this one play out

Originally posted by eagleview

Im not too sure that the Region II 3A team title is going to be very close actually!

In the girls I'll say 1st and 2nd will be 15-20 point difference

In the boys, it may even come to a tie breaker.

Assuming everyone is healthy and competes like they have all year of course.

Originally posted by Texashurdler

A team no one has apearantly thought about is Kaufman...i saw them today and they looked really good. They beat a good Eustace team. And beating Eustace is no easy task. Congrats to them and look for a possible 1-3 finish in region for Kaufman

wow thats impressive.. what were the individual places and times?

Originally posted by coachmom07

Kaufman has really improved. They will definately be in the hunt for a trip to Roundrock.

Well if they can beat the supposed 7th ranked Eustace then they are up for a regional championship...I see Eustace to beat Kaufman at Regionals but it will be close...eustace didnt run their best at district...let the pressure get to them. But i see Willspoint as the champion of the region now...and then either kaufman/princeton/atlanta/eustace...it is going to be a fight.

Lindsey and loden both rank very high in the state...LODEN WILL WIN unless there is an ungiven problem...and Lindsey is really close for the battle aswell...

Quite a bit of bias on this site so I'll participate as well ;)

Girls Teams for Region II 3A

Eustace

Celina

Wills Point, Kaufman, Pilot Point, Prosper....who knows

Boys Teams for Region II 3A

Kaufman

Wills Point

Princeton

Eustace

I don't know very much about Pleasant Grove or Atlanta

Originally posted by cookercc

Quite a bit of bias on this site so I'll participate as well ;)

Girls Teams for Region II 3A

Eustace

Celina

Wills Point, Kaufman, Pilot Point, Prosper....who knows

Boys Teams for Region II 3A

Kaufman

Wills Point

Princeton

Eustace

I don't know very much about Pleasant Grove or Atlanta

Willspoint is much better than both Eustace and Kaufman. MUCH...so no matter what they should be placed ahead...

I am going to put in my two cents on this discussion. I will have to agree with CoachMom on the 3a picks. I believe Pleasant Grove is the team to beat on the boys side. I agree on the top 3 picks for the girls with Athens Staci Hankins right behind those.

The 1A girls region III is the toughest region in 1A now that Lindsay has moved in. I predict Lindsay will beat North Hopkins and Martins Mill will take 3rd. Martins Mill just missed out qualifying for state last year taking 4th at regionals with all freshman. Good luck Lady Mustangs.