Tatum train horn not allowed?

Tatum_DirtyBird

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by e_t_sports

My team has been quite successful over the years and I don't care for the horns. Rusk used to have an extremely loud one and we beat them most years. But when those horns are being blown it's very hard to hear the public address announcer who is trying to give credit to the athletes who are playing the game. It's also hard to hear the bands who work hard to prepare for the games and deserve to be heard. And it's hard to hear yourself think. They take away from the atmosphere of a good game. Of course some people (maybe you) like to ride down the street and play your car stereo so loud that it can be heard two counties away, but I don't care for that either.

Actually, no, I don't play my sterio loud and have never had anything but the stock set up in any of my vehicles.

And if they're using the horn right it's just for kickoffs, fumble/interceptions, touchdowns, and the end of each half. There's no reason why it should be used continually, if you have one. It would be annoying to have some idiot blowing it all through the game; but that's not what a train horn is for. I don't see how they could blow a horn enough to keep anyone from hearing the band; there's only so much air in the tank before you have to fill it back up.

It's a neat addition to the atmosphere. Maybe it doesn't work with the smaller schools, and I can see why. Smaller stadiums, less people. Come to think of it, it probably WOULD be irritating and distracting if you weren't a larger 3A or up. But for the schools with large fanbases and bigger stadiums, it's a really neat addition.

I'd rather no one have them. Just my preference. I'd also rather not have pre-recorded music played on the PA system. I much preferred the "old days" when the bands got there an hour before the game and provided pregame music. Just my preference. I know I'm old-fashioned. And by the way, thanks for not playing loud music in your car.

Haha, I can't stand when other people do that, to tell you the truth. I can see where you're coming from, and I agree that the music over the PA system isn't a good thing. I say that because the music selection is usually terrible.. bleh.

I know that the Kilgore fans have a loud horn that they blast alot, even right when the kicker would kick-off, we always had a hard time with our kick-off returners staying focused because they would cringe waiting to hear the horn, very much a distraction in my oppinion...

IT IS IN THE DISTRICT MINUTES THAT BOTH SCHOOLS MUST AGREE TO THE USE OF TRAIN HORNS. THIS IS NOT A TROUP RULE IT IS A DISTRICT RULE. BUT IT SEEMS THEY FORGOT TO ASK THE OTHER SCHOOLS IF IT WAS OKAY TO BRING THE HORN. JUST FOR EXAMPLE; WHEN THEY PLAYED ARP. ARP KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE HORN UNTIL THEY ARRIVED WITH IT AT 4:00 AND BEGAN BL0WING IT WHILE THE CHEERLEADERS HUNG SIGNS ALL AROUND THE STADIUM. SORRY TATUM YOU DIDNT GET TO BRING YOUR LITTLE HORN WITH YOU !! TOOT TOOT!!!!! DIRTYBIRD, WE ARE STILL HERE WAITING FOR YOU TO STREAK. THE GROUNDS CREW WANTS TO TURN OUT THE LIGHTS AND GO HOME , IT HAS BEEN A LONG DAY. WE ALSO APPRECIATE THE LARGE CROWD THAT DID NOT SHOW UP. MAYBE THEY THOUGHT THE GAME WAS AT TEXAS STADIUM SINCE THAT WAS THE ONLY GAME THEY SHOWED UP TO LAST YEAR.... ACCORDING TO YOU.

Rusk will not allow train horns in district or non-district games. We requested to blow our horn only when the boys came out of the tunnel on to the field and they refused. I think it is ridiculous but we respected their request. I see nothing wrong with blowing a horn after your team scores or when your team comes out on the field through their tunnel.

Also, congrats Rusk on your big win...........