Tatum_DirtyBird

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by EtFbfan

Just put it in the back of a truck across the road or somewhere right next to the field but off campus and ring that baby all night... :smileybanger:

I like your style......but ya gotta think deeper than that. Does Troup have a noise ordinance?? I'll load that sucker up in the back of my truck, lol.

I know that back in 91 when Gilmer was in the playoffs ....I can't remember for the life of me whom they played and I think it was in Marshall...they weren't allowed any cowbells or air horns or anything whatsoever...does anybody else recall this as well???? I think they played Jefferson I'm not for sure..

Originally posted by headn4home

Are you sure.... I thought UIL banned both train and air horns...

They're allowed in every playoff game.

They're supposed to be allowed at all district games unless the whole district agrees to ban them. Pre-district is fair game for bans.

How about just acting like you've been in the endzone before? Why all the chest beating and disruption of the peace--I can promise you that the players couldn't care less about what some toothless redneck does to honk a horn after a TD.

Be happy there aren't rules like in the NCAA that ban most artificial noise makers and that bands can't play once the huddle breaks. TCU has the Frog Horn that hasn't been allowed at some stadiums even though the same stadium allows cannons. Auburn just got a warning for piped in music at the Florida game. Miss St. can't use their cowbells. It's one game blow it to your hearts content at the next home game.

Originally posted by headn4home

Are you sure.... I thought UIL banned both train and air horns...

UIL has not banned train horns, the rule is that if a district has a written policy banning the noise maker they can forbid it. No written policy no ban. We used ours in Kilgore at our playoff games except for one place, but I don't remember where. Maybe Waco.

How they going to ban the train horn in Jacksonville.:whome: It comes right down the tracks behind the stadium.

Originally posted by KirtFalcon
Originally posted by WildLeg

I'd vote no.

If you want to ring a bell, scream & shout, play a harmonica, or stomp your feet, go for it.

People powered noise is okay with me.

Pressing a button to make noise is the epitome of laziness.

Wouldn't it be nifty if football turned into a "Battle of the Noisemakers"?

My train whistle is louder than yours?

I don't think so.

I totally agree!

I hate the one Celina uses as well. The game should be about the fans cheering their team, not some artificial noise maker operated by some nut! :w00t:

When Gilmer played Celina in the second round of the play-offs in 2003, Celina did not get to blow their horn many times. The first time they blew it for a touchdown was late in the third quarter.:thumbsup:

I vote no air horns. What's the purpose of them? Fans should make the noise at ballgames -- not machines. Let the bands play and let the fans cheer. Otherwise, sooner or later it will just get to the point of who can bring the loudest horn and that would just get ridiculous.

We have a double stacked Train horn that we have not been able to use in our district play for two years now…..The District voted on it and banned it for all district play home or on the road……if I am not mistaken when Brownsboro played Tatum last year in the playoffs we both were able to use the horns……….I understand the so called our house our rules thing, but all you are trying to do is cause a problem for others just because you don’t have something or not brilliant enough to come up with a way to get by the rules……At any game one loyal fan can sit in the parking lot and BLOW the heck out of it when TATUM scores if they want to……It makes it fun to try to beat the system

Whining. . . come on Tatum. . . is a horn really going to make difference?? Don't call Troup classless for something like that. Troup has railroad tracks running right behind the stadium. . . you may get an occasional horn blow anyway. The main thing is the stadium is going to be too crowded for that with the bands on the track etc, the train horns are WAY too loud and don't think it is necessary for this game. We used one a couple of years ago at the state championship and it was in a much larger stadium with many more people. . . thus not so loud. I'm looking for a great game between both teams. . . GO TIGERS!:thumbsup:

It's not a violation of the Texas Penal Code. It's not a violation of the UIL rules, and if Troup can't produce a written policy about in their proceedures, they can't stop you. Take it and make them produce a written policy. I'm tired of these people that act like, "It's my ball and you play my way or I'm taking my ball home." :messbaby:

Everybody's got an opinion these days, don't they... You folks ever think of the fact that it might be district policy that was voted on by all Athletic Directors at the district meeting? I'm just guessing here, but I don't think this is something that is done out of jealousy, bitterness, or sportsmanship! Who knows? I think you folks from Tatum and Troup should just go to the game and watch two good football teams and quit fussing over this whistle.

Originally posted by Sammy

Everybody's got an opinion these days, don't they... You folks ever think of the fact that it might be district policy that was voted on by all Athletic Directors at the district meeting? I'm just guessing here, but I don't think this is something that is done out of jealousy, bitterness, or sportsmanship!

If this is the case you would think it would have been banned already since all teams have started district play.