BECKVILLE PLAYER DECLAIRED INELIGIBLE!!

hogwash

I think I will wait and see what Smoaky comes up with. I don't have the time or energy or connections to find out the facts so I will wait to see what comes out before I decide who did what wrong. I will say this, it is a little unfair to the coaches and players at Beckville that they have to lose those 2 games when the coaches did what they were suppose to and waited to see if he could play and the district made a ruling that he could. It is find to reverse the decision but don't make it rectroactive.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of the season players can be approved and then new information can change that

Example: Rent a house for a month in August establish eligibilty and then let it go

if controls like this were not in place that type of thing would run rampant

I to think it should be an ineligible from that POINT thing but that is not how it works

Originally posted by BearcatGal07
Originally posted by TRUTHBKNOWN

What is hilarious to me, (and I live in Gladewater) is the Teneha Supt. had his nephew living with him so he could play baseball at Gladewater several years ago, rented a room somewhere as his official residence, but stayed with his uncle and cousin. Would bet that probably find somethings wrong there if they would dig a little.

Were ya'll winning when this was happening? Because it seems to me that they are only doing this & making it an issue because Beckville is winning & people are scared.

Why is it that Beckville starts winning and people are scared? You wouldn't happen to remember the last 2 seasons for Beckville, would you? Let's just say they weren't the top of the line. No one's scared...rules just have to be followed. Plain and simple..you break the rules..you lose.

Hmm..Coincidence... had not been on any film, prior to the Joaquin game. not ont he sidelines, not anythingg. but just magically showed up to play, but yea theres nothin weird about that.. The beckville coach was questioned b4 the game, on the player, by Joaquin, because they looked at the Roster, and one of the boys.. His parents, were showed living in Henderson. So dont act like it was just after Joaquin lost that they, tried to stir stuff up.

I have tried to stay off this subject for as long as I really could, I have read all of the posts and all I really want to address are a few parts of the situation, not really the entire thing....

#1- For anyone who says that the Beckville Head Coach knew that he was cheating, you obviously don't know the man that you are talking about. He would not do that, and anyone who has coached with, played for, or just known the man, know how much of a man of character he is....

#2- I truly feel the UIL will overturn this decision.... Beckville apparently tried to do the right thing, they sat the kids in question out until they were told they were eligible and then they played them.... They could have just trotted them out there without waiting on an answer, but instead they wanted to go by the book.... I feel that once they were given the okay, that you really can't go back and make it retroactive if they are indeed ineligible.... There should have been an investigation if there was still question about the kids, but instead they were told it was alright to play them.... If nothing else, say they are ineligible from this point forward and move on....

#3- First off, if someone had doubts about this situation, it should have been brought up well before it was.... Secondly, I've read that there was no District Executive Committee meeting, that the Chairman of the committee gave the go ahead.... If that's the case, then the Chairman should be punished, not Beckville, for not investigating and having a meeting concerning this situation.... One man should not be able to decide something as big as this.... One man's decision (if that is true, that he made the decision, not the committee) will hurt lots of kids in Beckville who have busted their butt all season long to become the team they are today....

Lastly, I give my support to Coach Hubbard and the Bearcats, they are a great team coached by a great coach....

Originally posted by GTownDesperado

I have tried to stay off this subject for as long as I really could, I have read all of the posts and all I really want to address are a few parts of the situation, not really the entire thing....

#1- For anyone who says that the Beckville Head Coach knew that he was cheating, you obviously don't know the man that you are talking about. He would not do that, and anyone who has coached with, played for, or just known the man, know how much of a man of character he is....

#2- I truly feel the UIL will overturn this decision.... Beckville apparently tried to do the right thing, they sat the kids in question out until they were told they were eligible and then they played them.... They could have just trotted them out there without waiting on an answer, but instead they wanted to go by the book.... I feel that once they were given the okay, that you really can't go back and make it retroactive if they are indeed ineligible.... There should have been an investigation if there was still question about the kids, but instead they were told it was alright to play them.... If nothing else, say they are ineligible from this point forward and move on....

#3- First off, if someone had doubts about this situation, it should have been brought up well before it was.... Secondly, I've read that there was no District Executive Committee meeting, that the Chairman of the committee gave the go ahead.... If that's the case, then the Chairman should be punished, not Beckville, for not investigating and having a meeting concerning this situation.... One man should not be able to decide something as big as this.... One man's decision (if that is true, that he made the decision, not the committee) will hurt lots of kids in Beckville who have busted their butt all season long to become the team they are today....

Lastly, I give my support to Coach Hubbard and the Bearcats, they are a great team coached by a great coach....

VERY,VERY,VERY well said!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::notworthy:

After reading all this stuff, I don't believe Beckville will get these kids eligible and I Don't believe the 4 forfeits will be overturned.

Yes the DEC granted eligibility in the beginning but evidently either things changed, or the information was incomplete or just plain wrong. Now who is at fault here? The kids? Probably not.

The Parents? Probably. The coach? Only he knows for sure.

The administration? Probably not. This is a sad situation and there will be consequences, but we must have rules in our society

and rules for our games. If the rules are broken then bad things

can happen to people. Good Luck Beckville. I am afraid you need

it for this to work out for you. And you can still make the playoffs if you win out I think.

Everyone keeps talking about rules being broken, but if Beckville didn't break any rules, then how can you punish them?

Breaking a rule means that you do something you know is wrong or illegal.... If they were told it was legal, then they didn't break any rules.... The problem here is that there was not a district meeting apparently to decide the eligibility of the two players involved, the chairman did it on his own.... He should be punished for making the wrong decision....

I blame the parents of these children if they have falsified reports to prove their eligibility, Beckville ISD supposedly did their follow ups to verify residency and apparently found nothing wrong with what was going on....

I think it's wrong to point fingers at these kids and coaches until we know the truth.... Which by the way, we may never know, because there will be lots of people covering their tails before its all said and done I'm afraid....

I don't know the truth, but I know the head coach at Beckville, and if he says to me that he didn't break the rules, then I believe him, as would anyone that knows him....

Originally posted by t-dub

VERY,VERY,VERY well said!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::notworthy:

AGREED!!!!!!

Everyone keeps talking about rules being broken, but if Beckville didn't break any rules, then how can you punish them?

Breaking a rule means that you do something you know is wrong or illegal.... If they were told it was legal, then they didn't break any rules.... The problem here is that there was not a district meeting apparently to decide the eligibility of the two players involved, the chairman did it on his own.... He should be punished for making the wrong decision....

I blame the parents of these children if they have falsified reports to prove their eligibility, Beckville ISD supposedly did their follow ups to verify residency and apparently found nothing wrong with what was going on....

I think it's wrong to point fingers at these kids and coaches until we know the truth.... Which by the way, we may never know, because there will be lots of people covering their tails before its all said and done I'm afraid....

I don't know the truth, but I know the head coach at Beckville, and if he says to me that he didn't break the rules, then I believe him, as would anyone that knows him....

I, too, know him as well. It is not in his character to do something "shady" like this. I really like all the drama it has brought upon all those hard working kids... (Sarcasm, yes)Sad thing, NONE of us is making it better. I talked to several of the players and all have put this situation behind them and are looking forward to Friday night’s game. Give it rest; let the UIL do their job. Until we know the verdict we can only ASSUME what will happen... And you know what assuming gets you....

Coach Hubbard is the MOST moral and upstanding coach I have EVER met. NO WAY did he in any way cheat or even come close to that in this situation!! He had the most influence on my 4 sons of any individual except maybe my father and I in their high school lives. I would trust him with my life SO get over it and just see what happens by the UIL. Donald Hubbard is class thru and thru! Hang in the Coach. Your friends in Sandieland have your back!! Sandiedad

I don't think this is about integrity of the coach. The players were ruled eligible based on the information provided to the district chairman (whatever forms that implies). Later, the information was deemed to be incomplete or false, and new evidence was presented. Evidently strong evidence. So Beckville was declared to have played players who were not elibible. Therefore, they forfeited. Had the information presented to the chairman been accurate, the players would have remained eligible.