A&M at Baylor

Golfingnut

This is going to be a great game. It's Baylors super bowl and like other posters have said we UT fans really need a&m to win. Good luck to both.

I see it

Baylor-31

a&m -34

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I'd worry about when it comes to this game from an A&M standpoint is that Morriss and his staff are so much better than what Fran has it's not even funny. Strictly from a talent standpoint, A&M should win by 2-3 TDs. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened the past couple of years mostly because of coaching.

Bill Bradley might be the best DC in the conference behind Chizik. If he had a degree I'd definitely want him running the Horns defense.

I hope BU wins, but I just don't know how this game turns out...In my opinion emotion can stop a running game, and maybe Baylor can slow down the Ags run game to keep the game close....All I know for sure is that I will be at this game...

Sic 'Em Bears....!!!

Originally posted by Texasjeremy
Originally posted by Longhorn Fan

Any other time, I would be pulling hard for Baylor for my Horns' sake, I need the Aggies to win. A&M does not need to drop in the polls. They need to climb and climb hard. Reason: Going into the A&M game, Texas will need them to be ranked as high as possible.

Since UT plays both A&M and BU, the outcome of this game can't affect UT's SOS.

I understand what Longhorn Fan is saying. A&M moving up in the polls helps Texas in the BCS and maybe helps get them a shot at National Title game, but I think for it to help, A&M would have to beat Baylor by alot and I don't see that happening. Baylor winning won't help Texas at all unless the Longhorns beat A&M by 60 or more.

Sorry Longhorn Fan, I have to root for my Bears.

The one thing I've noticed on campus today is that all the talk is about Baylor.

Two years ago the talk was about playing #3 OU two weeks down the road, and even last year the talk was really about how bad we were going to beat them for revenge after the '04 game. We are very focused and very appreciative of the coaching staff and the effort of the Baylor players. I think our focus and determination this year is right where it needs to be.

One of the things a coach always hates is when he knows the other team is going to try hard for 60 minutes. Baylor has developed that kind of attitude, and A&M has showcased the same never-give-up mentality throughout this season (something we have lacked in recent years past).

Looking at Baylor's Big 12 schedule, they were pretty fortunate as far as the Big 12 North part goes...if this were any other team in the south they were playing, I would say that team would win because Baylor has yet to defeat a real quality opponent. However, this is Baylor's Superbowl and they will come out to knock us down early and will play 100% the entire game.

Baylor has gone to overtime seemingly every game this season and A&M has had down-to-the-wire tight games 5 out the 8 times we've played. Should be another nerveracking game for both Aggie and Bear fans.

I hope that's the case, Cougar4Life. The Ags need this one bad .... it's the next game on their schedule. They're in the middle of climbing that "Bowl Quality" ladder. Wins here will get them up another rung.

A win over OU ... well, let's not look ahead. Let's think about A&M vs Baylor.

Originally posted by GWbaseball07

checked out what you just said about the '04 game in the dvd i have of it...

not hardly close to 50%... the alumni side were majority baylor fans... endzone probably split and student side was probably spilt even. id say 35 percent aggie.

Anyone else find it funny Baylor would make a DVD for a conference game?

Anyone who says this isn't Baylor's superbowl is crazy. This is more than just another game for both teams. Baylor needs to win this game to keep their bowl chances alive, and my hopes for A&M at the beginning of the year were the Cotton Bowl, and those chances would take a drastic hit with a loss.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

not hardly close to 50%... the alumni side were majority baylor fans... endzone probably split and student side was probably spilt even. id say 35 percent aggie.

Anyone who says this isn't Baylor's superbowl is crazy. This is more than just another game for both teams. Baylor needs to win this game to keep their bowl chances alive, and my hopes for A&M at the beginning of the year were the Cotton Bowl, and those chances would take a drastic hit with a loss.

what would be funny is if you COULD make a dvd for your superbowl against texas!:whistle:

is arrogance of a&m fans ###### me off more than anything. do you guys not realize that right now the last 20 years do not matter? the games have been decided by 4 points the last two years... with basically the same teams and same coaches.

and as far as the teams we have played you think that you have played that much tougher of a conference schedule?

conference schedules in order of strength

a&m 3-1 against mizzou, osu, tech, kansas

bu 3-1 against texas, colorado, kansas, kansas state

you tell me how exaclty those teams match up as of right now

and then please go back to preconference and compare schedules

what would be funny is if you COULD make a dvd for your superbowl against texas!:whistle:

is arrogance of a&m fans ###### me off more than anything. do you guys not realize that right now the last 20 years do not matter? the games have been decided by 4 points the last two years... with basically the same teams and same coaches.

and as far as the teams we have played you think that you have played that much tougher of a conference schedule?

conference schedules in order of strength

a&m 3-1 against mizzou, osu, tech, kansas

bu 3-1 against texas, colorado, kansas, kansas state

you tell me how exaclty those teams match up as of right now

and then please go back to preconference and compare schedules

I don't think any Aggie fan has said anything about Texas. Baylor fans have been talking about this game ever since they lost last year. Who played who earlier doesn't mean a thing right now. The only thing that matters is who goes out and plays the best on Saturday. But just for the heck of it, I never mentioned anything about A&M having a tougher schedule than Baylor. No one said anything about the past 20 years either. What gets me about Baylor fans is they win more than two games in a year and they think they belong in the elite of the Big XII.

Originally posted by football4life

Well Mizzou and Tech can actually play football whereas colorado, kansas, and kansas St. deal with the dilemmas of learning how to put on shoulder pads and huddle up correctly.The one real team baylor played they lost to.

Mizzou maybe (even though they have also yet to beat a quality opponent), but Tech has been bad this year, remember Colorado (the team you say is bad) beat Tech 30-6. Also, why is it Aggies always think every team in the conference thinks of A&M as their "super bowl". The reason teams get up for A&M is not because of your middle of the pack team, its because they hate aggies.

i never said anything about us being in the elite of the big12... its just a&m fans are the ones who usually dont respect that baylor IS getting better after we play them in 2OT games in a two years in a row after getting it handed to us 73-10 (also the we want 80 chants were classless and im glad stoops did what he did the following week). everything that baylor does in football is a fluke to you all. you concentrate on beating the UTs and OUs (whom you rarely do) and you consider yourself in their league while now the past two years you are having trouble to beat "lowly baylor".

also, its not the fact that you said anything about texas but when you make remarks about us "making a dvd about a game" it really gets under my skin me off. what made the game so sweet was the fact that you all predicted a 30 point win and when we upset you it was a fluke and gave us no respect unlike anyone else. and last year it was "time for revenge" and you would beat us by 63 points once again. what happened? 16-13 OT win in COLLEGE STATION. but again, to you all it should have never happened and our team was still horrible.

IMO, as well as many other Aggies I'm sure, feel Baylor is the only team that considers A&M their Super Bowl. Morris has been talking about A&M all season. I have a few Baylor friends that have told me they don't care how the season ends up, as long as they beat A&M. I can't speak for you, but it sounds like their Super Bowl to me.

Well Mizzou and Tech can actually play football whereas colorado, kansas, and kansas St. deal with the dilemmas of learning how to put on shoulder pads and huddle up correctly.The one real team baylor played they lost to.

didnt colorado dismantle tech somethin like 30-6?

you lost to tech. you barely beat kansas as did we.

i would like some insight on what you just said.

IMO, as well as many other Aggies I'm sure, feel Baylor is the only team that considers A&M their Super Bowl. Morris has been talking about A&M all season. I have a few Baylor friends that have told me they don't care how the season ends up, as long as they beat A&M. I can't speak for you, but it sounds like their Super Bowl to me.

show me quotes since the season HAS STARTED of Morriss that he has said about a&m. im being serious, its not that i dont believe you i just want to see what he said.

its not a "superbowl" its just a rivalary that baylor knows is back and a&m doesnt want to admit it. and the arrogance a&m shows baylor in respect to their football team is pathetic and makes baylor fans/team want to beat a&m that much more.

As I stated earlier, I have one child at A&M and one fresh out of Baylor. My allegiences are to both and/or neither. I just want another close game that goes down to the wire.

Neither one of these two have played a complete game this season. A&M's was real close vs. Missouri. I have no reason to believe either will put it all together for this one either.

Throw out the Citadel, La-La, La. Tech, NW State because those are schedule fillers.

The fact that Army played both Bears and Aggies in tight down-to-the-wire games tells us a little about both programs. Both have improved since then, but neither is anything more than a middle-of-the pack ball club. The Big 12 being down this year helps both teams out quite a bit.

Other than the Baylor-UT game (and the filler games mentioned above), every other game on both the Aggie and Bear schedules could've gone either way.

Both teams have hot and cold stretches during their games, taking leads then handing them back to their opponents. I think we'll see that from both again this weekend.

Should be a good game between two fairly even football teams. Regardless of the difference in season won-loss records, these two are about as even as you can get.

i never said anything about us being in the elite of the big12... its just a&m fans are the ones who usually dont respect that baylor IS getting better after we play them in 2OT games in a two years in a row after getting it handed to us 73-10 (also the we want 80 chants were classless and im glad stoops did what he did the following week). everything that baylor does in football is a fluke to you all. you concentrate on beating the UTs and OUs (whom you rarely do) and you consider yourself in their league while now the past two years you are having trouble to beat "lowly baylor".

Funny thing is Stoops was trying not to score, it was 77-0 at the end of 3 quarters, he told his runningbacks to run up to the line and fall down 3 times then punt.

I'm not going to look it up, but I'm sure everyone remembers the "I guess Army went down there and showed them who the real cadets were" comment.

It's not that I disrespect Baylor's football team. I'm going to be in a very, very bad mood if Baylor wins Saturday, but IMO a Baylor win wouldn't be the biggest surprise to me. I think A&M is the better team, but not by far. If anything I just like getting under yall's skin. Plus my feelings towards Mike Leach and Guy Morris are similar to those of Al Queda.

Originally posted by Texasjeremy

Funny thing is Stoops was trying not to score, it was 77-0 at the end of 3 quarters, he told his runningbacks to run up to the line and fall down 3 times then punt.

Really? You got to stand on the sideline and listen to Stoops during the game. Man, talk about opportunity of a lifetime.

I'll admit that we had to come from behind to beat a not very good kansas team as did baylor. What i'm saying is not one of those teams is ranked except texas and baylor didn't win. We have played 2 ranked teams and are 1-1 in 2 extremely close games.

Tech is ranked?