grand saline vs. alba

gofortwo5

Believe it or not GS is a lot better than they were last year, last year the 7 games they lost 5 were total blowouts, this year theyve only been blown out once and that was to a VERY VERY good van team. You could say the tie against Malakoff would haven been a win, (GS was driving to the Malakoff 25 when they called it), They drubbed eustace, played very competitively against a very good Lone Oak Team (much closer than the score, ask anyone, even Lone Oak Fans), had the Hawkins game won, (bad officiating and even worse, lack of heart on the players part) and despite an awful first half played an impressive second half against Winnsboro. (got inside the Winnsboro 15 3 times) and Mineola was just a game where the offense had to do everything b/c the defense was playing so poorly. But i hope the GS players realize that people are talking like Alba can compete with them and given the great tradition GS has enjoyed, that is unacceptable and the players should play with a sense of urgency, and send a message to Alba and the rest of the district. Again i see GS putting up 60 and Alba Scoring twice.

Grand Saline 60

Alba-Golden 14

regardless of what happens tonight,It is nice that there is some question of who will win.For a few years it has been a slam dunk answer but not anymore.Good luck boys,play hard ,keep your eyes on your longterm goals and dont let the pundits get you down ,after all ,the game is still played on the field.Go PANTHERS:D:D

COMPLETE DOMINANCE>>>>> If Carp wanted a Shut Out he would have gotten it... and they still had trouble against the 2nd string D and some JV guys that got brought up for this one. Too much GS speed and there was no way no way they were going to lose this one....Good Luck GS on the rest of the season....BIg one next week.

Originally posted by crossfire1407

COMPLETE DOMINANCE>>>>> If Carp wanted a Shut Out he would have gotten it... and they still had trouble against the 2nd string D and some JV guys that got brought up for this one. Too much GS speed and there was no way no way they were going to lose this one....Good Luck GS on the rest of the season....BIg one next week.

While I don't totally disagree with you....I can tell that you are obviously a GS homer (not that that's a bad thing)...and while I have no ties to either team...Alba-Golden was making some prettybgood progress against GS's 2nd team defense and other subs...

Coach Carpenter is a great man & Coach Frye is an exceptional coach also, who, is given a chance - can & will turn AG around to become more competitive than they have ever been...

Yeah im from GS and i agree that give Frye time and he will turn it around. I mean he was Mike Owens understudy and not better example talk about turnaround took REL from the 12-5A cellar to being the state Champs. While i dont predict the same for Alba, (theyve gotta have Athletic talent after all) i think it will get better but Alba would have more people rooting for them if they didnt pop off about how they will beat GS. Sorry guys i have no clue about the future, but not right now.

I did enjoy watching the game this past Friday night. GS did what I expected them to do but it was great to see Alba continue to try and fight hard the entire game. That shows a lot to coaches that the kids are working hard the whole game. The QB and RB did play well. It is hard to win though with only a couple of people. Maybe next year they have a more developed O-Line and D-Line to keep the games closer. Keep up the good work. Good luck to GS in a game for the playoffs against Quitman, win out and you guys have a great shot at the playoffs.

Sportsfan44, you nailed it. Skill position players can only carry you as far as your guys in the trenches will allow. If Frye and staff can get the interior lines coached up then next year's team can be pretty good. They are playing hard this year and have shown progress. This off season is going to be really important. Good luck the rest of this year to the Panthers.