BECKVILLE PLAYER DECLAIRED INELIGIBLE!!

hogwash

Originally posted by allbig8

Maybe it would be easier to put behind everyone if print journalists in the Panola area wouldn't print a game article like they did. I'm glad I teach "yellow journalism" in class.

For those of us that do not have the vocabulary of allbig8:

Yellow journalism, in short, is biased opinion masquerading as objective fact. It involves sensationalism, distorted stories, scandal-mongering, or other unethical or unprofessional practices by news media organizations or individual journalists for the sole purpose of boosting newspaper sales and exciting public opinion.

After the late 1800's newspapers changed drastically, and still show no signs of changing back. (for most newspapers)

What is the remedy to yellow journalism? Buy newspapers whose writers are honest, truthful, and unbiased. It would also be beneficial to newspapers, to have their writers take at least one college journalism course; preferrably Journalism 101.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the "tainted" Panola article, it reminded me of an article written by Brad Sham of the Dallas Cowboy network.

Sham was blasting ESPN for their "sloppy reporting".

Sham states ["...that's why it is absolutely incumbent on the media to be above reproach. We (the media) are the ones who are supposed to tell you what's really happening, not what the people in power want you to know. How can the system work at all if we are either too lazy to tell the whole story or too dishonest to change what we report if it's not what we want to report?

Sham continues ["Sadly, there is truth in the old joking journalistic adage, "Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story."]

Man, are you incorrect. Beckville is not appealing the decision. They are applying for a retro Waiver to the parent residence rules. They are only appealing the forfeit.

And no, the Supt at Tenaha is not the district chairman. His name is Mr. Payne of Carlisle.

This just goes to show how many people are not "in the know".

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

What's this article everyone's talking about?

it is actually two articles that were published in the Panola Watchman's Wednesday Edition...having close relations to those who were quoted i can promise you that some of the more pointing finger quotes were never said