Tatum train horn not allowed?

Tatum_DirtyBird

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TtownEagle803

Thats seriously messed up. Ask a team not to bring their favorite celebration tool. That train horn sounds mean, maybe they're tryin to get us out of our game or something, who knows, its still messed up.

I'd vote no.

If you want to ring a bell, scream & shout, play a harmonica, or stomp your feet, go for it.

People powered noise is okay with me.

Pressing a button to make noise is the epitome of laziness.

Wouldn't it be nifty if football turned into a "Battle of the Noisemakers"?

My train whistle is louder than yours?

I don't think so.

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by WildLeg

I'd vote no.

If you want to ring a bell, scream & shout, play a harmonica, or stomp your feet, go for it.

I don't think so.

Why dont you just take the instruments out of the band too?.....Then maybe we could all go to sleep instead of just the little babies in the stands.

Originally posted by TtownEagle803

I'd vote no.

I don't think so.

Why dont you just take the instruments out of the band too?.....Then maybe we could all go to sleep instead of just the little babies in the stands.

Last time I looked, the instruments in the band were "people-powered".

Let 'em make all the noise they want.

Are you afraid your fans won't make enough noise? :)

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by TtownEagle803

I'd vote no.

I don't think so.

Last time I looked, the instruments in the band were "people-powered".

Let 'em make all the noise they want.

Are you afraid your fans won't make enough noise? :)

No, I just used to live by a train track when i was little and it reminds me of home. But seriously, the only thing in the rule book about horns is that you cant have them in a closed in space......for example, the AstroDome. I think its pretty weak that they wont let us bring the horn.

Trust me, we make plenty of noise. Its just cool to here that horn go of 7 to 9 times a game.

Wildleg, our fans don't make enough noise matter of fact, but you wouldn't either if your school was blowin out the comp.... lol...

So far, Troup is the only school not to let us bring our horn. IMO, that's poor sportsmanship and poor class. The horn is just our way of supporting our team. Maybe Troup is just mad cause they don't have a horn.

Good luck Tigers, but I think that is in poor taste

How is it bad sportsmanship? Cause it's their facility and anyone using the place has to abide by their rules? I'll admit it's kinda ticky tack but it is what it is. Just go win and who will care about a stupid horn anyways. If you wanna make some man made noise..take an old ( empty of course ) propane tank. Fill it up with bolts and anything else that will fit in there and paint it your school colors whatever...that defiantely makes noise.

I'd vote no.

I don't think so.

I totally agree!

I hate the one Celina uses as well. The game should be about the fans cheering their team, not some artificial noise maker operated by some nut! :w00t:

Originally posted by Tatum_DirtyBird

Wildleg, our fans don't make enough noise matter of fact, but you wouldn't either if your school was blowin out the comp.... lol...

So far, Troup is the only school not to let us bring our horn. IMO, that's poor sportsmanship and poor class. The horn is just our way of supporting our team. Maybe Troup is just mad cause they don't have a horn.

Good luck Tigers, but I think that is in poor taste

It's poor taste to bring a train whistle to somebody else's town, unless it's actually attached to a train.

:D

They really aren't supposed to say "No, you can't bring it." It's not really worth fighting, but unless the district has banned the train horns, no one school can ban them at their stadium.

Kilgore has had numerous teams tell them not to bring them or use them. I bet the people who hate them are the ones backing the teams getting whooped by teams with train horns... hehe :hug: But seriously, as long as it's just for touchdowns, kickoffs, and end of game/half, what's the big deal?

But that's okay; once playoffs start you can use the horn wherever you want,, per UIL rules.