A&M at Baylor

Golfingnut

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by TJC_fan

Sounds like that GJ Kinne from Gilmer will have some talent waiting on his arrivial next fall. Coach Morris is definitely building that program toward competing in the Big 12.

:thumbsup: to the Ags for going into Waco and bringing back a "W". Keep climbing the "Bowl" ladder, guys.

Looks like GJ may be joining the Bears in the Spring.

Texasjeremy,

Does that mean that he's graduating from Gilmer at mid-semester and will start at Baylor in the Spring semester? That would give him a BIG headsup on taking control of the qb position and learning the Baylor system.

Originally posted by TJC_fan

Texasjeremy,

Does that mean that he's graduating from Gilmer at mid-semester and will start at Baylor in the Spring semester? That would give him a BIG headsup on taking control of the qb position and learning the Baylor system.

TJC... i believe that is correct. the offense he runs at gilmer and ran at canton is very similar to baylors and will have a good to chance to take over next year as a fish.

if you havent watched his new videos on rivals you might want to check them out. the kid has a cannon for an arm and can also throw the ball with touch. ready to get him to waco.

Yeah, I've watched him play in a few games the past three years. And hopefully, I can take in a couple of playoff games this season. I enjoy watching the Gilmer "O". They can score anytime, anywhere. He definitely knows how to run that offense.

I'd just like to see Baylor get to bowl games every year. With playing in the Big 12, that means that they've got to WIN those non- conference games..... can't let those slip away, like this year's games with Army, TCU and perhaps Washington.

GWBaseball07 -- are you playing baseball at Baylor, or just being a student?

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

I just got done watching the game on FSN. Baylor played a good game. Goodson's run was nothing but speed, speed and a little more speed.

Is that picture under your user name, when Goodson, dropped the ball before crossing the goal line? He almost made a very costly mistake, too bad it wasn't reviewed.

Im glad im not the only one who saw that. They even showed the goal line angle on the big screen during the game and it looked really close. I thought thats what they were talking about before the extra point but it wasnt. I thought they should have reviewed it. If we would have had a TO then we would have. That could have been HUGE!

I just got done watching the game on FSN. Baylor played a good game. Goodson's run was nothing but speed, speed and a little more speed.

I haven't actually seen the run, but was Baylor stacking the line. I know it was about 3rd and 4 and the Bears had just called timeout. They knew they had to stop the Aggies to bring up 4th to get the ball back, which would have been their last attempt at winning. I was just wondering because I know in alot of cases when a team has 3rd and short, and the defense has to stop them, that they stack the line and normally if the play isn't stopped, it will go for a big play. Just curious.

Originally posted by Texasjeremy

Is that picture under your user name, when Goodson, dropped the ball before crossing the goal line? He almost made a very costly mistake, too bad it wasn't reviewed.

Actually it wouldn't have. Baylor didn't pick up the ball... the official did before it rolled out of bounds, which gives A&M the ball on the 1-yard line. All it would have done was take a little more time off the clock before A&M scored. Had it rolled out of bounds or been recovered by a Bear, that's a whole different story. IMO it doesn't matter because the angle I saw sure looked like he had crossed the line.

Originally posted by golffingnut

I haven't actually seen the run, but was Baylor stacking the line. I know it was about 3rd and 4 and the Bears had just called timeout. They knew they had to stop the Aggies to bring up 4th to get the ball back, which would have been their last attempt at winning. I was just wondering because I know in alot of cases when a team has 3rd and short, and the defense has to stop them, that they stack the line and normally if the play isn't stopped, it will go for a big play. Just curious.

Baylor played it well. They had the hole clogged up. Goodson just used his athleticism and reversed the field and took it up the left sideline.

Originally posted by golffingnut

The offensive line zone blocked to the right and the d-line slanted that way causing the left end to have inside postion on the tackle...thats why he lost containment. The linebackers got stuck up in the middle and Goodson just took it around the end when the end got blocked down.

And by the way, according to Fran, Goodson was about a yard into the end zone (based on the coaches film) when he dropped the ball and if he ever does that again he'll be in trouble.

It is now a rule at A&M that a player has to hand the ball to the official after scoring. That play could have cost us. Any review would have been unconfirmable because of the camera angles.