Longhorns BCS Situation

myronyellow

If you look at the Sagarin rating he has 3 ratings for Texas. The first is the Sagarin Rating in which Texas is ranked #8. The second is the ELO Rating which Texas is ranked #16. This is the Rating used by the BCS.

Finally he has the Predictor which I understand takes into account future games. Texas is ranked #2.

While the computer polls are hurting Texas on 10/20 the trend is to favor Texas as the season plays out. The predicted #1 team is Ohio State.

I am not too worried about the early BCS rating as long as Texas wins, they have a shot.

PS - I'm not holding my breath.

Well it is certainly going to change a lot between now and when the last standings come out. Louisville and WV still have to play each other and WV has to play Rutgers as well. ND and USC play each other and USC has to play Cal as well. I actually don't have an issue with any SEC team cause it is obviously the best conference in College Football but they will probably beat each other up some more. And of course last but not least Ohio State vs MEEEchigan. Either way there is no need to worry about it now Texas needs to focus on beating a good Nebraska team first and foremost the rest is out of their control.

Originally posted by pakman99

I wouldn't say that the rest of the Big 12 stink. Texas still have some teams left that can boost there ranking with wins over them. As far as the Sooners, they should have only one lost but was cheated

Just wanted to re-post this post so everyone could laugh again

Originally posted by hendersonlonghorn

I don't think you can say there 3 teams in the Big East that have played very good football. You can say they have 3 undefeated teams who have loaded up on weak competition. Who have they beaten? Louisville beat Miami. Sorry, but right now the U wouldn't be in the top 4 in the Big 12. WV opponents winning percentage up until this point is a whopping .389. And while I think Rutgers might be the best story in college football this year, there is a reason they are undefeated and ranked #19. If you need any more convincing that the Big East is overrated, WV's remaining opponents winning percentage is a combined .560 and that is with 2 undefeated teams on their schedule.

West Virginia = 2006 version of Tulane a couple of years ago.

West Virginia went up against a team that was stuffing their run game. UCONN was ranked 105th in the run and they stuffed the box.

So West Virginia decides to pass... UCONN is ranked 5th in the pass defense and they get the job done.

All that junk on ESPN saying WV is one dimesional... they need to get their story straight. And have you not forgotten about the sugar bowl game from last year...

Two names: Pat White and Steve Slaton.

Originally posted by pakman99

Mizzou and A&M can beat Rutgers. If you watched the K-State and Louisville game, K-State stayed in the game until the 4th quarter and Louisville won the game 24-0 which was 10-0 at half. This was K-State whom lost to Baylor 17-3. Until the Big East play a team (a real team) please don't compare them with the Big 12. I think UT, OkL (w/ Peterson), and Nebraska finish 1-3 in weak conference. I can see A&M ,Mizzou being very competitive in that Div. w/o the Big 3. Now look at how many "Real Teams" have played the Big 12 Real Teams (OSU,USC,Georgia(14-13 win over Colorado), not to mention Oregon(cheaters), and Iowa. Easy with the Big East because they are weak.

Plz base your logic on something solid.

Ever heard of the rock-paper-scizzors effect in football.

For example: Mizzou beats Tx Tech, Tx Tech beats A & M,

A & M beats Mizzou.

Here's another one: 2002-2003 season of 4A ET Football: T-High beats Kilgore, Kilgore beats Mt. Pleasant, Mt. Pleasant beats T-High.

This happens all the time. I just say let the teams play it out. I just think it's a shamble to send a 1 loss team to the BCS when there are several other candidates who handle their business. Auburn should have dropped a lot lower than being at 4 especially when loss to an UNRANKED opponent.

The big issue is how does a team that wins drops a rank. If WV took a loss, I wouldn't expect them to be near the top 10. The big thing is Auburn not dropping far enough also hurts UT, Louisville, WV and Michigan