A&M at Baylor

Golfingnut

Everyone is right about Baylor's lack of a running game this year. Not sure how many yards they had against KU, but being that they had to come from behind, I'm sure it wasn't much. I would love to see them establish the run, but I don't see it happening.

Will the Baylor coaches try and estblish the run or will they go against what will work because they don't have a running game and attemp to try to beat A&M in the air? Maybe this will be the game Baylor breaks out their running game and maybe it will be successful.

Actually I think the bottom line is can the Baylor defense stop A&M. We know that Baylor can force turnovers and they will have to do that given the Aggies ball control offense. If the Aggies can control the ball, I see this being a low scoring game, but I am still taking Baylor by 3. I think if it is close in the 4th, the Bears win. I say that but it seems like the only close games Baylor has won they have had to put up alot of points in the 4th. Maybe that's the only way the Bears can make comebacks is if they are way down going into the 4th.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the A&M offense is that they don't turn the ball over easily. McGee only has one int. on the season, and that was the first pass of the game against Tech.

Another thing about the A&M offense is that they can do more things than most offenses can. McGee is a good passer when given the opportunity. He also has IMO one of the most underrated players in the conf. in Chad Schroeder. He's as good of a possession receiever as there is. We've got Lane that can pound it on any defense in the nation, Goodson who is as fast as lightning when he catches the corner, and once again McGee, who is not the fastest guy by far, but he is a very, very smart runner. Not many teams can say they have four different ways to hurt you on offense.

I'd be willing to bet that if Baylor wins this game, it won't be because of lack of effort of performance from A&M. It will most likely be due to Fran's inability to prepare his team.

right now baylor is throwing about 80% of the time... with that mosley and whitaker together average about 5.2 yards a carry. its not a "lack of running game"... its more choosing not too run.

mosley has 66 carries for 344 yards

whitaker has 36 for 180

what pulls down the average for each game is sacks and there has been about 20 givin up this year.

Honestly, the past two years don't have anything to do with this game. It does give Baylor confidence knowing they can play with and actually beat a good football team. This should be a great game. If A&M doesn't turnover the ball and McGee can actually be productive in the passing game, I don't see A&M losing. If Baylor puts pressure on McGee, then this should be a great game!

It may be filled with Ags, but sounds like End Zone tarp may even come off for this one.

Good to see Baylor back to the point where a sell out is even possible.

Will be there rooting for the offense!

Hope to see an exciting, back-n-forth game decided at the end.

Originally posted by Slikk1803

I can't wait for Saturday, this is gonna be an awesome game....I plan on getting there about 3 hours prior to kick off....Will that be early enough ???

Yeah, gates won't open till 4:30pm, but there is tailgating and stuff going on before that, but yeah, parking CAN be an issue for non-ticket holder/bear foundation members.

Originally posted by Whouse07
Originally posted by RedBloodEagle

Baylor by 3. Texas A&M has NEVER had 50% of the attendance in Waco... that's a fantasy aggies like to portray as the truth to serve as evidence of the "aggie" spirit taking over Waco. It just simply has never been true. Yes, there are a lot of aggies in attendance, but at best aggies will have around 15,000 of a total attendance of 45,000.

lol not to down ya but no way baylor takes it by 3, IF they take it which is possible, it'll be close just like it has been.

that's by 3 points, not 3 tds.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

In your personal opinion, who would you rather have running the ball? Tonight was the first time I got to REALLY watch Baylor, and if I was a bear fan, I would want Whitaker getting the bulk of the carries.

Personally, I'd rather run Mosley. Whitaker is smaller (5'9, 190)and might be quicker, but have to go with the more experienced Mosley (6'3, 236), who just seems to have good games against A&M.

As much as Baylor would probably love to run the ball, QB Bell has had his best games passing against A&M.

many people say whitaker because they think he is "quicker and faster" and is more fit for the offense than mosley... but the honest truth is although whitaker may be quicker at the line of scrimmage to get away from the dline... mosley may be overall faster. after watching him out run UTs secondary for 60 yards and pull away the 4.3 speed they clocked him at early this season seems legit.

and imho i would rather mosley get the majority of the carries... not to take anything away from whitaker but if mosley is any other offense with a better run blocking line he is probably one of the top backs in the conference in terms of ypg.