A&M @ Oklahoma St.

LJLPOP10

No I'm listening to it on the internet. If you were wanting to listen to it, don't bother. Dave South is the worst play by play commentator ever.

Aggies call them Southisms. Here are a few.

"Lane gets to the 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 yard line."

Pass to a wide-open Kerry Reed! Touchdown! First and goal from the five yard line.

"So it's slot left hash right man in motion is that Riley? might be Murf. Roll right will Reggie, needs 8 yards for the first gets past one man gets past another NICE move down the sideline aaaaaaaaand dragged down from behind for a 6 yard loss. And the Aggies will punt".

"Lewis dives across the line of scrimmage for a 25 yard gain."

...and the AGs take the lead, 7-7.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

No I'm listening to it on the internet. If you were wanting to listen to it, don't bother. Dave South is the worst play by play commentator ever.

Aggies call them Southisms. Here are a few.

"Lane gets to the 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 yard line."

Pass to a wide-open Kerry Reed! Touchdown! First and goal from the five yard line.

"So it's slot left hash right man in motion is that Riley? might be Murf. Roll right will Reggie, needs 8 yards for the first gets past one man gets past another NICE move down the sideline aaaaaaaaand dragged down from behind for a 6 yard loss. And the Aggies will punt".

"Lewis dives across the line of scrimmage for a 25 yard gain."

...and the AGs take the lead, 7-7.

I hate to pick on my people but that sounds a lot like Longview announcers. :yay:

Just got back from Stillwater and thought I'd give you my account of the game. I know a lot of you would say we underperformed (and probably did) but let me tell you what it was like up there.

40 degrees and 30-40 mph winds throughout the game. Field position a la kicking/punting was HUGE in this game because of the wind, and throwing downfield was very difficult.

OSU lost Bobby Reid to a concussion midway through the second quarter, but their backup played GREAT and they did not miss a beat on offense. They were able to run the ball on us...looked like we were looking to shut down the pass, which we did for the most part. No big passing plays for OSU.

So, the game is tied at 13, OSU scores to go up 20-13 midway late in the third. A&M answers on their next drive 20-20. OSU scores on an incredible 60 yard run with 2 minutes left in regulation to go up 27-20. Everyone in the stadium thought the game was over. Rock music was being played LOUDLY, even as we were lining up to snap the ball on offense. The OSU fans had their keys out and dangling them like they were ready to go celebrate the win. Their attitude was even greater when A&M was faced with a fourth and 13 with 1:13 seconds left after a sack on the Aggies own 37 yard line.

McGee, flushed from the pocket, scrambles around, and gets hit as he flings the ball in desperation to Javorskie Lane, who makes a miraculous bobbling one handed catch on a pass that was well behind him, breaks a tackle, and runs 15 yards for a first down. YIKES. We score with 3 seconds left to force overtime, on a very similar play where McGee was running for his life and found the tight end over the middle.

We get the ball first in overtime, and score in 3 plays on a Lane run. They score almost as quickly and line up for the extra point. We drop into safe coverage, thinking maybe a fake was in order to win the game for OSU. Low kick. Red Bryant sticks his paw up and blocks the PAT. Game over.

I about had a heart attack in the stands out there. What a fun game to attend. Even though we could have won by more (and probably should have) there is a fire in this team that was just plain absent the past few years. McGee and Bryant simply will not let us lose these close games.

This game, Army, Missou, and Kansas were all games we would have lost last year under similar circumstances. I cannot say enough about the leadership on this team.

The Ags have had some heart-stopping games this year, both wins and the loss to Tech.

I'm just glad that that Ags are finding ways this year to wins these. Maybe they are growing up as a team .. with players that keep looking for a way to win.

Hopefully, the more wins they can get, the better the bowl game.

Aggie, I agree with you about McGee. I said it last year. Losing McNeal was going to benefit A&M. McGee isn't anywhere near as talented as Reggie was, but he's the polar opposite when it comes to being a leader.

You could just see it during the UT-A&M game last year when he would just get knocked around and get up and talk trash back. Teammates see that and want to play for someone like that.

I do think A&M is a year away from really competing for the Big 12 title, but they are doing what needs to be done to get Ws. They are playing with fire too often again weak competition and that's going to come back and hurt them at some point, but for a squad that was used to losing games they are winning now you guys have to be happy with where you're at right now, even if that does mean that Fran is going to be around next year and probably a couple of more years after that.

Originally posted by TJC_fan

The "O" and "D" line recruits that Fran pulls in this year will determine the amount of "stink" that 2008 will give off. Hopefully, the "smell" will be a lot better than "stink". :smile2:

If that's the case then Fran's in trouble.

Let's take a look at the top o-line recruits per Rivals' Texas top 100.

1. Tray Allen, South Grand Prairie (*****) - Texas

6. Michael Huey, Kilgore (****) - Texas

13. Aundre McGaskey, LaMarque (****) - Texas

19. Matthew Nadar, Austin Westlake (****) - Texas (not going to be able to play though)

23. Kyle Hix, Aledo (****) - Texas

28. Jarvis Jones, Rosenberg Lamar (****) - uncommitted

53. Lonnie Edwards, Brownsboro (***) - Baylor

58. Courtney Green, Corsicana (***) - Baylor

66. Blake Emert, Garland Sasche (***) - Texas Tech

68. Jason Hannon, Waxahachie (***) - Oklahoma State

74. Evan Eike, Bryan (***) - Texas A&M

78. Jerrod Gooch, Vidor (***) - Texas

83. John Jones, Cedar Hill (***) - Baylor

86. Anthony Morgan, Lancaster (***) - Baylor

87. Marquis Franklin, John Tyler (***) - uncommitted

91. Daniel Baker, Fort Bend Elkins (***) - Texas A&M

That's about as ugly as you can get on the o-line side. Even if they get Jarvis Jones they are still going to be hurting. Baylor is outrecruiting A&M here.

On to the d-line recruits:

8. Richetti Jones, DE, Lincoln (****) - Oklahoma State

9. Andre Jones, DT, Andress (****) - Texas

16. Russell Carter, DE, Westbury (****) - Texas

22. Chris Perry, DT, Fossil Ridge (****) - Miami (soft)

27. Von Miller, DE, DeSoto (****) - uncommitted

36. Levar Brown, DE, Rosenberg Lamar (***) - uncommitted

40. Sam Acho, DE, St. Marks (***) - Texas

48. Ben Bass, DE, Plano West (***) - Texas A&M

56. Brandon Joiner, DE, Killeen Ellison (***) - uncommitted

62. Dominique Hamilton, DT, El Paso Chapin, (***) - uncommitted

64. Ahmad Jones, DT, Silsbee (***) - Oklahoma State

67. Marquis Frazier, DE, Garland (***) - uncommitted

73. Stephen Thomas, DT, Lancaster (***) - uncommitted

75. Michael Wilcoxon, DT, Aledo (***) - Texas

77. Rex McDougald, DT, Iola (***) - Baylor

Not nearly as ugly here as there are still some good prospects on the board and Texas is finished. Fran needs to pick up a few more commits, led by Von Miller. Could end up being decent with a solid finish.