Kilgore-Hallsville / What the Stats say!

FBJ

With the upcoming gut wrenching game scheduled @ R.E. St. John stadium Friday night probably deciding if Kilgore or Hallsville stays in, here a quick look at some stats.

Hallsville: Fry has 1423 yds passing with his favorite targets being Valentine with over 600 yds Receiving and Williams with about 400 yds Receiving. Survia leads the ball carrying with 773 yds rushing.

Kilgore's with a little more detail since I have better access to their stats:

Jr. QB Eric King is 32/63 with 479 yds passing 8 TDs with 1 pick. (Remember King only started after Mt. Pleasant and 1st time on Varsity)

Shepherd has 13 catches for 185 yds and 4 TDs Rossum has 9 catches for 239 yds and 2 TDs.

Rogers is leading the rushing with 107 carries for 709 yds. (also remember here that Sheffield was the main ball carrier through Nac. and had 636 yds. So Rogers has been the main man for 2 1/2 games)

A newcomers to the scene Hakeem Colbert has 17 carriers for 318 yds. (WOW! that's 18 yds per carry)

Looks like another classic passing team verses a running team matchup this Friday. Fry's blistering arm against the Kilgore Grinder. Since Hallsville has not been stopping much on defense, and Kilgore has had a suspect secondary, look for this to be another double digit barn burner. :runningdog: :w00t:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hakeem was a JV tailback last year and he was running 3rd string behind Sheffield, Rogers, and Reddic this year. After Sheffield got hurt a couple of games ago Colbert started getting a few totes. Each time he has laid hands on the ball he has been electric. Against Nac he had about 100 yds, but every time he carried there was a penalty that called the ball back. He ended up with 1 yd against Nac. He gained 9 /213 yds against Pine tree for most of his yds. Before this he had only handled the ball 8/105 in all the previous games. Most of that was against MP when Sheffield got hurt the first time. (That's still 13 yds per carry.)

Colbert is actually 5th team running back!! shiffeld, rogers, smith, reddic, then colbert is the way the season started... Kid has great eyes and quick and very young...

To many Dogs and the pass defense not back get you stats the last 3 games lol FBJ

Come down to coaching and the Dogs Staff will win that battle hands down.... All we need is one of the three Plunks to throw a fit!!!!:happy65:

Originally posted by FBJ

Where ever are all those bobcat fans? I can't keep this post rolling by myself.

36_20_4.gifimage.gif

You are right FBJ, you have just about kept this thread on life support all by your lonesome. Be carefull about calling the kitty till you are sure it does not have puppy dog on it's menu. We might even cat-nap your score keeper... Hey... gotta do what it takes.

Gee thanks, Tiger, just a small thang, Stop a QB that is over 1400 yds passing, and his favorite receivers, and not to mention shut down little ole Survia, a top rusher. No big deal, snap your fingers and it's done huh. I don't remember the Wildcats having such and easy time, maybe I missed something.

36_20_1.gifimage.gif

You see I am old enough to remember, when Kilgore couldn't beat a grade school team and Pine Tree and Henderson dominated the dogs. Like when the Lions took us 70-20 in 1989, or Pine Tree beating us 45-16 in 1990. Thank God memories fade with age.

15_8_212.gifimage.gif