A&M at Baylor

Golfingnut

Originally posted by LJLPOP10
Originally posted by Texasjeremy
Originally posted by GWbaseball07

i never said anything about us being in the elite of the big12... its just a&m fans are the ones who usually dont respect that baylor IS getting better after we play them in 2OT games in a two years in a row after getting it handed to us 73-10 (also the we want 80 chants were classless and im glad stoops did what he did the following week). everything that baylor does in football is a fluke to you all. you concentrate on beating the UTs and OUs (whom you rarely do) and you consider yourself in their league while now the past two years you are having trouble to beat "lowly baylor".

Funny thing is Stoops was trying not to score, it was 77-0 at the end of 3 quarters, he told his runningbacks to run up to the line and fall down 3 times then punt.

Really? You got to stand on the sideline and listen to Stoops during the game. Man, talk about opportunity of a lifetime.

What would have been more embarassing to you guys, what Stoops did or would it have been worse if he showed no mercy and hung 100 on you guys. If he would have kept scoring, the media would have eaten him alive for picking on poor a&m.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by football4life

I'll admit that we had to come from behind to beat a not very good kansas team as did baylor. What i'm saying is not one of those teams is ranked except texas and baylor didn't win. We have played 2 ranked teams and are 1-1 in 2 extremely close games.

Tech is ranked?

When the game was played tech was ranked. Even now they are just outside the top 25. My point was better quality opponents for A&M.

Just curious how the 77-0 OU game came up.

Why does Baylor care that much about A&M losing to OU? That was 4 years ago. That's why I'm trying not to post on this thread too much because its getting ridiculous. Baylor fans on this forum (and one particular A&M fan) are freaking obnoxious.

Can we talk about THIS year for a change?

Originally posted by TJC_fan

I'll settle for another "1-point" A&M win ... in overtime. Just win, baby .... just win!!!

That's how I feel. I think A&M should win, but I will feel very relieved if we win. I actually felt the spread was a little much with A&M not blowing out any Big XII competition, and it being in Waco.

Originally posted by Aggie2008

Baylor fans on this forum (and one particular A&M fan) are freaking obnoxious.

and we feel the same about you and most aggies. if you all werent so arrogant all of the time we might have a little more respect.

as far as talking about this year... most of the time its the aggies talking about the last 20 years and blah, blah, blah when the discussion is between a baylor and texas a&m fan.

before i even started posting on this site i would read some of the stuff you said and get annoyed.

to you, we are obnoxious because we state facts and there is nothing you can to down play them... we do not believe baylor will win a conference championship or play in a BCS bowl... but to say that we cant beat a&m is something we know we can do.

with that said im ready for saturday

I'll admit that we had to come from behind to beat a not very good kansas team as did baylor. What i'm saying is not one of those teams is ranked except texas and baylor didn't win. We have played 2 ranked teams and are 1-1 in 2 extremely close games.

Tech is ranked?

When the game was played tech was ranked. Even now they are just outside the top 25. My point was better quality opponents for A&M.

Point being, if you can count Tech as a ranked opponent, why can't Baylor count TCU (a team that dominated Tech)?

Originally posted by GWbaseball07

Baylor fans on this forum (and one particular A&M fan) are freaking obnoxious.

and we feel the same about you and most aggies. if you all werent so arrogant all of the time we might have a little more respect.

as far as talking about this year... most of the time its the aggies talking about the last 20 years and blah, blah, blah when the discussion is between a baylor and texas a&m fan.

before i even started posting on this site i would read some of the stuff you said and get annoyed.

to you, we are obnoxious because we state facts and there is nothing you can to down play them... we do not believe baylor will win a conference championship or play in a BCS bowl... but to say that we cant beat a&m is something we know we can do.

with that said im ready for saturday

Wow. I am speechless. Almost.

If stuff we say annoys you THAT MUCH, then don't read it. Part of discussing sports is sometimes hearing stuff you don't like, true or not. And many times it is the Baylor fans that say, "we have outplayed A&M the past two years", so don't say it's always Aggies who talk about the past, because the past doesn't matter. A&M could have beat Baylor by 100 or Baylor could have beat A&M by 100 last year, that still doesn't put any points on the board for THIS YEAR'S game.

With a few exceptions, I wouldn't consider anyone on this site "arrogant". Of all sports (MLB,NBA,NFL,NHL,NCAA B-Ball, etc.) I think fans get most passionate about college football. While Aggies and Bears will always argue til death, it's only because they are so passionate about their teams. It's not wrong, it's not right, it's just the way it is. Plus what fun would this site be if everyone got along and agreed with everything?

Tech is ranked?

Point being, if you can count Tech as a ranked opponent, why can't Baylor count TCU (a team that dominated Tech)?

Go ahead, count TCU thats just another home loss to a top 25 team if you want. Its all the same to me. Anyway, getting away from the strength of schedule debate and back to the actual game, as much as i hope everything returns to normal and we blow out baylor i expect it to be like every other road game this year where we find ourselves in a pickle late in the game and somehow, someway find a way to get it done down the stretch.

Baylor by 3. Texas A&M has NEVER had 50% of the attendance in Waco... that's a fantasy aggies like to portray as the truth to serve as evidence of the "aggie" spirit taking over Waco. It just simply has never been true. Yes, there are a lot of aggies in attendance, but at best aggies will have around 15,000 of a total attendance of 45,000.

Great guys, now we are back to hating each other again. Come on, get it all out. All year we have been going at each other. At least now it is game week. After Saturday one of these teams isn't going to be able to trash talk, so go for it now. Let's leave it all on the table.

Everyone knows that the only week A&M wasn't trashing Baylor was the week they played Tech, and as we all know Aggies hate Red Raiders more than Bears.

Let's discuss the actual game. Can the Aggie defense stop the Baylor offense? Can the Bears get a running game going this week? I don't know much about the Aggies. Someone fill me in on what kind of offense and defense they have.

Believe it or not, the problem with the defense this year has been stopping the run, so if Baylor can get the running game going, they will probably win. Bell, Ziegler, and co. don't scare me, but the D-line letting Mosley run all over them does.

With A&M's style of play this year, they aren't going to blow anybody out, but no one is going to blow them out. They keep the ball way too long for it to be a "shootout".

McGee might not be the best, but I'd put him up against anyone in the country in a toughness and heart competition. The kid does what needs to be done to win, and he has been very clutch this year.

Everyone keeps talking about J-Train, and yes he is very good. But he is easy to stop. Oklahoma St. proved that. Baylor just needs to REALLY stack the box. If A&M can use that to their advantage and expose Baylor with the pass and running Goodson to the outside, they should be able to put up points.

The matchup I want to see is Baylor's running game against A&M's front 6. I am not concerned with the passing game because A&M has seen Tech and Missou already and has figured out how to shut them down. We have struggled against teams that are balanced...so if Baylor abandons the run we should be OK. If they run the ball well, we will not defend the pass as well. That is where OSU really hurt us.

If Baylor's OC watches the OSU film...we were torched by the run when the field was spread. I would not be suprised to see Baylor try to run the ball a little more than they have in the past few games.

The matchup I want to see is Baylor's running game against A&M's front 6. I am not concerned with the passing game because A&M has seen Tech and Missou already and has figured out how to shut them down. We have struggled against teams that are balanced...so if Baylor abandons the run we should be OK. If they run the ball well, we will not defend the pass as well. That is where OSU really hurt us.

If Baylor's OC watches the OSU film...we were torched by the run when the field was spread. I would not be suprised to see Baylor try to run the ball a little more than they have in the past few games.

Tech is the only one that truely has a comparable offense to Baylor's and they beat you. Missouri's has a more balanced attack.

Baylor doesn't have a running game....the biggest reason is that the chances of Bell running are 0....So key on the single back and you have them whooped...but don't let the game be close with Zeigler on the field, he'll carry the load....

Tech is the only one that truely has a comparable offense to Baylor's and they beat you. Missouri's has a more balanced attack.

Missou throws it about 2/3 of the time. They only have 3 running plays in their offense, and its never up the middle.

Baylor and Tech are more 70-30 to 80-20. We can take away the pass if Baylor does not try to run the ball, as evidenced in the Tech and Missouri games. Don't let the Tech game fool you...while we lost they did almost all of their damage early in the game. After a few adjustments they did not move the ball in the second half at all until that final drive (which was 3 plays...not exactly a long drive).

Missou does run a different offense (they throw the ball more vertical) but it is comparable because they pass a lot more than they run.

Baylor needs to establish a running game to beat us. It is our weakness on defense. No running game = no win for Baylor. Running game = pretty good chance for Baylor.

A&M has to keep Baylor from making big plays in the passing game and make them drive. The longer that kind of offense is on the field the more mistake prone they are with the QB having to make a massive amount of reads every play.

Originally posted by RedBloodEagle

Baylor by 3. Texas A&M has NEVER had 50% of the attendance in Waco... that's a fantasy aggies like to portray as the truth to serve as evidence of the "aggie" spirit taking over Waco. It just simply has never been true. Yes, there are a lot of aggies in attendance, but at best aggies will have around 15,000 of a total attendance of 45,000.

lol not to down ya but no way baylor takes it by 3, IF they take it which is possible, it'll be close just like it has been.