A&M at Baylor

Golfingnut

Allright all you Aggie and Bear fans, let's get something going here. This is the week we have been waiting for. We have trash talked each other all year, don't tell me we are going to be quiet the week of the game.

Come on, we can discuss and be cival at the same time. Or can we? LOL

I'll start. Baylor by 3 in a down to the wire game.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious that this is not the best A&M team, but besides the Tech game, they have found a way to win. It hasn't always been pretty, but they have heart. I'm still waiting for Goodson's breakout game, and I predict it happens in Waco.

A&M 24

Baylor 21

i posted this over on another site....

first 3 games (not including nw)....

47-31-1 286 1 against TCU

48-31-2 256 1 against WSU

35-26-0 241 1 against Army

thats 67% with a 1-1 int rate

we averaged 33 yards on the ground and 261 in the air giving us (294 ypg)

last 3 games...

44-31-2 272 2 against CU

47-25-1 303 2 against UT

55-33-2 394 5 against KU

thats 60% and nearly a 2/1 (9-5) int rate

we have averaged ~ 68 yards a game on the ground and 323 in the air giving us (391 ypg)

the offense is coming into its own however you look at it. in the kansas game mosley had minimum carries for ~80 yards. whitaker had 3 carries for ~20. if baylor can stop their running game just a few times at the start of the game and turn it into points it will take a&m out of his game plan.

but my final prediction is..... im not giving one because i dont know what baylor rush defense will show up-- 1st half against kansas (180 yards to cornish) or 2nd half against cornish (13 yards)

I'm not going to post on this topic for my own sanity after I say this:

This is Baylor's big game. Not only are they playing A&M (which they seem not to like too much) they are also playing for bowl eligibility. We are on the road. We have not played well on the road this year.

However, we have played Tech and Missou already this season, so we have seen and been able to stop these offensive schemes before. That should help.

We proved at OSU that if defenses key on stopping Lane up the gut, McGee and Goodson can win this game on their own. The return of Courtney Lewis also allowed us to beat OSU yesterday...he ran better against OSU than I've seen him run in a LONG time...maybe even back to his freshman year. He's nursing turf toe which is why he has not played and did not get many carries yesterday, but when he did he was the best back A&M has on the team.

McGee threw the ball well last night as well. We threw the ball downfield more that I have seen all year which simply adds another element to our ridiculously complicated offense.

I expect a close game, simply because we will play ball control offense and Baylor will put up some points. Our team has willed itself to victory the past 3 weeks.

Our leadership will not let us lose this game.

Ags 34

Bears 24

2008... im curious to what you think

on texags they are predicting 50% aggies at the game...

find this hard to believe with baylor being 3-1 in conference and everyone knows a bowl is still in sight.

im thinking more a long the lines of 25% aggies

as far as leadership dont doubt baylors

shawn bell threw for 233 in about 5 minutes of posession (9 minutes left in the 4th quarter) the plays by zeigler (3rd and 10 diving catch on the sideline, hurdling defenders to get the final score), the td reception by mosley, and the "painful to watch" blocks by trent shelton that sprung ziggy for 60 yards to the 4 and got the edge for ziggy on the td.......... these 4 seniors on offense will not let our team go down without a fight

Originally posted by golffingnut

Sure wish I could go, but no money for ticket. All ya'll other Bear fans will have to take it home.

This will be a great game. Both teams will be up and at their best.

Anyone know what time is game time?

kickoff set for 6. i have baseball in arlington that morning, but i will try to make the trip to see one heck of a football game that night. already lookin good for the weekend....

Baylor in the past has hardly ever filled up even half of the stadium with home fans. Last time in Waco it was over 50% aggie fans...I would say this game means a lot to Baylor and people from around town will come out to see it.

I would think it will be 30-40% A&M fans, depending on who gets there earlier to wait in line for public tickets.

Originally posted by Aggie2008

Baylor in the past has hardly ever filled up even half of the stadium with home fans. Last time in Waco it was over 50% aggie fans...I would say this game means a lot to Baylor and people from around town will come out to see it.

I would think it will be 30-40% A&M fans, depending on who gets there earlier to wait in line for public tickets.

checked out what you just said about the '04 game in the dvd i have of it...

not hardly close to 50%... the alumni side were majority baylor fans... endzone probably split and student side was probably spilt even. id say 35 percent aggie.

I have one child at A&M and the other graduated last May from Baylor.

I wouldn't mind seeing Baylor get one game closer to bowl eligibility, but I think I'll just root for the team who has the ball!

I hope for a close, exciting game that comes down to the wire.

Originally posted by GWbaseball07

2008... im curious to what you think

on texags they are predicting 50% aggies at the game...

find this hard to believe with baylor being 3-1 in conference and everyone knows a bowl is still in sight.

im thinking more a long the lines of 25% aggies

Could be. But 25% Aggies is still louder than 75% Baylor Fans.

Originally posted by Aggie2008

A&M has never had half in Waco, this is an aggie myth, they like to tell people and hope they believe. 2004 was about 30% aggies.

Originally posted by Longhorn Fan

Any other time, I would be pulling hard for Baylor for my Horns' sake, I need the Aggies to win. A&M does not need to drop in the polls. They need to climb and climb hard. Reason: Going into the A&M game, Texas will need them to be ranked as high as possible.

Since UT plays both A&M and BU, the outcome of this game can't affect UT's SOS.

Originally posted by Texasjeremy

A&M has never had half in Waco, this is an aggie myth, they like to tell people and hope they believe. 2004 was about 30% aggies.

We had over half the stadium in '04. I was there.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

Could be. But 25% Aggies is still louder than 75% Baylor Fans.

i wouldnt count on that for this weekend.

in '04 the reason 30% might have been louder than 70% because we were playin for nothing. not a bowl. just an upset and no one expected that.

we have somethin on the line this year

aggie2008... believe me, i just checked the crowd out on the dvd and it was nowhere close to being half, much less more than half. it was along the lines of 30%. but i will admit there were a lot of you there.